Help Full Art Cards

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
Some cards are clearly full art (and/or say as much on TCGPlayer) while others are clearly not full art (i.e. have a white text box with no art in it). There are some others cards for which the text box isn't white, but what's in the text box is more of a background pattern rather than part of the Pokemon, for example this version of Keldeo EX from Boundaries Crossed:

86436.jpg

Given that's there's a full art version of the card in the expansion (#142), I guess it's safe to say that this card is NOT full art. So would the technical definition of a full art card be one where you can see part of the Pokemon itself in the text box area?

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
A full art will have texture. Although note that VMaxes have texture, but are not full arts.

An easy way to remember what full arts are is that they are ultra rare cards that come after the standard trainers (or special energy if applicable), but are within the set number.

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
A full art will have texture. Although note that VMaxes have texture, but are not full arts.

An easy way to remember what full arts are is that they are ultra rare cards that come after the standard trainers (or special energy if applicable), but are within the set number.
Very helpful, thank you. Not sure if you're familiar with TCGPlayer, but would that be another good indicator (i.e. if the word Full Art is written in the card title)?

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
Rainbow Rare and Secret Gold cards are referred to as "Secret" or "Secret Rare" and not Full Art (even though they have a texture and by that definition are Full Art). Would it be correct to say that "Secret" cards are a "subtype" of Full Art?

Last edited: