• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Spooky Blizzard (Gengar / Kyurem EX)

ImDaBanana

The real world Nanab Berry!
Hello there, i was thinking on a deck using Gengar from BREAKthrough and Kyurem EX from Ancient Origins. At first I want to ask if this could possibly work, because i can't test it because i don't have all the cards. I came up with this list:

--------------
Pokemon - 14
--------------
  • 3 Gastly - Evolution
  • 2 Haunter - Evolution
  • 3 Gengar - Creep Show
  • 4 Kyurem EX (AOR) - Glaciate
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS)- Set Up
-----------
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums - 24
-----------
  • 3 Float Stone - Switch from Kyurem EX to Gengar
  • 3 Dimension Valley - To power Gengar easier
  • 2 Rare Candy - Quick Gengar evolution
  • 4 Skyla - Search for the trainer card i need at that moment
  • 2 Professor Letter - Search Energy
  • 2 Dive Ball - Find Kyurem EX
  • 3 Professor Birch Observations - Get new cards
  • 3 Lysandre - To switch opponents pokemon to knockout stronger pokemon first
  • 2 Steven - Basic Energy and a Supporter card i need
------------
Energy - 14
------------
  • 5 Psychic Energy
  • 5 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
-Strategy-

Kyurem EX's glaciate attack does 30 damage to every pokemon of your opponent. Then you switch to gengar to ohko every single pokemon with the damage. Gengars free retreat makes it easy to switch to kyurem to damage some more if needed.

I know it is not done yet, i have 52 cards in it, but I don't know what card i should put in. I'm looking for a pokemon that can just sit on the bench with an ability to help Gengar/Kyurem EX. Thanks for help in advance.

i think Gengar EX is better than Kyurem EX it can hit 30 for free with Dimension Valley and can hit and run in tight situations you can play it real control oriented with hammers and zerosic, team flare grunt since the deck is a little slow control your opponent's damage output while doing 30 with gengar ex until gengar is ready to 1 shot everything maybe some ringers for fast setups like mega rayquaza Mega manectric ETC

Maybe add Zoroark from breakthrough, reason one for the stand in ability(basically rush in, float stone for retreat.) plus it's mind jack attack isn't that bad. I also agree that Gengar EX is a good addition to this deck.

i think Gengar EX is better than Kyurem EX it can hit 30 for free with Dimension Valley and can hit and run in tight situations you can play it real control oriented with hammers and zerosic, team flare grunt since the deck is a little slow control your opponent's damage output while doing 30 with gengar ex until gengar is ready to 1 shot everything maybe some ringers for fast setups like mega rayquaza Mega manectric ETC
Great idea, i tried fixing up my list to this and it seems a lot better to be honest. I edited the decklist and changed this:

- 5 Water Energy
- 4 Kyurem EX
- 2 Dive Ball
- 2 Steven

+ 5 Psycic Energy
+ 4 Gengar EX
+ 1 Professor's Letter
+ 1 Dimension Valley
+ 3 Team Flare Grunt
+ 3 Xerosic
+ 4 Crushing Hammer

(I had room for 8 extra cards in the first list, that's why there are more cards added then removed :D)

Maybe add Zoroark from breakthrough, reason one for the stand in ability(basically rush in, float stone for retreat.) plus it's mind jack attack isn't that bad. I also agree that Gengar EX is a good addition to this deck.
To be honest i don't really see the point in adding Zoroark. The current (updated) list seems good to me, and it has little space for extra cards in it in my opinion.

Another question: if i'm going to update the decklist, do i need to edit the first post or can i post it in another post with a link from the front page?

Yes, that was for when you had the original list. I said it for it was a colorless attacker, another major attacker, and a new form of keldeo.

Back