• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [Future] Entei Flareon (Anti-Meta)

Pokemonjohn2314

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 13
3 Shaymin-EX
1 Numel
1 Team Magma's Camerupt
2 Flareon-EX
4 Entei (Ancient Trait)
2 Volcanion EX

Trainers: 35
4 Assault Vest
3 Fighting Fury Belt
4 VS Seeker
3 Professor Sycamore
1 Muscle Band
3 Blacksmith
4 Ultra Ball
4 Fiery Torch
2 Scorched Earth
3 Float Stone
2 Battle Compressor
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Lysandre
1 Delinquent
1 Xerosic

Energy: 10

10 Fire Energy

Matchups:
I've been thinking about anti-meta decks for worlds and this is the best one I've come up with because it beats Night March, VespiPlume, Darkrai Giratina, And Genesect Bronzong but it struggles with Aqua Box and can get destroyed by Greninja

Strategy:
Power up Entei against decks with either low hp Pokemon such as Night march and against with a fire weakness such as Vespiqueen and Genesect. You want to attach Poketools differently depending on the matchup. Against decks that run special energy you want to stack Assualt Vests and aginst decks that run basic energy you Want to stack FFBs. This deck thrives in matchups where lots of special energy are present. Against Decks where you cant one shot with Entei you have Flareon as a secondary attacker and with the 1-1 Camerupt you should be getting an energy on Flareon almost every turn after your second turn unless Numel or Camerupt are prized.

Last edited:
Find room for a xerosic. If the garbo/tina/darkrai deck is popular at worlds that could win you games alone. Also can mildly annoy a lot of DCE reliant decks. Make them dig for another one when they would prefer to be doing something else with their turn. Also if you plan on using Flareon at all then a Malamar EX could be a useful tech, useful if you prize one part of your Numel line which will happen occasionally. If you play a single copy of a card it has a 1/10 chance of getting prized among your six prizes right? (slightly less perhaps because of the seven you draw before you put prizes out), so you have about a 1/5 chance one of your two TM camerupt line is prized. Not the most reliable tbh. But i think it will pay off more often than not.

Also N and delinquent, I know you don't wanna weigh down with supporters, but both of them can flat out steal games from nowhere. A lot of the time you can compress them away then just leave them there as a safety net. If you have delinquent in your discard pile any good player will feel like he has no option but to keep four cards in his hand, one being a draw card at all times.

Last edited:
Find room for a xerosic. If the garbo/tina/darkrai deck is popular at worlds that could win you games alone. Also can mildly annoy a lot of DCE reliant decks. Make them dig for another one when they would prefer to be doing something else with their turn. Also if you plan on using Flareon at all then a Malamar EX could be a useful tech, useful if you prize one part of your Numel line which will happen occasionally. If you play a single copy of a card it has a 1/10 chance of getting prized among your six prizes right? (slightly less perhaps because of the seven you draw before you put prizes out), so you have about a 1/5 chance one of your two TM camerupt line is prized. Not the most reliable tbh. But i think it will pay off more often than not.

Also N and delinquent, I know you don't wanna weigh down with supporters, but both of them can flat out steal games from nowhere. A lot of the time you can compress them away then just leave them there as a safety net. If you have delinquent in your discard pile any good player will feel like he has no option but to keep four cards in his hand, one being a draw card at all times.
I really like the Delinquent and Xerosic but i'm not sure on the N because there is so much draw support in fiery torch and scorched earth and the camperupt isnt really a key part of the deck

Wouldn't Charizard EX Be legal because of the Generations Box Promo? Kinda like how N was. Why don't you use that instead of Flareon-EX.

Pokemon: 13
3 Shaymin-EX
1 Numel
1 Team Magma's Camerupt
2 Flareon-EX
4 Entei (Ancient Trait)
2 Volcanion EX

Trainers: 35
4 Assault Vest
3 Fighting Fury Belt
4 VS Seeker
3 Professor Sycamore
1 Muscle Band
3 Blacksmith
4 Ultra Ball
4 Fiery Torch
2 Scorched Earth
3 Float Stone
2 Battle Compressor
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Lysandre
1 Delinquent
1 Xerosic

Energy: 10

10 Fire Energy

Matchups:
I've been thinking about anti-meta decks for worlds and this is the best one I've come up with because it beats Night March, VespiPlume, Darkrai Giratina, And Genesect Bronzong but it struggles with Aqua Box and can get destroyed by Greninja

Strategy:
Power up Entei against decks with either low hp Pokemon such as Night march and against with a fire weakness such as Vespiqueen and Genesect. You want to attach Poketools differently depending on the matchup. Against decks that run special energy you want to stack Assualt Vests and aginst decks that run basic energy you Want to stack FFBs. This deck thrives in matchups where lots of special energy are present. Against Decks where you cant one shot with Entei you have Flareon as a secondary attacker and with the 1-1 Camerupt you should be getting an energy on Flareon almost every turn after your second turn unless Numel or Camerupt are prized.

In the future, after rotation, new standard (as of now) will not have:
-Blacksmith
-Xerosic
-Fiery Torch
-Muscle Band
-Battle Compressor

So it's not good for the future of expanded really. Water toolbox is popular and Frogs are going to be more popular than they are now.

I'm not so sure that it's a great anti-meta deck. It really all depends on your age division I guess.

IMO (for the deck right now):
-4 Fiery Torch
-2 Sycamore
-4 Assault Vest
-1 Float Stone
-2 Flareon EX
-1 Numel
-1 Team Magma's Camerupt
-2 Flareon-EX

+3 Muscle Band
+1 Blacksmith
+2 Scorched Earth
+1 Lysandre
+2 Charizard EX (Wing Attack)
+1 N
+3 Fire Energy
+4 DCE 17

I think you are almost playing an entei charizard deck here. I think water box will be very popular since it beat vespiquen vileplume in top 8.

As for the list, I would strip out the flareon ex and team magma for charizard ex. Volcanion ex also requires float stone to function in a meta of Lysandre stall.

Back