• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future Expanded: Fighting Spirit Belt / Magikarp

wombocombom88

Aspiring Trainer
I think I have created the clunkiest monster in the game.

Pokémon: 17
  • 2 Spritzee XY 92
  • 2 Aromatisse XY 93
  • 1 Xerneas XY 96
  • 4 Exeggcute PLF 4
  • 4 Magikarp AOR 19
  • 4 Gyarados AOR 21
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Silver Bangle
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 4 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 1 Brigette
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Hard Charm
  • 3 Frozen City
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Fighting Spirit Belt
  • 2 Revive
  • 1 Team Magma's Secret Base
  • 2 VS Seeker
Energy: 7
  • 1 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

As you can see, this is a mashup of a Fairybox, Archie's, and Ancient Gyarados deck.

The goal is to use AAITH to summon a Gyarados, (or evolve normally), get a Magikarp on the bench as well, put fighting spirit belt on it, and use Frozen City to get damage on it, then transferring the energy to Gyarados. Ideally, you can get as much damage as possible on a single Magikarp, with just four damage counters you can give big G enough "bloodlust" to OHKO an ex, provided it has silver bangle. For additional clunkiness, I considered adding a line of Reuniclus from Black and white, to move damage from big G to the Karps.

***All criticism for how insanely clunky this deck is appreciated, PLEASE HELP ME SMOOTH IT OUT!!!!***

I am not a pro when it comes to deck building, but it helped me when I looked at the Blastoise list that won worlds in order to get my Gallade going. I suggest you look at it, substitute all the Blastoise and Keldeo for your Gyarados line, put in your stadiums and Aromatisse and rework the supporter line and maybe the items, but keep the counts similar to the original list. This should make your deck feel less clunky.
EDIT: By the way, nice idea to use Fighting Spirit Belt!

Last edited:
Back