Frustrating Onions - The RMT

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
gamercal said:
I thank the two of you (TFO and AEX) for your input to further rest my case.

You are certainly welcomed. Anyhow, back to the team, although not necessary, have you tried replacing Uxie with Mesprit as an alternative? Mesprit can't reach your desired speed of 263 for Uxie, which is a downside.

The thing that Mesprit benefits from is the ability to convert the SpA EVs into its other Defenses. Without any EVs, Mesprits SpA reaches 246 comparing to Uxie with 124 SpA EVs, reaching 217 total SpA stat. It's true that Mesprit doesn't have the Defenses when compared with Uxie, but since it doesn't require any SpA EVs, those EVs and be invested into other Defenses.

If so:-

Mesprit @Choice Scarf
204 HP/224 Speed/80 Def
Bold
Levitate
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Psychic/Thunderbolt
- U-turn

It still runs a similar set with your Uxie, but it has the option of running Thunderbolt for a chance to OHKO Gyarados with SR. 378 Speed from Scarf still outruns lead-Azelf whom Taunt I guess.

Alternatively, it can run 196 Speed EVs to outrun Tyranitar. Yes, it's not as bulky, and the Speed isn't much when compared to Uxie, but it's definitely an alternative, IMO.

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS
ArmaldoEX said:
Mesprit can't reach your desired speed of 263 for Uxie, but it can still reach 252 to outspeed Adamant Scizor.

Just a quick inference, why would you want to outrun Scizor? Scizor says, "SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE BULLET PUNCH." Unless you're talking about Pursuit, but not many CB Scizors would lock themselves into that.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
224 Speed EVs coupled with Choice Scarf allows Mesprit to outrun most leads, such as Ambipom, Azelf and Gengar before getting Taunt'ed, and allows Trick to take place. 252 Speed Stat is a good number to hit, since it outspeeds plenty of Pokemon, Vaporeon, max Speed Tyranitar and Abomasnow are just a few of them.

gamercal

Spell card! Love Sign ~ Master Spark!
AEX, one major problem stands in the way of using Mesprit to do the same job as Uxie. That problem is Aerodactyl.

Whilst not as common as it once was, Aerodactyl will almost certainly Taunt Uxie T1. My spread is designed to outspeed and Trick it in order to disable it, but the proposed Mesprit set cannot achieve the same Spe. That means that although it's OK against most of the same leads, that matchup it auto-loss in comparison to what Uxie does. It also has issues with Breloom, which after I ditch my Scarf is a bit of a large threat... one that is well worth keeping Uxie's higher Spe around for.

Additionally, although I should check on this later I think Uxie's stat total is much more impressive for this task. Uxie's greater defences fulfil it's relatively passive role much more effectively than Mesprit. The offence isn't as huge a deal in this set, because Uxie isn't MEANT to be dealing really high damage. It's meant to be playing a supportive role, one that it does most effectively. Mesprit's lower defences (especially SpD) means that it can't live nearly as long, and risks being KO'd before I can both set up rocks and fire my Scarf away.

Mesprit does better as a sort of offensive tank, but that isn't what I need for this particular lead match. I wouldn't run it over Uxie without having at least two special attacks (which destroys the utility of the set by restricting the support moves) because otherwise the excess SpA you've given it via the base stats is wasted.

TFO, Scizor's Pursuit would hit me even when I U-turn, so that isn't really much of an issue for saying which one is better. Since Uxie lacks HP Fire anyhow, outspeeding SD Scizor (nobody uses Jolly CB Scizor, that's just stupid <_<) isn't the main reason I'd use it over Mesprit anyway (@ AEX).

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
I see where you're getting. As of now, I'd rate your team perfect. It's almost impossible to find any flaws, or weak points without battling the team by itself. Then again, since it's mostly a stall team, the other entry hazards would be welcomed as well, although, again, I can't say for myself how much you need it, due to the lack of battling against it.

Dark Azelf

@_@
Its a pretty cool team but really, to get the best use out of Toment Tran entry Hazards are pretty much required because it causes that many switches. Especially Toxic Spikes or it gets outstalled by alot, id seriously consider those.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
OU Pokemon said:
Who is this Sam you're talking about?

EDIT: Serebii>Pokebeach

One of the moderators. Lol, if Serebii>PokeBeach, then why are you still here? Go.