Furfrou

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
One of the X and Y cards that caught my interest, but isn't getting much discussion is Furfrou. At first glance, it seems like one of those filler cards, but it actually had quite a bit going for it. It's basic, colorless, has a nice defensive ability, can be searched by level ball, and has a pretty decent attack for the cost (the energy removal is especially nice).

I've actually tested this card in a couple of decks on playtcg. It came into play in a very weird match with my Ho Oh deck against a very annoying, but effective Cincinno deck. I brought it out after retreating my damaged Ho Oh (opponent had 2 prizes left) and hit it with energy cut. Opponent flipped heads on smooth coat, but I flipped heads for the removal, removing the DCE. Opponent attached another DCE and attacked for 100, but the ability came into play letting Furfrou survive with 10hp left. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the match because my opponent had to leave, but it was interesting none the less, so take that as you will.

Back