• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gallade's the Play (Gallade/Yveltal EX/Yveltal)

Expert_Occultist

Magic card player
So I was playing Gardevoir GX online and noticed that every second game I played was against some sort of Zoroark GX variant. I also noticed that the games I won were the games I got out Gallade to one-shot me some Zoroarks. This was so effective I found myself using a 2-2 split of Gardevoir/Gallade and Korrina (really cool option I can't take credit for). But there has to be an easier, faster way to get out Gallade. Turns out it exists and it was under my nose the entire time:

Mons:
x2 Gallade (bkt)
x2 Yveltal EX
x1Tapu Lele GX
x1 Shaymin EX
x1 Yveltal (xy)
x1 Darkrai EX (dex)
x1 Darkrai GX
x1 Oricorio
x1 Sudowoodo

Trainers
x2 Acro Bike
x4 Battle Compressor
x1 Computer Search
x3 Dark Patch
x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
x4 Trainer's Mail
x4 Ultra Ball
x4 Vs Seeker
x2 Virbank City Gym
x1 Ghetsis
x2 Guzma
x2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
x1 N
x2 Professor Sycamore
x2 Float Stone

Energy
x4 DCE
x7 Darkness

As you can see we're not screwing around with the Maxie plan since a turn 1 Gallade is a lot more relevant in today's meta. This deck runs a TON of items which hasn't been a thing since Trevenant got popular but with Zoroark GX keeping Trev down I feel like this kind of strategy is more viable now. The dark mons hit for weakness on Trev as well. Other than that this deck is basically the Yveltal deck with some modern techs like Sudowoodo and Oricorio (woody prevents Riotous Beating from one-shoting Gallade harhar). This is just a reminder that this deck exists since I never see it on tier lists.
As an aside, Float Stone could probably be something else. It just allows us to empty our hand and retreat our active to get Gallade out without having to attach an energy. Choice Band seems unnecessary since Gallade crushes Zoroark without it. I know I mention Zoroark a lot here but if you play online you know why :p

Hi. Cool idea. this deck is petty cool and looks like it can be fast, but I think that it Might be to clunky because of all the one of's and the Darkrai's don't seem to good in this deck. I can see why you want the Darkrai GX because you can Battle compressor them away but I think that the Egsecute with Propagation is way better.

Here are some changes:

-1 Darkrai EX
-1 Darkrai GX

+2 Eggsecute (Plasma Freeze)

The Eggsecute's can help you with there ability that lets you put a Egg from your discard into your hand (Once during your turn), witch can help you discard cards with your ultra balls to get your hand down to one card for that Maxie's hidden ball trick.

Hope I helped :)

Hey, thanks for the review! For the one-ofs, they're pretty much all techs for certain matchups and even Night Spear can help with the Night March matchup. Darkrai GX with Lasers have been clutch before as well although I can see why it would give me too much to Compress at one time. If I were to take something out it would be the baby yveltal since it doesn't really do anything and then Drakrai GX. Another thing I've been trying to do is resolve Maxie more than once per game consistently. Do you think eggs will help with that?

Back