• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Galchomp [Gallade 4, Garchomp C] (Cities, Masters)

AceBlade258

Avid Trader/Player
This is probably one of the most difficult decks I have ever made. I'll make a clean list up top, then below I'll annotate it.

Pokemon: 21
2-2 Gallade 4
2-2 Garchomp C
1 Bronzong G
2 Dragonite FB
1 Crobat G
1 Raichu GL
1 Unown Q
1 Lucario GL
1 Promocroak G
2-1 Uxie Lv.X
1-1 Azelf Lv.X

T/S/St: 27
1 Aaron's Collection
2 Bebe's Search
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray
4 Poke Turn
2 SP Radar
2 Junk Arm
2 Premier Ball
1 VS Seeker

Energy: 12
4 Call Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Psychic Energy
1 Lightening Energy

Annotated List:

Pokemon: 21
2-2 Gallade 4 - Main Attcker
2-2 Garchomp C - Main Attcker
1 Bronzong G - Tech for Energy Movement
2 Dragonite FB - Tech for LuxChomp Matchup
1 Crobat G - 1 damage counter is always useful
1 Raichu GL - Tech for Gyrados matchup (It can consistently oneshot Gyrados's)
1 Unown Q - Pixie retreat, or Gallade 4[/i]
1 Lucario GL - Doubles weakness for Machamp/G-Dos
1 Promocroak G - Tech for LuxChomp Matchup
2-1 Uxie Lv.X - Draw Power/Excellent attacker for only a DCE
1-1 Azelf Lv.X - Prize Search/Steelix matchup.

T/S/St: 27
1 Aaron's Collection - Recovery of KO'd SP's
2 Bebe's Search - Powerful Deck Search
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy - VERY Powerful Deck Search
2 Pokemon Collector - Great for Grabbing Basics
3 Energy Gain - Essentially a colorless energy in 'Pokemon Tool' Form
4 Power Spray - Four to stop Healing Breath/Set Up
4 Poke Turn - Like an always heads SSU for SP's
2 SP Radar - Powerful Deck SP search, grab-able with Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Junk Arm - Trainer Recovery/Junk Discard
2 Premier Ball - Lv.X Search from Deck OR Discard
1 VS Seeker - Supporter Recovery

Energy: 12
4 Call Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Psychic Energy
1 Lightening Energy

I had actually thought of that, but the VS Seeker has more versatility, and can also be gotten back with junk arm, s it can be used more than once if needed.

I'm not typically a fan of spread damage decks, but this one works too well to dismiss out of hand. If I get going at all, Gyrados has a tough time keeping up!

I built something like this, but I use absol prime and miasma valley to get the damage rolling. And a 3-1 gallade, to abuse his power as many times in a turn as possible. Usually by my t3 I have between 30-80 damage on everything, that takes care of most sp (not lv x), all the pixies and actually most basics.
After that gallade x cleans up.
I also put in 1-1 dgx to stop healing powers but I've been wanting to try out lunarock instead.

The biggest problem I've had tho is seeker ssu and poketurns. that the only thing that makes spread not competitve.

I really like the azelf lv x in this.
And I'm 100% sure you told me never to play raichu gl hahaha

lol, I think I did indeed. Well, that was a Pre-Gyrados meta that I was playing in.

The idea isn't to put as much damage on everything as possible but to rather to weaken your opponents Pokemon so that you can take cheap KO's oneshot them all with whatever you decide to attack with.

Seeker, SSU, and PokeTurn are annoying, but like I said this deck goes more for the cheap KO's as soon as it can, and it racks them up quickly too.

Maybe that's the problem I've been having, I've been more worried about spreading damage than taking the cheap prizes.
I'm gonna look more into that more, but the absol prime and miasma valley combo works wonders.

Good decklist, I like it very much, but there is one problem. You don't have mewtwo counter. If anyone techs in a Mewtwo L.X it's auto-loss. Anyway those are my suggestions:

-1 Dragonite FB
-1 Junk Arm

+1-1 Drifblim UD

Ok, test against Mewtwo and see if you can do that. Its very hard to have a garchomp ready to snipe and a crobat G/Gallade.

Mewtwo isn't seen enough for me to honestly worry about it. If I meet one and it does manage to get set up, I may very well lose. I have beaten a Mewtwo that got set up before though by taking out the bench while preventing them from getting KO's in return. It's a hard match, and you can only win on time, but it is doable.

Back