• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: M Ampharos EX / Magnezone

Swag-pert

Subscribe to Thoughtful Swampert
Don't punish me if I did anything wrong, this is my first post in the Deck Garage.

Pokemon: 15
  • 3 Ampharos EX AO
  • 3 M Ampharos EX AO
  • 4 Magnemite XY8
  • 2 Magneton XY8
  • 3 Magnezone XY8
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Fisherman XY8
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ampharos Spirit Link
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Super Rod XY8
  • 4 Rough Seas
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Rare Candy
Energy: 11
  • 3 Double Colorless
  • 8 Lightning Energy
Translations from XY8:

Magnemite – Lightning – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[L] Crackling Generation: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[C][C] Glittering Ball: 20 damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 1

Magneton – Lightning – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Magnemite

[L] Static: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[L][C][C] Eleball: 70 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 1

Magnezone – Lightning – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Magneton

Ability: Magnet Circuit
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [L] Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

[L][L][C] Thunder Blast: 100 damage. Discard a [L] Energy attached to this Pokemon

Retreat: 3

The strategy of this deck is to power up Mega Ampharos with Magnezone's Ability, Magnet Circuit. I'm not running flash energy or a full set of double colorless energy, because you can't attach those with Magnet Circuit. Fisherman is to get back energy quickly to power up another Ampharos. Level Ball to help get out Magnemite and Magneton. Only 2 VS Seeker, because I am not a millionaire and I do not want to spend $7 on one item card. You can take down Regice by just not evolving Ampharos and using Sparkling Tail. What I am wondering is, what should I add, maybe Raikou from XY8, and what should I take out. Thanks!

You might want to include one or two flash energies, because you have a massive fighting weakness. While you cant attach them with magnazone's ability, you can still attach it, then use magnet circuit to attach more basic energies. XY8 Raikou also pairs very well with magnazone. With six [L] energy Raikou hits for 170, has a hard charm for an ability, and can also attach a muscle band.

I would suggest using the other magnemite that has one less retreat for each magnemite in your bench.

I would recommend 2 Raikou, just to have a non-EX attacker for Vespiquen and other non-EX decks. I'd also advise you to up the Rare Candy and maybe include a Skyla or two so you can grab one when you need it.

I would try to make this like the deluge blastoise deck, replacing archies ace in the hole with ultra ball and rare candy with Raikou. Not as quick but still works, still keep the ampharos though, it could help when you can't find the things you need. You could also use heavy balls to find magnezone easier, but it isn't necessary. Hopefully the pokemon people will release a card that helps the deck like they did with blastoise.

Last edited:
Back