• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gallade / Archeops / Yveltal EX

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 3 Yveltal (xy base set)
  • 1 Seismitoad EX
  • 1 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Gallade
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 1 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Shaymin EX (Roaring Skies)
  • 2 Archeops
  • 1 Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze)
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 N
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Dark Patch
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 2 Parallel City
  • 1 Silent Lab
Energy:
  • 6 Darkness Energy
  • 4 DCE
Open Spots: 0

Strategy:

I love this deck! You use Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick to get Gallade/Archeops and attack super hard or lock evolution cards which is super useful in the mega meta we have right now. I know I should run a jirachi ex and computer search but currently to expensive. If I have too I will buy them.

I'm using this deck for regionals so people that help me keep that in mind. I'm in seniors division not sure what's big in my division so....
All help is appreciated!!!!

Changes:
+ 1 Gallade
+ 1 archeops
+ 1 ultra ball
+ 1 Jirach EX
+ 1 silent lab

- 1 seismitoad EX
- 1 float stone
- 1 parallel city

Last edited:
Is computer search and jirachi needed for this deck in Regionals? Or is an option?

Nice Deck! I would suggest taking a Seismitoad out and replacing it for another Pokemon, possibly Archeops, Gallade, or Yveltal EX. You seem to run a lot of single copies of Pokemon. Lastly, what is the Exeggcute for?

@NovaFangz I use exeggcute for discard help because I always have a vs seeker a useless card and an ultra ball. I liked he idea of adding an archeops or ballade which do you think is better?

You might also consider running more than 1 Gallade, because of your only 1 is prized, you'll be at a potentially serious disadvantage in some matchups (e.g., Manectric EX).

Honestly, I like Gallade better. Thoough, if you feel like locking opponents evolutions is more important go for it. You also have to know wether more people will be playing things like Manectric or Vespiquen Flareon. As a fellow Senior I highly suggest Gallade.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to the regionals in Oregon and it's the last one of winter regionals so I will see what's more popular after some of the regionals have finished. Lastly what's your thought on jirachi/computer search I know there really good but are they nessasary?

Lastly what's your thought on jirachi/computer search I know there really good but are they nessasary?
Since the winter Regionals will be using the expanded format, why would you not run an Ace SPEC like Computer Search or Dowsing Machine? These cards were/are considered priority staples in former and current expanded decks.

Personally, I would consider Shaymin EX far superior to Jirachi EX (assuming that is your referenced Pokemon) given Shaymin EX's better versatility.

In my experience with Ylveltal-EX / Gallade / Zoroark in standard, 4 Ultra Balls for hand removal is a must, and it might be nice to add Superior Energy Retrieval to that end as well. Computer search also helps there. I like the Egg to help with that.

3 Parallel City might be a lot, and is played a lot, meaning you might want a shadow circle or silent lab to bump an opposing Parallel City pointed against you (really hard to get Maxie+Gallade out with only 3 bench space).

@TuxedoBlack I was wondering because computer search is expensive and I think jirachi is better then shaymin in this deck since you want lower hand and jirachi gets you a supporter like Maxie. So I think im getting a jirachi so I will add it to the list

@Apterous I love your ideas thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back