• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Frogs... Just Frogs (Greninja BREAK)

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
Pokémon: 16
  • 4 Froakie XY
  • 4 Frogadier BreakPoint
  • 3 Greninja XY
  • 1 Greninja BreakPoint
  • 3 Greninja BREAK
  • 1 Regice AOR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 3 Wally
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 4 Roller Skates
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Battle Compressor
Energy: 9
  • 9 Water Energy
Strategy:

The whole point of this deck is to stream Greninja XY's and Greninja Break's Ability. With this you can get big streams of damage off each turn without attacking. Normally, you will want to go second, so you can use Frogadier's attack. It gets 3 other Frogadiers from your deck and puts in on your bench. You will get him out with Wally. To get Wally Quickly, I run a lot of acceleration cards such as Trainer's Mail and Roller Skates. After there, it's pretty straight forward. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Translations: http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/11/greninja-greninja-break-manaphy-ex-translations
http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/11/xy9-frogadier

Last edited:
I find this deck list quite hilarious, and in an awesome way! Some ideas for you...

-Battle Compressors can be quite useful here, as you can put energy to be retrieved in the discard pile, or discard a supporter like Wally to use VS seeker on.
-Red Cards should help quite a bit in case your opponent's hand gets too big at the start, or if you have to go first.
-The fact that you're just reusing the same energy over and over again, I think only 8-9 energy should be just enough for your strategy to work.
-Your deck list shows '1 Judge' twice... You were thinking a Lysandre in that spot? I don't think it would hurt to put one in.
-A really sneaky idea: Maybe put in Team Magma's Secret base to put even more damage against your opponent.

Don't take any of this too seriously, though - I just consider them options people could use. Ninja Frogs Forever!

Why don't put two other froakie in the deck, and remove two energy?
You know, because of prizes...

Why don't put two other froakie in the deck, and remove two energy?
You know, because of prizes...
Yah, that seems good.
- 2 Energy
+2 Froakie XY

-Battle Compressors can be quite useful here, as you can put energy to be retrieved in the discard pile, or discard a supporter like Wally to use VS seeker on.!
Definitely doing that. Can't wait to proxy this deck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No counter Stadiums (e.g., Rough Seas)??

What's your counter to any opponent who manages to Item-lock your turn 1 (e.g., via Vileplume or Trevenant)?

Also, while you are setting up (which I suspect will take a minimum of 2 turns, IF all goes well...), your relatively low HP Poke will, most likely, be under attack and you could lose needed Poke early game. You may need more than 1 Super Rod/Sacred Ash.

IMO, no Ultra Balls are really needed versus a combo of just Level and Dive Balls (e.g., 4-4). This would help you setup faster.

Given the very few basic Pokemon you are using, your opponents will greatly benefit from your mulligan draws; so running a max count of Judges will help reduce your disadvantage.

Have you proxied and tested your deck concept? If so, what have been the results?

Can't you use Miltank with Greninja Break on the bench and still do the plus 70 damage?

Can't you use Miltank with Greninja Break on the bench and still do the plus 70 damage?

Greninja Break is a Break Pokemon, not a stage 2. So no.

I agree with maxing out the amount of Judge's to give a better chance of not letting your foe gain advantage from the amount of mulligan.

I'm thinking you could take out the ultra balls unlike most decks because with level balls and dive balls that is searching all the pokemon instead of discarding any cards which could help for you are already discarding energies;) but if you think of adding other pokemon than keep the ultra balls if they are different types

What do you guys think I could take out for some additional Judges/Level Balls?
Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-3 Wally - not really needed since you can rely on other Items that can help you draw W Pokemon
-2 Trainer's Mail - IMO, 2 will be sufficient with improved card-draw capability
-2 Acro Bike - lots of "discarding" does not help you if game is prolonged (although you might setup faster)
-4 Roller Skates - inconsistent and possibly unavailable if you are Item-locked (if so, there are too many slots devoted to this "possible" card-drawing Item)
-2 Ultra Ball - really not needed since you have an all Water deck and you don't really need to "dump" cards
-2 Battle Compressor - not sure why these are in the deck (apologies if I missed something where these are actually needed by your Poke)

Primary considerations (critical, IMO):
+3 Judge - Opponent's hand disruption after your muligans
+2 Professor Sycamore - more card-draw capability
+4 Level Ball - Pokemon search
+1 Sacred Ash - needed to recover KOd/discarded Pokemon

Secondary considerations for last 5 slots:
+2 Regice - Water Pokemon with good attacks and can be an EX "wall"
+3 DCE

or

+3 Rough Seas - Pokemon healing and counter Stadium
+1 Water
+1 Shauna / Tierno - more card draw

or

+3 Skarmory (ROS 69) - Colorless Pokemon whose attacks (for C and CC energy costs, respectively) can help you setup your bench and inflict some "minor" damage
+2 Water

I hope you find these comments helpful.

WALLY!!! wally is what makes this deck so speedy! Wally can get a turn 1 frogadier and frogadier (for 1 water energy) can put 3 frogadier on the bench without froakie. I might rely on this and bring the line down to a 3-4-4-3 greninja break. But I might be relying to much. but anyway with wally you can potentially get 4 turn 2 greninjas with wally on froakie you get frogadier, then use its attack. then next turn use evosoda to get greninja without rare candy. And to get crazy you can use another wally that turn to get a turn 2 greninja break! And there should still be more evolution support on the way but we already have enough!:p

I dont think this is worth it but you could play a weakness policy so greninja has no weakness which works against vespiquen and sceptile but they might knock you out anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Back