Frustrating Moments in Life

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
This is a thread where you post extreme "ugh" moments, or just times that you wanted to tear your hair out.

To start, I'll post one of mine.
Me: “I don’t understand this, can you help me?”

Math Teacher: “We’ll see.” *leaves*
*doesn’t come back*

Me: “I understood the homework but not the quiz. Can I make up the points?”

Math Teacher: “I’ll let you know.”
*never talks to me even if I email him*

Your avatar feels very appropriate for this thread, Skyleaf.

Obviously I've experienced a lot of frustration in my life, but the one that tops the cake right now is still not having a PAL release date for Fire Emblem: Fates, even though all the NA people are playing it right now... *sobs bitterly*

To follow Athena's theme, the fact that I am finally going to pick up Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon today, even though it has been out for like 30 years in NA :|

Was going to watch Deadpool today with a friend. We were going to take the bus approximately an hour before the movie started. Everything was going smoothly.

Until the bus drove straight past me. Yeah. I even put my hand out and looked the driver in the eyes, dude was just stone cold and looked like he had murdered someone. Felt like I got slapped in the face. Literally couldn't move for a minute. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Ended up running 3 km to another bus stop which is on a faster route to the cinema. Arrived 2 minutes before the movie begun, fortunately.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't bring younger children to Deadpool. Overheard a parent which wanted to take her 11-year old to this "rocking new superhero movie". Please don't.

I think the most frustrating thing for me was when I got a butterfly knife and started doing tricks with it(im really good with it), and then I decide to apply to be a bounty hunter but I was too young.

That moment when you've almost finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for the first time, and you notice that Netflix does not have the last season of episodes.

Was going to watch Deadpool today with a friend. We were going to take the bus approximately an hour before the movie started. Everything was going smoothly.

Until the bus drove straight past me. Yeah. I even put my hand out and looked the driver in the eyes, dude was just stone cold and looked like he had murdered someone. Felt like I got slapped in the face. Literally couldn't move for a minute. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Ended up running 3 km to another bus stop which is on a faster route to the cinema. Arrived 2 minutes before the movie begun, fortunately.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't bring younger children to Deadpool. Overheard a parent which wanted to take her 11-year old to this "rocking new superhero movie". Please don't.

I thought it was rated 18 in the UK, I was surprised that it had a 15s rating.

I thought it was rated 18 in the UK, I was surprised that it had a 15s rating.

Don't know about other countries, but in Norway I can only remember hearing about one movie getting an 18+ rating in the past years. It was "Hostel" I think.

I don't think "Deadpool" even came close to an 18+ rating. Had some greasy stuff in it, but movies like "Wolf of Wall Street" was "worse" IMO.

So last week I got let go from McDonald's for "failing to meet McDonald's standards". I was still in probation, only working there for 3 months. The guy who oversees all the locations where I live said I didn't "make sandwiches fast enough".

Um ok. If that's the case, why was I placed at the end of the table, finishing burgers and wrapping them fast as f. If that's "not fast enough", I don't know what is. If he meant I didn't cook the food fast enough, excuse me sir but I did cook patties and stuff according to McD's standards so it can't be that.

My mom, someone else, and I think McDonald's needed extra help for Christmas time but wanted to maximize the number of people so they put the job listing as "permanent" instead of temporary or seasonal. And since they decided the location I was at couldn't afford me, I was one to be let go. The only reason they said I wasn't fast enough was to prevent them from receiving a complaint about unjust termination. Unreal man.

I was also told by these crooks that I could re-apply in 3 months time. I was definitely good enough to do that said the restaurant manager. "This job isn't for everybody" said the guy who manages all the locations here. But apparently I was recommended by him to apply for one of the bigger locations in the city because there's more people there to help me out. Ok Mr. so you said I wasn't good enough for fast food but apparently more people will magically make me able to work in this industry? Quit contradicting yourself and start making the world a better place. Just admit McD's, who brags about its working environment, standards and its executives, is no better than its competitors.

Ok so this was really quite frustrating at the time but it does have a positive outcome
I was at a concert the other night, and after queuing for about an hour and a half in windy weather the doors finally opened.
However the doorman decided to be jerk no.1 and make people show IDs to get entry (which was not specified on the ticket nor the event website, nor had there been any prior contact to say this would happen).
Me, being me, forgot my ID and was pretty much refused entry.
So then me being a crafty old witch decided to do some crafty witchcraft; I rung the venue saying what had happened and that my ID was 30 miles away and there was no way I'd be able to get in and whatnot, the person on the phone said that there was no need for ID and that they didn't know why I'd been asked for it.
So then I managed to get in in the end, although because of this and the time it took to ring the venue and for them to come out and find me etc it meant that my hard work of being no.1 in the queue (to be front row) had gone to waste since so many people had got in since then that I ended up being about a third of the way back. (it wasn't a bad view but it could've been better)

Back