• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fun Control Deck (Deck for Thought) Slaking/Garbodor

terrynum1

Aspiring Trainer
In the upcoming format there are a lot of decks based on abilities. If one shuts down these decks abilities the decks fall apart.

This is a fun control deck for the upcoming meta.

3 Terrakion EX
3 Slakoth (DE)
2 Vigoroth (DE)
3 Slaking (DE)
3 Garbodor
3 Trubbish (NV)

4 N
4 Professor Juniper
3 Bianca

2 Heavy Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Big Cloak
2 Exp. Share
1 Rescue Scarf
3 Max Potion
2 Switch
3 Rare Candy
1 Energy Retrieval

4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Fighting Energy

Garbodor (DE)
Dust Toxin
As long as this Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool attached, all Abilities from Pokémon in either player's hand, on the field, or in the discard pile (other than Dust Toxin) stop working.

{P}{P}{C} Sludge Toss 60

Slaking (DE)
Sketchy
If the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, this Pokémon can't attack.

{C}{C}{C}{C} Crushing Blow 100
Discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokémon.

I agree Garbodor's Dust Toxin is going to be game changing! The only problem I see with this deck is it would take to long to setup. Taking turn by turn to attach energy would be risky. Turn 2 Garbodor/tool + Slaking + two DCE is going to be hard to setup. All though you would be shutting down Dark Cloak, Dynomotor, and Flight Song as long as you have a tool attached. Maybe you could add Rocky Helmet and take out some of the other tools.

-1 Catcher
-2 Giant Cape
-3 Max Potion
-1 Energy Retreival

+2 Rocky Helmet
+2 Heavy Ball
+1 Switch
+2 Poke Communication

pkolaboy said:
I agree Garbodor's Dust Toxin is going to be game changing! The only problem I see with this deck is it would take to long to setup. Taking turn by turn to attach energy would be risky. Turn 2 Garbodor/tool + Slaking + two DCE is going to be hard to setup. All though you would be shutting down Dark Cloak, Dynomotor, and Flight Song as long as you have a tool attached. Maybe you could add Rocky Helmet and take out some of the other tools.

-1 Catcher
-2 Giant Cape
-3 Max Potion
-1 Energy Retrieval

+2 Rocky Helmet
+2 Heavy Ball
+1 Switch
+2 Poke Communication

The key to this deck is to not allow your opponent to catcher and ko a Garbodor or Slaking. Rocky Helmet does not do anything to prevent one of the two from being ko. Max Potion is also in the deck to help the EX Pokemon stall for time. Nice recommendations.

Back