FRLG Secret cards......eh?

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
I got an EX Fire Red/Leaf Green booster pack, and got an Articuno EX. I then looked at the set number, and saw that it was 114/112! I thought secret cards were only available with a box of boosters, or at league events! So what are they doing in booster packs?

^ these rares are called secret rares, like celebi ex and HCTR
they are very rare and very expensive

I have articuno EX and the next time I get more pokemon cards I will look at his card and see if it has that too.:)

You find them in packs the are the most rare cards and their numbers are larger than the number of the set. I have 3 moltres i keep getting them. I seem to be really luckey with FRLG i got a charizard and blastoise.

I have 2x Moltres and 3x Zapdos which are numbered 115/112 and 116/112. Yep, the're not as rare as Charizard ex but meh.

I know but my cards are buried behind a chair here in my motorhome and they are very heavy because I have nearly 3,000 cards and when I get more I will check and see but thanks for the info.:)

RE:  FRLG Secret cards......eh?

Tomokazu Komiya said:
if they come in boosters, I don't think they should be called secret.

I see your point but, I think the name kinda suits them as they're hard to get and all. :p

I have a crystal charizard and it is 146 of 144 from the skyridge set and it is in mint condition. It has never been touched be a finger print and it is in a plastic sleeve and my friends from canada don't know I have the card but when they find out they will pound me in the ground mentaly.:)

Tomokazu Komiya said:
I got an EX Fire Red/Leaf Green booster pack, and got an Articuno EX. I then looked at the set number, and saw that it was 114/112! I thought secret cards were only available with a box of boosters, or at league events! So what are they doing in booster packs?
All Articuno ex, Zapdos ex, Moltres ex, and all other such secret cards are endowed with a number larger than the set expansion that they come from.

As for them coming in booster packs...what makes it different than a box of boosters? Those are still booster packs. A single pack is the same either way, the contents of which don't change. What you may be thinking of are called boxtoppers, which are numbered in the same manner. And yes, boxtoppers only come packaged with the box.

Arcanine 274, your statement is spammy and rediculous. I'll be deleting that now, and for good measure. Sad for a PokeBeach Strategist to be spamming. *click*

Oh, and, I think the topic's focus is specifically about Ex: Fire Red/Leaf Green secret rares. So let's focus the topic to that everyone.

-Holy Star

Back