Galarian Articuno V, Galarian Zapdos V, and Galarian Moltres V from 'Matchless Fighters!'

Sush

Aspiring Trainer
Why is Moltres weak to grass? xD
He could've been weak to electric I guess, but in the SwSh era water types are weak to lightning, which leaves us with the question well... what is grass hitting for weakness now? Well in many cases it is hitting dark for weakness since bug types from the videogames are included in the grass type in the tcg, and dark is weak to bug-type! (Excuse my non-native english writing)

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
  • G. Articuno V - what's the point of this thing? Discard 2 to draw 1 sounds trash. It must be discard 2 to draw 3. Qell, I have Compound Eyes so the translation of the image is 90% accurate. Well, still trash. 2
  • G.Zapdos V - this might be the ultimate counter to Eternatus. This must be a 1-of card on let's say Zacian ADP or Zacian with Bronzong variant. They can run Aurora on those decks and things like Zapdos are welcome to this. 5 Geodudes
  • G.Moltres V - bland ability for a bland attack, unless there might be some usable combos. 3 Geodudes
  • SS Urshifu - Spikemuth. Good T1 that thing. 3-4
  • RS Urshifu - more expensive version of Falinks. Even though Falinks does 120, at least its payable with RSE. 3-4
  • Cinderace VMAX - Cinderace ain't RS, so the atk is expensive to pay t1. 3-4
  • Rillaboom VMAX - Seems Legit. 3-4

Play Moltres in Eternatus with Weavile and you're not as vulnerable to Crushing hammer, plus a non VMAX dark type that isn't impossible to charge up and hits hard is good.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
  • G. Articuno V - what's the point of this thing? Discard 2 to draw 1 sounds trash. It must be discard 2 to draw 3. Qell, I have Compound Eyes so the translation of the image is 90% accurate. Well, still trash. 2
actually articuno V just busted mad party

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Articuno is a whole lot better than people are giving it credit for. Remember the Mustard Stance cards that require you to have 0 cards in hand other than them? Well, Articuno just opened up a whole world of possibilities for those turn 1 plays. Also, the draw 1 is pretty nice because you can Primate Wisdom something to be drawn with the ability. I’m most hyped about building turn 1 Stance decks with these new additions.

Also, you want the cards to be balanced enough in Expanded. Discarding cards is nothing with Propagation in format so drawing more than 1 would’ve been really too much.
The problem with Mustard is we need a Stage 2 with ability that can make use of it. Gladly we have Emboar SS and Inteleon RS. Stage 1 is just put a basic and evolve a Stage 1 on it.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Usually cards like Articuno only gets good after a few expansions after it's initial release. It's definitely a combo piece for Rapid Strike Mustard shenanigans, maybe some sort of a +1 discard/draw support. Sometimes you DON'T want to discard 3 for absolutely nothing.