Game Mistaking

Bawksie

(:
I honestly have no clue where to post this. I guess this is where I will.

Basically, I'll try to keep this short and simple. How does one get out of the habit of "Game Mistaking/Miss-playing"? I'm getting tired of going to event after event, and always missing top cut because of making game mistakes left and right. I always play decks I'm comfortable with, but, doesn't seem to help. Maybe it just red face powder deck's aren't too great?

Not sure if theirs a way to define how to NOT game mistake, but some suggestions might help!

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Play slower and don't play cards down until you look at the entire field and understand the consequences of playing the card down.

I have the same problem sometimes. Nobody's perfect, and if EVERY single turn you spend time reading every card in your hand and in play and in your discard piles you're gonna hit time by your 5th turn lol.

Well, to me, it doesnt SEEM like I'm game mistaking, but when the games over, everyone tells me I made soo many mistakes during the game.

This happens to me a lot also. I forget to play a card or I don't remember to use a power and I lose because of it.

Haha, this happens to me ALOT. It isnt necessarily I done something drastically wrong but its sometimes the order I play the cards can have a big influence of the outcome of that turn.

Yeah, I never think I make a mistake. I realized at States I made a big one when I didn't discard my trainers and got Poltergeisted for the win. I just play a deck for a long time until I'm comfortable with it and look at everything before I play it. A few misplays made me slow down, it's worked for me at least.

This has been a problem for me lately too. My advice: get lots of practice. Get on Redshark and practice with your deck a couple of days before the tournament.

just go slower. It WILL help. I find myself making mistakes sometimes, and I have slowed down alot and Ive been doing better lately.

Yeah, I mess up all the time, simply because I miscalculate damage in a rush, forget I have a Spray in my hand (lol) and loads of others. Practicing and going slower, taking your time, and looking over the field and your hand carefully could help I guess.

dmaster out.

Although many suggest go slower, you may have to obviously compromise whether you seem to your opponent that you are stalling or your about to lose.

The biggest mistake I ever make is I tend to try to play trainers when I have my Spiritomb active. XD It's only happened at league though, thank goodness.

I think everyone does this. (I know I do) I just try to go slower and try to think things through and know everything im going to do by the end of my opponets turn. After I draw my card obviousley.

Sit there and think the statedgy out. Try to get a couple of turns in head of your opponent and think in your mind "so if they get this card out, I should react by doing this, which then I may turn around the game, and put them in a bad situation". Looking through your deck when you play a search engine to see what you all have left is good too for future references. Checking your discard pile, and your opponents discard pile is helpfull too. To see how much of something they have left and then in your mind start making mental notes on what move to use, what energies to attach, and what trainers to play.

At the beginning of a game the first time I search my deck I look through to see if anything important is prized and if I might want to keep Azelf in mind.

You know what's wierd? It happens to me too, but not at leauge, only at big tournaments. Coincidence? I'm afraid not. This happens to me mostly because of nervousness. I have to calm down constantly during exciting tournament matches. You should try too. This year at nats, I was so nervous and too focused, I missed a Shadow Room Donk. (He had Unown G, I had a Gengar with Energy and Gastly on the bench. I forgot that I did 60 damage, and retreated, then pitch darked.)

^Well considering you won Nats, all's well that ends well right?

Back