Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Sucks that Dark Sylveon is psychic type but I'm guessing that's because it's tournament legal
I think there's a good chance none of the promos are going to be tournament legal. The only reason I say that is because "Prime" isn't really a mechanic per sé. Because of that, there isn't a real reason why Dragapult would be banned from tournament play outside of "just because." Play-wise, there is no functional difference between a Dragapult Prime and any other Dragapult.

Granted, since Dark Sylveon V and Lance's Charizard V are V's... maybe that will allow them to skirt by? Odd since "Dark" and "Trainer's" pokémon ARE old mechanics not present in the current run of the TCG... Would they ban Light Toxtricity but keep Dark Sylveon V? It's weird.
I'd wager that it's because those cards were designed with the format in mind. Honestly, you get a cards like Imakuni?'s Doduo that are never legal for tournament play, and exist only for aesthetic purposes, even if they would see no use and wouldn't affect the metagame.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Sucks that Dark Sylveon is psychic type but I'm guessing that's because it's tournament legal

I'd wager that it's because those cards were designed with the format in mind. Honestly, you get a cards like Imakuni?'s Doduo that are never legal for tournament play, and exist only for aesthetic purposes, even if they would see no use and wouldn't affect the metagame.
Imakuni?’s Doduo is illegal because the wording legally compels you to yeet it across the room/building, making it a projectile by nature and highly dangerous to your fellow players. Also because its wording compels you to sing any song (from “Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do” to “the song that never ends”) before you do damage, but the game continues while you sing the song, so you can force your opponent to either wait until you finish singing (or die of suffocation) and possibly use from running out of time, or else proceed with their turn only for you to knock out the Pokémon that they just spent the last turn accelerating Energy to, rendering their entire turn null and void. In short, Imakuni?’s Doduo is the ultimate Control engine and was destined to be banned.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Imakuni?’s Doduo is illegal because the wording legally compels you to yeet it across the room/building, making it a projectile by nature and highly dangerous to your fellow players. Also because its wording compels you to sing any song (from “Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do” to “the song that never ends”) before you do damage, but the game continues while you sing the song, so you can force your opponent to either wait until you finish singing (or die of suffocation) and possibly use from running out of time, or else proceed with their turn only for you to knock out the Pokémon that they just spent the last turn accelerating Energy to, rendering their entire turn null and void. In short, Imakuni?’s Doduo is the ultimate Control engine and was destined to be banned.
This is what errata is for.