Discussion Future Standard (Mimikyu GX/Alolan Nintales GX)

Casey Wilson

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone its been a while since I posted a deck list so I thought I would give it a crack. The new mimikyu GX has got me really excited (being my favorite Pokemon) and with the addition of the new Alolan Nintales GX I think could be a good pair. If you are unsure click here for the link to the translation of both cards, "http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/07/alolan-ninetales-gx-mimikyu-gx-gardevoir-from-fairy-rise". So here is my rough first draft:

Pokemon *10*
2- Alolan Vulpix (beacon) GUR
2- Alolan Nintales GX (Fairy) Fairy Rise
3- Mimikyu GX Fairy Rise
2- Tapu lele GUR
1- Giratina Fairy Rise

Trainers *31*
1- Pokemon Fan Club UPR
4- Cynthia UPR
3- Guzma BUR
2- Judge
1- Tate and Liza
1- Copycat
1- Hala
1- Multi Switch
1- Rescue stretcher GUR
1- Pal Pad UPR
2- Fairy charm (D) Fairy Rise
1- Fairy charm (P) Fairy Rise
1- Fairy charm (F) Fairy Rise
2- Counter Gain
2- Choice Band GUR
4- Acro Bike
4- Ultra Ball

Energy **
2- Counter Energy
8- Fairy Energy

Bear in mind that there is room for other cards which is why the deck doesn't add up to 60 if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them :)

I do not get the sinergy b/n mimikyu and ninetales. Surely it gives consistency, but is useful with decks with stage 1/stage 2, or decks that requires specific items to work properly, and mimikyu is not the case. IMHO you may want to play it with more useful cards such as baby koko, latios and po town (maybe tech a necrozma gx), spreading early damage and then finishing off anything with mimikyu.

Changes i would make:

Pokemon *11*
2- Tapu Koko (promo)
3- Latios (SHL)
3- Mimikyu GX (Fairy Rise)
2- Tapu lele GUR
1- Necrozma GX (BUS)

Trainers *37*
3- Nest Ball
4- Cynthia UPR
3- Guzma BUR
3- Sightseer
1- lillie
1- Sophocles
2- Rescue stretcher GUR
1- Pal Pad UPR
2- Counter Gain
3- Choice Band GUR
2- Escape Board
4- Ultra Ball
1- Field Blower
3- Po Town
4- Acro Bike

Energy *12*
4- DCE
8- Fairy Energy

Thanks for the feedback, I do agree with the spreader instead but I thought Allan ninetalea could be a cool addition since it’s attack does damage to bench as well. I would add at least on counter energy or counter gain.

I’ll be running Mimikyu-GX with Burning Shadows Weavile, on top of a Xerneas-GX and the Xerneas Prism Star.

BUS Weavile can attack for 1 Colorless to deal 60 to all Pokémon with Abilities (and that Prism Star is the only one in my list besides Lele that uses an Ability).

I’m also using 2 Po Town and 1 Shrine of Punishment (might remove Shrine for something else though).
Instead of a T1 Lillie, my deck uses a T1 Steven’s Decision to set up exactly what I need, since there’s so many attacking options and only 3 DCE in my list.

Should I post the full list?

I’ll be running Mimikyu-GX with Burning Shadows Weavile, on top of a Xerneas-GX and the Xerneas Prism Star.

BUS Weavile can attack for 1 Colorless to deal 60 to all Pokémon with Abilities (and that Prism Star is the only one in my list besides Lele that uses an Ability).

I’m also using 2 Po Town and 1 Shrine of Punishment (might remove Shrine for something else though).
Instead of a T1 Lillie, my deck uses a T1 Steven’s Decision to set up exactly what I need, since there’s so many attacking options and only 3 DCE in my list.

Should I post the full list?
Yeah, I love the sound of that!

I love that list, I just hope we get our 'Fairy Rise' before Harrogate Regionals in December

I love that list, I just hope we get our 'Fairy Rise' before Harrogate Regionals in December
I heard tell that it might be a mini set in February.
Don’t quote me on that though.

Japan gets it August 3rd though, so we’ll see how they use it.

Back