• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format [Future] Budget Lock (Regice/Glaceon-EX/Garbodor)

Swag-pert

Subscribe to Thoughtful Swampert
After Rotation (PRC-on)

Pokemon- 13

4 Regice AOR
3 Glaceon EX BKP
3 Trubbish Gen
3 Garbodor Gen

Trainers- 37
2 Prof Sycamore
2 Shauna
4 N
2 Lysandre
1 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dive Balls
2 VS Seeker
3 Trainer's Mail
4 Rough Seas
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Fighting Fury Belts
2 Max Elixer
3 Float Stones

Energy- 10
4 Double Colorless
6 Water Energy

This is meant to be a budget miniature lock deck. Regice blocks EX's, Glaceon EX blocks Evolved, and Garbodor blocks abilities (obviously).

Most decks that will survive post rotation will be a lot of Greninja, Some Yveltal EX, and assorted variants of Giratina EX, Darkrai EX, and maybe some Zygarde EX/Carbink combos.

Greninja will be blocked by Glaceon EX and Giant water Shurikan will be blocked by Garbodor.

The lot of EX decks will be blocked decently by Regice.

The only real big problem I foresee is YZG because it has an array of possible attackers so it will be tough to get an effective lock in place.

Any help would be just swell, whether its changing a card or telling me that the deck is rubbish and should be tossed out the window.

Cheers!

Hey hows it going, how would you get back from a full charged OHKO from your opponent if they run Pokemon Ranger from the expansion Steam Siege?

Glaceon-EX is from Fates Collide and Trubbish and Garbodor are from Breakpoint. Just pointing that out.=p

4 N is a lot for any deck, and I would remove two for another Professor Sycamore and another Fighting Fury Belt.

Hope this helped!

I agree with @chacks13 that Pokemon Ranger would shut this deck down completely. You need to find a way to defeat it.
Let's be honest with ourselves here. The time of 1-of tech supporters in our decks is beyond limited with the loss of battle compressor. Now, if you're working in a supporter, it's got to be something that is a 2-of, at minimum for consistency, and needs to be relevant enough to warrant that much space. Pokemon ranger shuts down a whole like two things. It's not going to be used in any competitive decks. You'll see it used online for about a week, then people will write it off, and you won't run into it in a tournament.

Tbh, we don't know how consistency will be in playing your one-of supporters until people have tested it. VS Seeker is still a thing which allows you to still discard supporters early with Ultra Ball or Sycamore and grab them back. Also, this deck would still die vs Pokemon Ranger as the whole concept seems to rely so heavily on its lock that it can't afford the lock to be broken. When I played waterbox, I found that you had to rely on opponents to not KO your Pokemon so quickly you didn't had a backup attacker. If this happened, you were very likely to lose the game. This seems like it would be this fragile too. One of the main reasons that Vileplume was run with lockers like these was because the opponents set up would be ruined, allowing you to set up multiple lockers and maintain control of the game. Vileplume is a much better partner for this deck than Garbodor IMO

Tbh, we don't know how consistency will be in playing your one-of supporters until people have tested it. VS Seeker is still a thing which allows you to still discard supporters early with Ultra Ball or Sycamore and grab them back. Also, this deck would still die vs Pokemon Ranger as the whole concept seems to rely so heavily on its lock that it can't afford the lock to be broken. When I played waterbox, I found that you had to rely on opponents to not KO your Pokemon so quickly you didn't had a backup attacker. If this happened, you were very likely to lose the game. This seems like it would be this fragile too. One of the main reasons that Vileplume was run with lockers like these was because the opponents set up would be ruined, allowing you to set up multiple lockers and maintain control of the game. Vileplume is a much better partner for this deck than Garbodor IMO
You're not wrong about vileplume being a good partner, but it depends on what you want to do with the deck. If you're expecting a lot of greninja, play the garbodor. Otherwise, the vileplume partner is stronger.

@OmnomOrNah I believe that Pokemon Ranger deserves to be played, and will be played as at least a 2-of in many decks, as it can stop cards such as Giratina, Jolteon, Glaceon, Regice, and many more cards yet to come.

@OmnomOrNah I believe that Pokemon Ranger deserves to be played, and will be played as at least a 2-of in many decks, as it can stop cards such as Giratina, Jolteon, Glaceon, Regice, and many more cards yet to come.
Deserving to be played is totally relative to the meta at hand. I can't see much of the last three sticking around. Giratina will probably be around for a bit though, and may be worth teching for. But it'll have to be seen.

Two lysandre + Two Pokemon Ranges = A lot of dead of drawing and the perfect play for a frustrated trainer.

I would try and squeeze in 4 puzzles of times. In the next meta, Puzzle of time and unown will be bigger players. Puzzle Time not only pulls from the discard but sets you up for the next turn. In conjunction with unown you will be able to pull from the top of the deck at times when they are needed. It is a poor mans way of BC to VS, but it's all about the next move, not the current move.

I would also stick in a Wally for skyla, being able to first turn ability lock is nasty. I run this deck now, and people usually just quit if I pull it off. Once it goes into the next format, puzzle of time will replace BC in a lot of decks. Enhanced hammers will not be as nasty because of special energy retrievals and other pokemon. You might get a turn, but it won't be like the old days where they don't have a counter for it. Eventually, they will they will setup and be able to counter efficiently. I would douse the enhanced hammers for 2 more Max Elixirs. I would then take away 4 pokemon and supplement the deck with 4 puzzle of time. Roughs seas, because of trev., will not be as useful. I would supplement in a Parallel City, and the new stadium card that protects from special conditions. After all that, I would take out the 4 dive balls out and sneak in 4 unown to speed the deck up. If you want to be really nasty, you can sneak in one Wabufett and 3 unown. Wabufutt starts are bemusing.

Though Garbador shuts down the unown and Wabufetts ability, it will be up to the player to time it. It's a bit of thinking deck, but nothing to outrageous.

Back