• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Full Tilt Latios (M Latios EX / Altaria)

brinkx69

Training to be a trainer...
First let me give props to Givol as this deck is based on his deck “High Skies (Latios/Altaria)”. I call my deck “Full Tilt Latios”.

This is my first thread creation on PokeBeach and I am a fairly new user, so go easy on me :). Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated…

Pokemon: (17)
  • 2 Latios EX (ROS)
  • 2 Latios EX (PLF)
  • 3 M Latios EX (ROS)
  • 3 Swablu (ROS)
  • 3 Altaria (DRX)
  • 2 Hydreigon EX (ROS)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (31)
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre

• 3 Sky Field
  • 1 Silent Lab

• 1 Computer Search (ACE Spec)
  • 2 Latios Spirit Link
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 1 Switch
Energy: (12)
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

The idea here is to get going as quickly as possible (though be careful not to draw out :)) and as long as I get one of the two types of Latios EX cards up as Active and one DDE, I am attacking right away (I can even attack sometimes if I go first and get Latios EX (ROS) using the “Fast Raid” attack … even if I only get one Psychic energy). Shaymin EX is for helping get set up quickly and Hydreigon EX is for free retreat (even though Mega Latios EX has no retreat cost and thus has no need). Plus Hydreigon EX’s “Shred” attack is a backup for addressing “EX counter” Pokemon (Suicune, Sigilyph, etc.). Like Givol said, M Latios EX snipes wonderfully off the bench, Pokemon such as Mew EX, Shaymin EX, Jirachi EX, Celebi EX, etc. (120 HP or lower) and many times this is how I am able to survive a battle against a “Night March” deck.

I am only using a 3-3 line of Altaria/Swablu for Altaria’s “Fight Song” ability to assist my Latios EX cards in getting into the OHK range against basic EX cards; 180 using M Latios EX’s “Sonic Ace” and 170 for Latios EX’s (ROS) “Light Pulse” attacks (and with everything falling into place I can even get up to 210 with Latios EX’s (PLF) “Luster Purge” attack at the cost of all three energy… many times a final attack for the win). I was originally running a 4-4 line of Altaria/Swablu, but dropped it down to 3-3 to get Hydreigon EX and Shaymin EX squeezed in. The reason I use 2 Hydreigon EX is because sometimes I lose one with Acro Bike.

This deck is pretty susceptible to Fairy type decks, but at least Latios EX’s (PLF) weakness is to Dragon type Pokemon, as is Altaria in a worse-case scenario.

I use Sky Field stadium to squeeze in Shaymin EX and Hydreigon EX on my bench, as well as to counter other stadium cards. I fully expect to lose Shaymin when my stadium gets countered, which is fine with me since I don’t have any “Scoop” cards.

I am never a big fan of playing split stadium cards, but the reason I carry 1 Silent Lab stadium is in a vain attempt to combat Suicune and Sigilyph (Safeguard ability), with the hope that I will be able to play another Sky Field as soon as possible since Silent lab shuts down both Shaymin EX (“Setup) and Hydreigon EX’s (“Dragon Road”) abilities. Keep in mind I would only be playing Silent Lab on the same turn that I attempt to take out those cards though. To combat Pyroar (Intimidating Mane ability), Mega Latios EX works quite nicely. I do realize that Hydreigon EX’s “Shred” attack will also combat these cards, but if I can avoid wasting a DDE on Hydreigon, it is preferred since I will be discarding energy with the attacks “Sonic Ace” and “Luster Purge”. But “Shred” is there as a fail-safe if Silent Lab gets prized or discarded.

I have only been playing this deck for 2 days, but play testing seems to be going ok. I did win the first tournament I used it in though (Pokemon TCG Online), so that is reassuring. I am sure adjustments will need to be made and I have a feeling “Silent Lab” is going to be the first to go to add another Mega Turbo trainer. Thanks for looking and again, any and all suggestions are welcome!

EDIT: I did a little research and Givol has the Altaria listed as (BCR - Boundries Crossed) in his deck list, but I am pretty confident now that it is actually from (DRX - Dragons Exalted). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT 2: I changed from 4 Professor Juniper and 1 N to 3 Professor Juniper and 2 N because I was losing many of my cards early game because I was only drawing Professor Juniper... plus more chance of disruption to my opponent... I will see how this goes.

Last edited:
upload_2015-6-27_23-59-23.png

This is my version. I use less of M Latios EX sniping and more fast raid to attack quickly. I did add the Hypnotoxic laser and Virbank Gym to add damage output. I use the sky field as you do but wanted to make sure i could consitantly get rid of it to discard the Shaymin EX. I'm winning about 70% online and Hydreigon is definatly a dark horse as no one sees it coming when they play Safeguard. do you have a link to where you got your build? i'd love to look at it

I can't even believe I am responding to your reply as I am an Eagles fan... and you are a Cowgirls fan! Just kidding and playing around :). Thanks much for your reply!

Here is the link to Givol's original deck, which is the one I based mine off of:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/high-skies-latios-altaria.123808/#post-2718835

I am definitely intrigued by the Hypnotoxic/Virbank addition, especially because then you can counter your own stadium so that the Shaymins don't get picked off by Lysandre for a cheap 2 prize cards.

How come you play 4 Winonas, as they are only getting you the Swablu and Shaymin (6 Pokémon total) from your deck? Is this so you are guaranteed to get them early in the game?

Also I guess you are relying on your Ultra Balls to get your Altaria evolve instead of Evosoda? Do you ever find that only playing a 3-3 line of Swablu/Altaria is a problem? I've had a few times where I have had to lose at least one Altaria because I needed to play Professor Juniper (Sycamore), but I still can't bring myself to up it to a 4-4 line.

Lastly, not playing any water energy is never a problem for you? I guess because I use Latios EX (PLF) too, it sometimes comes into play for me.

Thanks again for the feedback!

I should probably cut the Winona's down but that is all they are used for. The 3-3 line of altaria is never a problem as typically I only ever get two out any ways. I'm thinking of adding in a sacred ash just because I have had games I had to discard altaria maybe take out two Winona for Wally or evosoda

Back