Collecting Full 1st Edition 1-250 WotC Pokémon Collection

joskewarez

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone. My name is Joskewarez and I used to a huge collector of pokemon cards when they were being published by wizards of the coast. The concept of gathering first edition, extra rare cards was always a great thrill for me. So a few years back, I got very nostalgic and decided to start working a a mint first edition collection. I took 2 years of searching, trading and buying, but I am pretty happy with the result. Since I was having such a blast reliving parts of my childhood while collecting them, I decided to share the joy with the rest of the pokemon community. In case you guys were wondering about the condition of the cards, I've always been extremely picky about the condition of my cards, any flaw and they got thrown out. I sent quite a few cards to professional card authenticator services and the lowest rating I got back was near mint. So I think it would be safe to assume my whole collection is in a PSA 7+. I always tried to find the rarest version of the card, every card that can be holo, will be. I've sorted them according to pokedex number for you guys, makes for the best view in my opinion.. U may see a few 'placeholder' cards to replace the gap created by the cards i had rated, those are often less valuable versions, but adding some placeholder cards made the viewing experience alot more continuous. Without further ado here is my collection: http://imgur.com/a/jsMo5. Hope you guys enjoy and I am curiously awaiting your opinions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! This collection stands out to me due to every card being in such good condition. It's definitely cool to see all of them in a binder like that! But if I may ask one question, why are some seemingly random commons PSA graded over more valuable holos? Am I missing something?

Back