• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Frozen Lock (Articuno EX/Garbodor)

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
I had a deck idea a while back using Articuno EX and Dusknoir which proved to suck even then. Just imagine how much worse it would be now. So I present to your my new idea for utilizing the Freeze Pokémon, Articuno.

Pokemon
  • 3x Articuno EX (PLS)
  • 2x Trubbish (PLS)
  • 2x Garbodor (DRX)
  • 2x Thundurus EX (PLF)
Trainers
  • 3x Professor Juniper
  • 3x N
  • 3x Skyla
  • 1x Shadow Triad
  • 1x Ghetsis
  • 3x Float Stone
  • 2x Silver Mirror
  • 1x Rock Guard
  • 1x Rocky Helmet
  • 3x Pokémon Catcher
  • 2x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Team Plasma Ball
  • 1x Heavy Ball
  • 3x Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2x Virbank City Gym
  • 3x Colress Machine
  • 2x Switch
  • 1x Tool Scrapper
Energy
  • 6x Water Energy
  • 4x Plasma Energy
  • 3x Prism Energy
Strategy
The strategy here is pretty simple. Try to start with Thundurus as the Active Pokémon and bench an Articuno and Trubbish. Use Raiden Knuckle to get back the lost Plasma Energy, and any other Energies lost from Ultra Balls, Juniper, and what not. I tested this once against a Plasma TDK deck and ended up stalling my opponent out. However, if he or she hadn't, I still would've won by taking out his or her Keldeo with Frost Prison.

So what do you think? What should I add? What should I remove? Should I replace the current Trubbish? Let me know below! All comments and suggestions would be appreciated a ton! Thanks for the help in advance!

7 tools is quite excessive in garbodor.
Personally, I would drop the rocky helmet for another tool scrapper as bangles and mirrors run rampant throughout the land.

I think Kyurem plasma would be better starter than Thundurus in this deck. And you need more supporters. maybe take out one skyla(two is more than enought) and add Caitlins or Cheren. Hope this helps.

With Exp. Share and Shadow Triad this deck doesn't necessarily need Thundurus EX to recover from Articuno KO's.

Back