Galarian Town Shown in New 'Sword & Shield' Trailer

Secret Agent Seal

Aspiring Trainer
Most people I've spoken to seem OK with a limited national dex. There's an understanding that with new Pokemon added each generation, it's inevitable that eventually some content needs to be cut from the games.

That said, in this case it doesn't make any sense because GF are reusing models from XY. I'd understand if there were elaborate new models or fancy animations, but it seems like they're recycling assets from a game made 6 years ago. Maybe they'll be locking a bunch of Pokemon behind a paywall, who knows.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Most people I've spoken to seem OK with a limited national dex. There's an understanding that with new Pokemon added each generation, it's inevitable that eventually some content needs to be cut from the games.

That said, in this case it doesn't make any sense because GF are reusing models from XY. I'd understand if there were elaborate new models or fancy animations, but it seems like they're recycling assets from a game made 6 years ago. Maybe they'll be locking a bunch of Pokemon behind a paywall, who knows.

The people I've spoken too aren't happy with the removal of features. Its also not the limited Pokedex thats the problem, since Let's GO Eevee has the restricted dex. We also didn't force TPC to make hundreds of new Pokemon and forms every game. They choose to do this so we as players expect this. A Switch game card can hold up to 32GB of data, which is plenty for every Pokemon with lots of data left over. Its clear to everyone they are doing this because they knew they could get away with this. Keep in mind these games wont be able to connect with any newer Switch games because of the lack of data on the cards, which will continue to be a problem and a waste of money in the long run if we have to keep buying new games to get all the Pokemon.

This is why they need to stop making new Pokemon and new regions and work with what they have. We dont need regional forms or new transformations. They need to balance what they have now and make less new Pokemon. The best thing for them to do now is to make a huge MMO and add new regions with DLC, like any other modern developer would have done. I have no idea why the community is rewarding this kind of development. TPC are making games like they did on the GameBoy and it needs to stop.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The people I've spoken too aren't happy with the removal of features. Its also not the limited Pokedex thats the problem, since Let's GO Eevee has the restricted dex. We also didn't force TPC to make hundreds of new Pokemon and forms every game. They choose to do this so we as players expect this. A Switch game card can hold up to 32GB of data, which is plenty for every Pokemon with lots of data left over. Its clear to everyone they are doing this because they knew they could get away with this. Keep in mind these games wont be able to connect with any newer Switch games because of the lack of data on the cards, which will continue to be a problem and a waste of money in the long run if we have to keep buying new games to get all the Pokemon.
Those are my thoughts - GameFreak has, for the longest time, committed to development decisions that range from awfully lazy, all the way to anti-consumer. While criticisms were thrown at them, it is difficult to rally around "lets not buy this game, because you can't change your outfit in ORAS" and such - these issues were too abstract to be put into simple, marketable language to combat the overwhelming ad campaigns put on by Nintendo.
(You can see it with backlashes that happen when a game has bugs/lags, which get far more traction than bad design decisions).

National Dex is not an issue that is "important" - the game itself looks extremely lazily done and outdated, and that for me is far more glaring - but it's an issue that's extremely marketable. It "feels" more objective than an empty, barren world or "ModelScale * 3" mechanic.