future ex's

RE: Future EXs ideas

My comments :)

I prefer Magneton ex Zap Cannon being [L][L][M][M] 70 and paralyze. The effect " not being able to attack next" ressembles Hyper beam or blast burn. It could be stated: "If heads, the defending pokémon is paralyzed. If tails, this attack does nothing". exactly as it happens to GB, even the probablility is the same (50%) In this case, Zap cannon's damage should be increased to 100 and cost [L][M][C]

But I think magneton should have only one weakness. To fire or to fighting, but not to both. It has only 100 HP... :) Maybe only 1 for retreat because it is an ex.
(magneton is cool :p)

I think miltank ex has too much HP... I'd give fer 100 or 110. The second attack is really unlikely to be used (since if the pokémon is not asleep it does nothing and it is the only damaging attack miltank ex have), so, a better cost for it could be [C][C][C], one energy less. :)
Ah, this could suit better for a Snorlax ex than a Miltank ex ... because of the sleep and everything...

Dewgong ex's aurora beam should cause 20 damage instead of 30 because it does a really good effect for only 2 energy. Cold crush is powerful, a good attack :)

Kingler ex is interesting. Fighting is a good type for it. The first attack is too "expensive". The chance for you to take 4 heads is 1 in 16 atempts = 6,25%. It is easier to freeze a pokémon in the GB. Make the attack cost only [F], and add the Par effect whenever you get any heads.
(meaning: if you get heads in the first flip , then tails in the second, the attack worked exactaly as a Thunder wave attack)

Ah, I believe Second strike could be better, dealing 40 damage plus ten (instead of 30 plus ten)

Breloom ex
110 hp
grass
poke-body: Dual Armor
As long as Breloom ex has any fighting energy cards attached to it, Breloom ex's type is grass and fighting.
GGC Mystery Powder 20
Choose a special condition besides paralysis. The defending pokemon is now affected by that special condition.
CCCC Sky Uppercut 50+
If Breloom ex has any fighting energy attached to it, this attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage for each fighting energy attached to Breloom ex but not to pay for this attacks energy cost. (You can't add more than 80 damage in this way.) If Breloom ex has at least 3 fighting energy attached to it, don't apply resistance for this attack.
weakness:fire,psychic
resistance:none
retreat cost:2

Interesting, this pokemon is based in the RS breloom, right?

The 2 weakness are not necessary, my opinion. It can easily be killed by only one. If it had more HP, but it can't because it is a stage one pokémon and not a steelix (its non ex versions have normal amount of hp)

Jumpluff EX
130 HP(G)

Poke Body: Air Lift
Each of your active Pokemon(excluding Pokemon EX) have no Rtreat Cost.

(G) Gentle Powder 20
The defending Pokemon is now asleep.

(G)(C) Flutter and Fall 60
Jumpluff EX and the defending Pokemon are now confused.

Weakness: (R)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost:

Maybe

But who will judge?
and based on which criteria?

Before inventing one, you should think carefully about it.

(after you find the judges and the rules are decided, there might be a contest) I'll be using one of my previously posted ex
:)

or if you want my help to judge...
I know a lot about pokémon ex to compare when an attack is broken or not, so this might help... :)
( of course, i can't be the lone judge, ther has to be more than one)

GODZILLA said:
Jumpluff EX
130 HP(G)

Poke Body: Air Lift
Each of your active Pokemon(excluding Pokemon EX) have no Rtreat Cost.

(G) Gentle Powder 20
The defending Pokemon is now asleep.

(G)(C) Flutter and Fall 60
Jumpluff EX and the defending Pokemon are now confused.

Weakness: (R)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost:

Poke body too broken if it does not exclude ex pokemon

Jumpluff is better suited to have a resistance to [W], since so few Pokémon have it.

Jumpluff with a two energy attack???

That never happened. Jumpluff unique caracteristic are its one energy attacks. Second attack is not good for jumpluff

( make it only [G] causing 50 damage and the confusion effect, no resistance applyied) Broken, but , ironically, more realistic for jumpluff

RE:  Future EXs ideas

escata said:
Maybe

But who will judge?
and based on which criteria?

Before inventing one, you should think carefully about it.

(after you find the judges and the rules are decided, there might be a contest) I'll be using one of my previously posted ex
:)

or if you want my help to judge...
I know a lot about pokémon ex to compare when an attack is broken or not, so this might help... :)
( of course, i can't be the lone judge, ther has to be more than one)
I already posted the criteria. You can judge, but I don't wnat a lot of Judges. I'm also one of the judges.

They definitely should make a Dugtrio EX.

Dugtrio EX
Fighting type
90 HP

FFCC Magnitude 80
You may put 3 damage counters on Dugtrio EX. If you do, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon.

FC Dig Out
Remove up to 6 damage counters from Dugtrio EX, then switch it with one of your benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: CC

Golduck EX
HP 90-Water

Pokè-power:
Center Eye:
Once during your turn, if Golduck is your active pokemon. You may search your deck for a trainer card and put it into your hand. You can't use more than 1 Center Eye Pokè-power each turn.

Attack: [C][C] Hyper Beam 30
Flip a coin. If head, discard an energy card attached to the defending pokemon.

Attack: [W][W][C][C] Tsunami
This attack does 10 damage to all of your benched pokemon, 30 damage to the defending pokemon and 40 damage to each of your opponents benched pokemon. Put 2 damage counters on Golduck EX.

Resistance:

What do you think?

And I wonder if I could be one of the judges in your contest.

I already have two judges(Escata an myself). That EX is fine except for tsunami. Why don't you just enter the contest? You can enter this one if you want Mind Reader.

Skarmory ex
100 hp
metal
poke-body: Extra Defense
Prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage done to Skarmory ex by your opponent's pokemon ex. (This power stops working if Skarmory ex is affected by a special condition)
MM Continuous Crash 20x
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attakc does 20 damage times the number of heads.
MMCC Metal Mania 120-
Discard the top 4 cards of your deck. This attack does 120 damage minus 20 damage for each energy card discarded in this way.
weakness:none
resistance:fighting

Murkrow ex
90 hp
dark
poke-body: Dark Shield
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Murkrwo ex by your opponent's basic pokemon.
DC Night Dive 50
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.
DDCC Risky Pummel 40x
Discard 2 energy cards attached to Murkrow ex. You may discard up to 5 cards from the top of your deck. This attack does 40 damage for each card discarded in this way. Murkrow ex can't attack next turn.
weakness:lightning
retreat cost:1

Pokefan4000 said:
Skarmory ex
100 hp
metal
poke-body: Extra Defense
Prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage done to Skarmory ex by your opponent's pokemon ex. (This power stops working if Skarmory ex is affected by a special condition)
MM Continuous Crash 20x
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attakc does 20 damage times the number of heads.
MMCC Metal Mania 120-
Discard the top 4 cards of your deck. This attack does 120 damage minus 20 damage for each energy card discarded in this way.
weakness:none

Murkrow ex
90 hp
dark
poke-body: Dark Shield
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Murkrwo ex by your opponent's basic pokemon.
DC Night Dive 50
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.
DDCC Risky Pummel 40x
Discard 2 energy cards attached to Murkrow ex. You may discard up to 5 cards from the top of your deck. This attack does 40 damage for each card discarded in this way. Murkrow ex can't attack next turn.
weakness:lightning
retreat cost:1
Pretty good. Save your ideas for the contest:)

Okay. I'll save 'em, but in the meantime, I will make silly ex cards. (Sorta like the decription of the Imakuni! card from the pokemon TCG for GBC)

Imakuni!'s Pikachu ex
70 hp
lightning
poke-power: TAKE THIS SUCKAS!!!!!!
Take out a bazooka and shoot your opponent's dummy.
L Poo Fling 10
Put 5 damage counters on Imakuni!'s Pikachu ex.
LL FOOOOOOOOOD!
Ask your opponent what thier favorite food is. If they say anything that has to relate to anything from the dairy, meat, or vegetable group, poo on them. If you don't poo on them, you lose.
weakness:everything
resistance:none
retreat cost:100

This will NOT happen. Remember, this is a SILLY card.

Castform ex
100 HP (Colorless)

Poke-POWER: Tempermental Weather
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for Sunny Castform ex, Rain Casform ex, or Snow-cloud Castform ex and switch it with Castform ex. (Any cards attached to Castform ex, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the neew Pokemon.) Shuffle Castform ex back into your deck. You can't use more than 1 Tempermental Weather Poke-Power each turn.

©©© Weather Ball 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of energys attached to Castform ex

©©©© Weather Blast 100
Distibute all energys attached to Castform ex to any of your Pokemon.

WEAKNESS- (F)
RESISTANCE- none
RETREAT COST- ©©

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny Castform ex
100 HP (Fire)

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for Castform ex, Rain Casform ex, or Snow-cloud Castform ex and switch it with Sunny Castform ex. (Any cards attached to Sunny Castform ex, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the neew Pokemon.) Shuffle Sunny Castform ex back into your deck. You can't use more than 1 Tempermental Weather Poke-Power each turn.

(R)©© Sun Ball 40
The defending Pokemon is now Burned

(R)©©© Sun Blast 100
Disacard 3 energies attached to Sunny Castform ex

WEAKNESS- (W)
RESISTANCE- none
RETREAT COST- ©©

Rain Castform ex
100 HP (Colorless)

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for Castform ex, Sunny Casform ex, or Snow-cloud Castform ex and switch it with Rain Castform ex. (Any cards attached to Rain Castform ex, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the neew Pokemon.) Shuffle Rain Castform ex back into your deck. You can't use more than 1 Tempermental Weather Poke-Power each turn.

(W)©© Rain Ball 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

(W)©©© Rain Blast 80
Search your discard pile for 3 basic energies and put them in your hand.

WEAKNESS- (L)
RESISTANCE-
RETREAT COST- ©©

Snow-cloud Castform ex
100 HP (Colorless)

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for Castform ex, Sunny Casform ex, or Rain Castform ex and switch it with Snow-cloud Castform ex. (Any cards attached to Snow-cloud Castform ex, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the neew Pokemon.) Shuffle Snow-cloud Castform ex back into your deck. You can't use more than 1 Tempermental Weather Poke-Power each turn.

(W)© Snow Ball 40
The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep

(W)©©© Snow Blast 90
Discard 1 energy attached to the Defending Pokemon

WEAKNESS- (S)
RESISTANCE-
RETREAT COST- ©©

^
(W)©© Rain Ball 30
The Defending Pokemon is now Confused and Paralyzed

imposable:
1) can't be confused and paralyzed at the same time
2) unbeatable, if you're paralyzed you can't do anything, and he keeps on doing 30

RE:  future ex's

Tomokazu Komiya said:
They definitely should make a Dugtrio EX.

Dugtrio EX
Fighting type
90 HP

FFCC Magnitude 80
You may put 3 damage counters on Dugtrio EX. If you do, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon.

FC Dig Out
Remove up to 6 damage counters from Dugtrio EX, then switch it with one of your benched Pokemon.

Resistance: None

It's hp should be 120 instead. IT should have a lightning resistance .

Dig Out should have more attack cost as it removes 6 dmg counters(quite broken) and switching it with a benched pokemon(makes it broken).

Magnitude's attack cost should be (F)(F)(F)(C) instead and its retreat cost should be 3 Cs instead as it is so called a "heavy" pokemon and its second attack(Dig Out) covers its retreat cost.

Creative thinking anyways.

Brace yourself, becuase you're about to be bombarded with an array of coolness and unexpectedness from this card! Yes....the moment has come when the ultimate apocolyptic worldly card in which we will all bow down to. Yes that's right here he comes the ultimatley powerful....

Magikarp ex!

Magikarp ex 30 HP {W}
Basic Pokémon

Poké-Power: Godly Might
When you play Magikarp ex from your hand to your Bench, You may flip a coin until you get tails. Draw a prize for each 5 coins flipped in this way.

{W}{W} Godly Rage of the Sea
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon for each Damage Counter on Magikarp ex. During your opponent's next turn, If Magikarp ex would be knocked out by an effect or damage of an attack, Magikarp ex is not knocked out and it's HP becomes 10 instead.

{W}{W}{C}{C}{C} Penultimate Godly Punishment
Discard all energy attached to Magikarp ex. The Defending Pokémon is now knocked out.

W: N/A
R: N/A
RC: N/A

Feebas ex soon.

Charizardian said:
Brace yourself, becuase you're about to be bombarded with an array of coolness and unexpectedness from this card! Yes....the moment has come when the ultimate apocolyptic worldly card in which we will all bow down to. Yes that's right here he comes the ultimatley powerful....

Magikarp ex!

Magikarp ex 30 HP {W}
Basic Pokémon

Poké-Power: Godly Might
When you play Magikarp ex from your hand to your Bench, You may flip a coin until you get tails. Draw a prize for each 5 coins flipped in this way.

{W}{W} Godly Rage of the Sea
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon for each Damage Counter on Magikarp ex. During your opponent's next turn, If Magikarp ex would be knocked out by an effect or damage of an attack, Magikarp ex is not knocked out and it's HP becomes 10 instead.

{W}{W}{C}{C}{C} Penultimate Godly Punishment
Discard all energy attached to Magikarp ex. The Defending Pokémon is now knocked out.

W: N/A
R: N/A
RC: N/A

Feebas ex soon.
Finaly!!! A good Magikarp.
Godly Rage is way too broken.

How about the sea and ground ex

Kyogre  ex
100 HP [W]
[C] [C]  Ram     40
[W] [W] [W] [C] [C]  Tsunami   100
This attack does 20 damage to all bench pokemon. Flip a coin. If head Kyogre ex does 40 damage to itslf.
Weakness: [L]
Resisance:
Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Groudon ex
100 HP [F]
[C] [C] Slash  40
[F] [F] [F] [C] [C]  Earthquake 100
This attack does 20 damage to all bench pokemon. Flip a coin. If head Groudon ex does 40 damage to itslf.
Weakness: [W]
Resisance:
Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Back