• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [[FUTURE]] - Talonflame / Eeveelution's GX

JeroenM

Aspiring Trainer
Eevee
Ability
When you attach a basic Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon, you may search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon that is the same type as that Energy card and put it onto this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.

Quick Draw
Flip a coin. If heads, draw 1 card.

Umbreon GX
Strafe 30
You may switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.
Shadow Bullet 90
This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
Night Cry GX
Discard 2 Energy attached to your opponent's Pokémon in play. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Espeon GX
Psybeam 30
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.
Psychic 60+
Does 30 more damage for each Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.
Division GX
Put 10 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.(You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Nest Ball
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Rotom Pokedex
Count the number of your remaining Prize cards and shuffle them into your deck. Then, add that number of cards to your Prize cards from the top of your deck.

Pokemon - 12
4 Eevee - SM1
2 Umbreon GX - SM1
2 Espeon GX - SM1
4 Talonflame - STS

Trainers - 34
4 N
4 Sycamore
3 Skyla
2 Super Rod
1 Fisherman
1 Hex Maniac
1 Lysandre
3 Nest Ball -SM1
3 Professors Letter
4 VS Seeker
2 Reverse Valley
2 Special Charge
3 Trainers mail
1 Rotom pokedex - SM1

Energy - 14
4 Double Colorless Energy
5 Psychic Energy
5 Dark Energy

Strategy:
I saw the cardlist from the new Sun&Moon set (February 3th) and started to think it would be possible to play with my favorite eeveelutions again.

There are 2 possible starters in this deck. Talonflame and Eevee. Eevee has the ability to evolve when an energy from my hand is attached to it (like the furius fist one). So we can start beginning to evolve Eevee first turn if we have an energy. Then we need the DCE as quick as possible. If there is a talonflame start, we could get it that way and retreat talonflam for free (would take one turn more).

I don't play Max Elixer because it's not activating the ability of Eevee.

I shose Reverse Valley as stadium to get +10 damage for Umbreon and to get rid of the stadium of the other player. Rotom is there in case of Espeon and Umbreon are in the prizepool.

Wow the new sylveon GX will already change this idea..

Would it be an idea to remove the talonflame and add sylveon GX with some fairy energy in to this deck? Or is 4 starters to less?

*Disclaimer: I haven't played competitively in a few years, so my advice may not be great*

This is a pretty good starting list, but in my opinion Sylveon is too good to not have in here.

So here's what I would do:

-1 Talonflame
-1 Skyla
-1 Super Rod
-2 Psychic Energy
-1 Darkness Energy
+2 Sylveon GX
+3 Fairy Energy
+1 Lysandre

This would give you another option for attacking. I feel like of the three Eeveelution GXs, Espeon is the least useful overall, so that's why I took two of its energy. That's not to say it's not useful, though. I took away a Super Rod because you can always VS Seeker your Fisherman if you're desperate for Energy. But something that I would try to incorporate into the strategy is to use Talonflame to force your opponent to take seven Prizes, since it's only worth one, and your opponent would still have to knock out three Eeveelutions to win the game. But I took away a copy of Talonflame because Sylveon also has great setup potential, and replaced it with Lysandre because between Umbreon and Sylveon, you could hit the bench in some very crucial ways.

Well Umbreon and Espeon are in there so you can choose wich one to play once you see your opponent.
The reason i use Super rod 2x and Fisherman 1x, it that Super rod also gets Eevee back in the deck ;)

This is the new list i made once Sylveon GX came out. But i'm thinking to build an other deck (Sylveon GX/Pinsir or something like that

Pokemon - 10
4 Eevee - SM1
2 Umbreon GX - SM1
2 Espeon GX - SM1
2 Sylveon GX - SM1

Trainers - 35
3 N --> Draw support
4 Sycamore --> Draw support
3 Skyla --> Get trainers mail/nest ball/special charge
2 Delinquent --> Delete stadiums
2 Super Rod --> Eevee back to deck
1 Fisherman --> Energy's
1 Hex Maniac --> Ability block
1 Lysandre --> Swich pokemon opponent
3 Nest Ball -SM1 --> Get eevee
4 Professors Letter --> Get right energy on turn 1 (fairy)
4 VS Seeker --> Get supporter back
2 Special Charge --> DCE back to deck
4 Trainers mail --> Search for items
1 Rotom pokedex - SM1 --> Reshuffle prizes (If pokemon is priced)

Energy - 15
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Psychic Energy
3 Dark Energy
5 Fairy Energy (5 to get one turn 1)

Strategy:
There are only 4 starters (Eevee). Always give away the start. Try to get Sylveon turn one (fairy energy). If possible try to get some more eevee's that turn. With sylveon's attack you go get 2 DCE and 1 other card you need (sycamore, proffesors letter, eevee,..).

Then look at the opponent's starter and figure out if you need Umbreon or sylveon next.

I tried the deck several times. I always managed to get sylveon out turn 1.. And turn 4 there is another one (umbreon/Espeon) ready to go.. And turn 6 another one.. But i also have a LOT of cards in my hand i don't use.. So i think to put some hammers or something in it? But what can I leave without losing the speed?

Last edited:
Once 2/3 GX's are ready.. Trainers mail (why should i use it?), Proffesors letter (because everything is there), N+Sycamore (because what else do i want?), ....
The only other thing i could want is another DCE..

But if i leave one of these out.. I could miss the sylveon GX start wich would make it terrible.

I think you can afford to drop a Delinquent, so that opens up a slot for a disruption card. You don't have to use every card, so I would consider running a couple copies of Switch since they have big retreat costs if there's anything else you think you can drop. Also, how exactly are you testing the deck?

I made proxies (just write everything down on a piece of paper and put it in a sleeve with a turned card).

Well Delinquent is there to delete stadium cards.. So or keep it, or switch it with an stadium card.
I'm thinking to do the following
- 1 fisherman (never used it)
- 1 trainers mail (3 is enough?)
-1 sycamore
-1 vs seeker
+ 2 switch
+ 2 Crushing Hammer

I wouldn't take out any VS Seeker. If you add in the Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon from Ancient Origins (1 of each), you could hit for weakness, which is useful since Umbreon, Espeon, or Sylveon aren't likely to score a 1-hit-ko otherwise.

Have you thought about Red Card? If you added in 1 Red Card, you could search both Delinquent and Red Card off of Sylveon, letting you reduce your opponent's hand size to 1 next turn.

1 Max Potion or AZ could be nice as a way to heal damage, since they all have 200 HP.

Also, Rotom Pokedex isn't that great.

Hmm interesting idea to add Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon! But doesn't it make the game harder? Because you only have 4 Eevee?

Red card sounds interesting to! But only if there are 2/3 to be sure i can use it.. with only 1 the chance i can really use it is small?

I was thinking on Fairy drop (for Sylveon) instead of Max potion? Because throwing away the DCE is sad.

i would honestly think that this build would work better if you work off trying to get weakness. therefore using jolteon/vaporeon from ancient origins. given that you allready play eevee. this will make you have wekaness agains mostly everything. jolteon = weakness for yveltal/rayquaza. Vaporeon= weakness for volcanion. Sylveon = weakness to dragon (giratina for example) and dark and psycic is allways good. therefore you could be hitting for weakness with umbreonn. 180 damage and 30 to bench. and mabye even add a steel type for fairy. you could even mabye run that with vileplume for a new lock.

Hmm interesting idea to add Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon! But doesn't it make the game harder? Because you only have 4 Eevee?

4 Eevee does make it a little difficult, but you'll probably only use 1 of the Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon trio at a time, depending on what deck you're playing against, which leaves you with 3 Eevee to do stuff with. Make sure you don't cut any Super Rod, you'll need 2 of them. (Or 1 Super Rod and 1 Brock's Grit.)

Red card sounds interesting to! But only if there are 2/3 to be sure i can use it.. with only 1 the chance i can really use it is small?

You could try 2 Red Card if you want. The idea is to search a Stadium for Delinquent + Delinquent + Red Card with Sylveon (and if you already have any of those combo pieces, you can search DCE instead), so you only need 1 Red Card because as long as you got Sylveon you got everything you need, but you can use 2 just in case 1 of them is Prized, or if you want to try to pull off Delinquent + Red Card more than once per game.

I was thinking on Fairy drop (for Sylveon) instead of Max potion? Because throwing away the DCE is sad.

Yeah, discarding DCE is painful. Fairy Drop could work. It heals just enough that it could keep Sylveon alive for an extra turn.

Last edited:
Thank you for help everyone ;)

I will try the Eeveeweaknes one a few times later this week ;) Should i only put Sylveon GX in it? Or Sylveon GX and Umbreon GX (no Espeon because that one is only usefull to confuse and then attack, and don't have a place for that).

Edit: Or 1 copy of Umbreon GX and 1 of Espeon GX? To have al types? Because we would be going for weakness

Last edited:
In the spoiler the deck i made with the idea for the weaknesses ;) I will test is later this week.

Pokemon - 11
4 Eevee Sun/Moon 4
2 Sylveon GX Sun/Moon(2?)
1 Espeon GX Sun/Moon
1 Umbreon GX Sun/Moon
1 Vaporeon Ancient origins
1 Jolteon Ancient origins

Trainer - 39
2 Delinquent
2 Red card
3 Fairy Garden
3 Skyla
3 N
3 Sycamore
1 Lysandre
1 Hex maniac
3 Trainers mail
3 Professors letter
3 Nest ball/level ball
3 VS Seeker
1 Special Charge
3 Super Rod
3 Fairy Drop
1 Town map (for dark/psychic energy or an eeveelution)

Energy's - 10
4 DCE
4 Fairy
1 Dark
1 Psychic

Back