Discussion Full Art Ultra Ball Price

As far as I've been alerted, the current cost is about $100 USD. However, it's very possible that I'm inaccurate, and I'm near positive it'll go up again. For comparison, as far as I've heard, the SR Ultra Ball from PLF is about $250 USD (which, again, I could also be wrong on), so if that was merely a Secret Rare, a Full Art Secret Rare is definitely going to be worth more than that.

My poor Canadian wallet...

I hear its about 100 bucks as well. I don't understand this for the life of me considering the many reprints ultra ball has gotten so from this point on, I'm going to value all of my highly competitive SR cards for the same price because this is ridiculous.

As far as I've been alerted, the current cost is about $100 USD. However, it's very possible that I'm inaccurate, and I'm near positive it'll go up again. For comparison, as far as I've heard, the SR Ultra Ball from PLF is about $250 USD (which, again, I could also be wrong on), so if that was merely a Secret Rare, a Full Art Secret Rare is definitely going to be worth more than that.

My poor Canadian wallet...

I hear its about 100 bucks as well. I don't understand this for the life of me considering the many reprints ultra ball has gotten so from this point on, I'm going to value all of my highly competitive SR cards for the same price because this is ridiculous.

That's what I'm seeing as well, but these are simply from ones pulled at prereleases. When the set's released, The price might go down depending on case ratios.

And PLF's Ultra dropped from that $250 price range, it's now around $100-$130 with some going into the $140 range.

I hope it will drop.

When a set is released all prices will drop in the weeks / months after its release. You see it with every set. Full Arts go from 30 dollar tot 10. Only the most playable cards will increase after the initial price drop.

There is no 'hope it will drop'. It WILL drop.

The hype machine is in full effect here.

Once the set has been out for a bit, I imagine the Ultra Ball will go for around $40

What I believe is that with the Plasma version lowering to around 100$ from its 180-200$ worth means that the new full art secret rare will take the place of its predecessor and will hold at the 180-200$ value, if this is not immediate; I am certain that several sets down the line it will reach that amount, perhaps more.
But these are just my thoughts on the subject u.u

I want to say it will drop but there is one thing people are forgetting. This Ultra Ball is a secret rare cards as well and there are 14 in total in the set. I feel if the card was just a normal full art then it would drop since you could realistically get it but chances are it will be 1 in every 2 or so cases to maybe get one.

That's what I'm seeing as well, but these are simply from ones pulled at prereleases. When the set's released, The price might go down depending on case ratios.

And PLF's Ultra dropped from that $250 price range, it's now around $100-$130 with some going into the $140 range.
That's good to hear, though it's probably due to the new SR Ultra Ball.

Only the most playable cards will increase after the initial price drop.
Here's the problem––Ultra Ball is a staple in every single deck. You need them in order to play with any sort of chance competitively. Using your logic, Ultra Ball won't actually drop, but rather increase.
There is no 'hope it will drop'. It WILL drop.

The hype machine is in full effect here.

Once the set has been out for a bit, I imagine the Ultra Ball will go for around $40
I don't quite understand this post. Did you think the same thing with the first SR Ultra Ball when it came out? I personally don't see any reason for it to drop whatsoever.

I want to say it will drop but there is one thing people are forgetting. This Ultra Ball is a secret rare cards as well and there are 14 in total in the set. I feel if the card was just a normal full art then it would drop since you could realistically get it but chances are it will be 1 in every 2 or so cases to maybe get one.
1 in 2 cases? Way too early to predict that. Pull rates that difficult haven't been present since PHF's Silver Dialga. Unless you're erroneously replacing booster 'case' (6 booster boxes) with booster 'box' (single box)

1 in 2 cases? Way too early to predict that. Pull rates that difficult haven't been present since PHF's Silver Dialga. Unless you're erroneously replacing booster 'case' (6 booster boxes) with booster 'box' (single box)
Agreed, another thing to remember is that prerelease boxes (the booster boxes you get your post-match packs from, not the boxes you get at the start of the event) have weird pull rates.

The Ultra Ball will probably be at around $100. Sun and Moon is guaranteed to be a way more popular set than the later Black and White sets. This means more packs/promo boxes/booster boxes will be bought, which will result in more SR Ultra Balls floating around, which will result in an outrageous, but not PLF outrageous price.

It is hard to say but I judge a single prerelease and we gave away 2.5 boxes at the end for the 3 packs given to the players after the event and all the packs were opened (during the third round) and the only SRs pulled were the Ultra Ball and Ghost Rare Solgaleo, not including the many Full Arts pulled. In the two and a half boxes I personally handed out, only two SR cards (any) were pulled so maybe they could be one per box but they are pretty hard to get, considering there are 14 of them in the base set.

The Ultra Ball will probably be at around $100. Sun and Moon is guaranteed to be a way more popular set than the later Black and White sets. This means more packs/promo boxes/booster boxes will be bought, which will result in more SR Ultra Balls floating around, which will result in an outrageous, but not PLF outrageous price.

I don't know why its this expensive period. Ultra Ball has had a reprint in like every other set. It's not like Pokemon Catcher, which was a short print uncommon that saw a reprint as a SR card and then as a player reward that like only 10 players got before getting a proper reprint, Ultra Ball is in like every product you buy so you think it would still be a cheap card to get, like 25 bucks at most like VS Seeker or any other meta full art.

Agreed, another thing to remember is that prerelease boxes (the booster boxes you get your post-match packs from, not the boxes you get at the start of the event) have weird pull rates.

These were from the booster box at the end of the event. I personally handed out almost three boxes in which two SR cards (Ultra Ball and Solgaleo-GX) were pulled.

Last edited:
The price will fall quite a bit to about the 50ish dollar range, ive already bought two at 70$ CAD each. They seemed to have increased pull rates as at our pre release we had 3 SR Ultra balls pulled, I bought the other two off the other two fine gentleman. I just need 1 more to complete my set and ill probably just buy it when the hype drops and they go down to the 50$ range. You can even pick them up off of ebay for like 80$ now, its only gonna fall more when they set drops and people start opening a lot of product

I don't quite understand this post. Did you think the same thing with the first SR Ultra Ball when it came out? I personally don't see any reason for it to drop whatsoever.

I wasn't around for the first SR Ultra Ball print. I know that whenever a new set get released, the hype surrounding it will inflate the prices of major cards of that new set. It always takes a few weeks for the balloon to deflate before we start seeing reasonable prices for one

As for the first print SR Ultra Ball. I have no doubt that it'll take a dip in secondary value. I'm guessing around a 20% dip.

Ahh, okay, that makes a bit more sense to your post.

What you've stated about inflation is in fact true, as I've seen many popular cards go for much higher at launch than they did a few weeks later. I can't remember if any staples followed this pattern; however, upon launch, Shaymin was a lot lower than it is today if I remember correctly. I expect the same to happen with FA SR Ultra Ball.

There's very little doubt that the first SR Ultra Ball is going to drop. Granted, it likely won't be by much—I'd say 20% is actually being a bit generous—but it'll be the easier print to get ahold of.

The price of the ultra ball will drop harder than my will to continue to play pokemon. Just Kidding.

I think it'll go up when it goes out of print and while it's in print will remain $100 and the pull rates like all SRs appear to be 1 in 3 boxes, there are 14 SR/HRs making the ratios 1 in 42 boxes, 7 cases or 1 in 1512 packs :p Also, the reason SR UBs are so expensive is because 1. Every deck run 3-4 copies and 2. it's a good investment as UB has never rotated out since it's first appearance in DEX...

Basically: Buy them while you still can ;)

Back