'Furious Fists' Theme Decks to Feature Pangoro and Sylveon [5/14]

With Pangoro confirmed, the following are on notice to get a card in Furious Fists:
Clawitzer
Klefki
Zygarde

You're next!!

This set is actually turning out to be pretty exciting for me so far. I'm not a big fan of Lucario so I wasn't appealed at the set at first but the cards getting revealed so far makes me happy.

I'm guessing one of the other EX from this set is going to be Poliwrath, that would be so cool.

If you look real close at the Pangoro, you can tell it's Dark type. I would've thought in the Fighting-themed set it would've been Fighting type. It's not like Dark is more synonymous with Pangoro than Fighting (e.g. Charizard, Fire/Flying), at least I think so. I'm surprised they held off Pangoro for so long, considering he's a fan favorite from Gen 6.

Hopefully, that Sylveon is better than the first one we got. We might even get the other Eeveelutions in this set, which will probably add on to the already great Eeveelutions we have.

Machamp The Champion said:
Hopefully, that Sylveon is better than the first one we got. We might even get the other Eeveelutions in this set, which will probably add on to the already great Eeveelutions we have.

That first attack on Sylveon is Curly Ribbon(s?). I'm not sure if that has a lot of potential or no potential...
If they're introducing Sylveon as a card in the set, they'd have to bring in Eevee. And an Eevee for just one evolution sounds ridiculous, even if the Eevee is a reprint!

I wonder what the energy combinations are going to be?

Dark/Grass
Fairy/Metal?

Just guessin, since Grass and Metal haven't been used since Kalos Starter Set, while the other ones have been used in XY and XY Flashfire.

signofzeta said:

Dark/Grass
Fairy/Metal?

Just guessin, since Grass and Metal haven't been used since Kalos Starter Set, while the other ones have been used in XY and XY Flashfire.

I'm sure at least 1 of them will be Fighting type. Probably the Pangoro one, since it's also Fighting. They might both be Fighting, but only 1 deck in Flashfire had fire types in them, so I'd guess it's just the Pangoro one.

signofzeta said:

Dark/Grass
Fairy/Metal?

I'm sure at least 1 of them will be Fighting type. Probably the Pangoro one, since it's also Fighting. They might both be Fighting, but only 1 deck in Flashfire had fire types in them, so I'd guess it's just the Pangoro one.

Noooo not black and brown again. TPCi should really put more variety in different energy combinations rather than using the same 2 type combos so soon.

signofzeta said:

Noooo not black and brown again. TPCi should really put more variety in different energy combinations rather than using the same 2 type combos so soon.

That's a good point. Maybe it'll be the Sylveon one, then. Who knows at this point? They really should've just made the Yveltal deck a different type in the first place.

I just hope the Sylveon deck comes with some other Eeveelutions, since it's quite obvious at this point that they'll be in Furious Fists. Jolteon, my doge, you are awesome.

It would be so funny if the sylveon was all energies and contained every eeveelution, but we all know that TPCi only does 2 energy decks nowadays. The last time they did 3 was in HS unleashed (dragon and colorless types don't count). The last time they did 1 energy was in EX crystal guardians.

Does anyone remember the Mind machine theme deck in the Skyridge set, and how it contained, at the time, all 6 energies? Guess what the other theme deck was called? Eeveelution.

That was then, this is now. I think it might be a rule now that theme decks must only have 2 energy types.

Technically there is a way around it, though I doubt it would happen. Make all the Eevee evolutions have colorless required attacks, then it wouldn't matter. Aside from the fact only four Eevees can be in a deck and there are eight different ones. If only the Arceus rule they used for Arceus applied to Eevee.

Pikachu6319 said:
Technically there is a way around it, though I doubt it would happen. Make all the Eevee evolutions have colorless required attacks, then it wouldn't matter. Aside from the fact only four Eevees can be in a deck and there are eight different ones. If only the Arceus rule they used for Arceus applied to Eevee.

Evolve your 4 eevees, kill off your 4 eeveelutions, revive your eevees, evolve them to the remaining 4 eeveelutions, revive your eeveelutions in your discard pile.

There are item cards that revive your basic and evolved pokemon and put them in the field right? I hope there is a trainer card that extends bench space, because this strategy needs all the bench space you can get haha.

Even if that strategy doesn't work, it would be sort of like a toolbox type deck, where you don't have to use all 8 at once.

Back