• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Frostbite (Glaceon/Zoroark)

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer
I've been looking for someone to pair with Glaceon, and I think I'm gonna try rocking Zoroark with it for a bit. My first thought process was Ninetales, but, I didn't really wanna try two 'mons that are weak to Metal in the upcoming format.

Pokemon: 17

3x Tapu Lele GX (GRI)
3x Zorua (SHL)
3x Zoroark GX (SHL)
4x Eevee (SUM)
3x Glaceon GX (ULP)
1x Mewtwo (EVO)

Trainers/Supporters: 31

3x N
3x Cynthia
2x Brigette
1x Professor Sycamore
3x Guzma
1x Mallow
1x Cyrus Prism Star

4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle of Time
2x Field Blower
2x Enhanced Hammer
3x Choice Band
1x Float Stone
1x Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 12
4x Double Colorless
8x Basic Water

Last edited:
Does it not run Tapu Lele on purpose? If you can afford them, definitely run them. Also, I think you could use a bit more water energy, just to ensure you get that 1st turn ability lock.

Um, he has 3 Lele's first on the pokemon list, if you couldn't see them then that's ok, I've missed lele's on a list before as well.

Hi.

I'm just going to say this right now and it is going to make a lot of people mad but, in my opinion N is trash so I would cut 2 for a Sycamore and Cynthia, and you don't need 3 Lele's so cut one for another water energy for the same reason as @The Last Shaymin so yeah if you want to see what that would look like, Here are the changes:

-2 N
-1 Tapu Lele GX

+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Cynthia
+1 Water energy

Hope I helped, and don't get hammered for saying N is trash. :)

Not necessarily going to hammer the guy that said N is trash, but I will definitely disagree with him. I'd be interested in hearing his reasoning as to why he thinks it's bad as opposed to him just saying it's trash with no further explanation. It's hand disruption and ability to punish aggressive decks is unparalleled.

Anyways, I would cut the fourth Glaceon-GX. A 4-3 line is optimal. You'll never use four in a game, and being able to search it with Eevee's ability means you don't have to worry about drawing into it so three is good.

I'd think about cutting Special Charge as well since you have Puzzles. That's preference though. I'd cut the fourth Glaceon-GX and Special Charge for a Sycamore and Cynthia. Otherwise, I think your list looks pretty good.

Hey, I would have added Aqua Patch, Cyrus (If we have such a booster for water types - why don't we use it) Super Rod (it is always great to have both rescue stretcher + super rod, in case you must sycamore one of them) and more Float Stones (you might really need it, when you don't have guzma in your hand), probably more basic energy. Also, I think 3-3 Glaceon GX (ULP) would be more than enough. Not sure if we really need Mewtwo (EVO) here.

- Kukui (don't see any point of playing it)
- 4x Puzzle of Time (not sure if we need it in this deck, gotta test in online)
- 2x Enhanced Hammer (I don't think we need much of disrupt here)
- Special Charge (situative)

+ Cyrus
+ 4x Aqua Patch
+ 2x Float Stone
+ Water Energy

Also, you might consider how to draw when you play against mirror. I'm going to test Oranguru (SUM) and Octillery (BKT) in online, but then probably deck might start bricking.

Hey, I would have added Aqua Patch, Cyrus (If we have such a booster for water types - why don't we use it) Super Rod (it is always great to have both rescue stretcher + super rod, in case you must sycamore one of them) and more Float Stones (you might really need it, when you don't have guzma in your hand), probably more basic energy. Also, I think 3-3 Glaceon GX (ULP) would be more than enough. Not sure if we really need Mewtwo (EVO) here.

- Kukui (don't see any point of playing it)
- 4x Puzzle of Time (not sure if we need it in this deck, gotta test in online)
- 2x Enhanced Hammer (I don't think we need much of disrupt here)
- Special Charge (situative)

+ Cyrus
+ 4x Aqua Patch
+ 2x Float Stone
+ Water Energy

Also, you might consider how to draw when you play against mirror. I'm going to test Oranguru (SUM) and Octillery (BKT) in online, but then probably deck might start bricking.
I disagree with removing Special Charge. Special energy hate is everywhere and you might accidentally Sycamore a DCE when you don't want to. Getting them back for future use can be huge.

If you're playing Zoroark, wouldn't it be better to use as few Sycamore and as many N and Cynthia as possible? I get that Sycamore gets you an extra card, but at the cost of discarding your whole hand which might have valuable cards such as puzzles or DCE in there. Cynthia puts them back into your deck as well which helps not decking out, as I have decked out many times using Zoroark before. 1 card is really not that much of a difference when you have such a good draw engine. I would say:

-2 Sycamore
- 1 Kukui (not that useful I find)
-1 Rescue Stretcher (puzzles)
-1 Special Charge (puzzles)

+2 Cynthia
+1 N
+1 Choice Band
+1 Float Stone

Just my opinion

Hi y'all, I made a couple changes based off of all of your feedback, and I'm going to explain the thought process behind some of the changes changes.

Pokemon:
-1 Glaceon GX (I was originally running 4 as a "in case 2 or more gets prized", but, I do agree that running 3 is probably the better option as it gives me more space to work with.)

Trainers/Supporters:
+1 Cyrus (I'll be real, I forgot this card existed until it was brought up. An obvious choice in this deck.)
+1 Cynthia
-1 Kukui
-1 Sycamore
-1 Special Charge

Energy:
+2 Water Energy (Need to get that t1 Glaceon as much as possible, and I agree that I don't think it would happen very often with only 6 water.)

As for some of the cards I kept:
Mewtwo: Mewtwo is there as an easy counter to Buzzwole decks. While I won't be attacking with Zoroark as much normally, it's still a scary card and can lead to free prizes with a Guzma.

Rescue Stretcher: It was gonna be this or Special Charge, and I feel like I can't really rely on Special Charge all that much while Rescue Stretcher is guaranteed to get me value immediately.

Enhanced Hammers: Another counter to Buzzwole decks. Getting rid of their Strong Energy hampers them quite a bit.

So I built a similar version of this list and so far I'm 3-1 online. I'm still working on my Supporter counts, but so far I've been happy with the deck's overall performance.

Pokemon: 16

4x Eevee
3x Glaceon-GX
3x Zorua
3x Zoroark-GX
3x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 32

4x N
4x Cynthia
1x Professor Sycamore
3x Brigette
3x Guzma
4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle of Time
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Enhanced Hammer
3x Choice Band
1x Float Stone

4x Double Colorless
8x Basic Water

I wanted to include Mallow but also wanted to maximize my chances of a T1 Brigette so I added a third copy. I also think that while Cyrus can be great, it's very situational. I maxed out N and Cynthia since those are our main draw Supporters. If anything, they're good Trade bait if our hand has too many Supporters.

So I built a similar version of this list and so far I'm 3-1 online. I'm still working on my Supporter counts, but so far I've been happy with the deck's overall performance.

Pokemon: 16

4x Eevee
3x Glaceon-GX
3x Zorua
3x Zoroark-GX
3x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 32

4x N
4x Cynthia
1x Professor Sycamore
3x Brigette
3x Guzma
4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle of Time
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Enhanced Hammer
3x Choice Band
1x Float Stone

4x Double Colorless
8x Basic Water

I wanted to include Mallow but also wanted to maximize my chances of a T1 Brigette so I added a third copy. I also think that while Cyrus can be great, it's very situational. I maxed out N and Cynthia since those are our main draw Supporters. If anything, they're good Trade bait if our hand has too many Supporters.

I wanna try out this list tonight :D I was going to try Puzzles in my testing last night but didn't get around to it. I honestly agree with the Cyrus exclusion, I played a casual tournament with friends over the weekend and I literally never used it. At best it was Ultra Ball fodder.

How consistent has T1 Glaceon been with 8 Water? I'm paranoid and have been running 9 lol.

Back