• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Friggin' Geotech System (Meta GX/Lele GX/Zoroark GX)

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
So this is (hopefully) the (semi) final form of my Metagross deck.

Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Beldum GRI
  • 2 Metang GRI
  • 4 Metagross GX GRI
  • 2 Zorua SHL
  • 2 Zoroark GX SHL
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX GRI
  • 2 Oranguru SUM
Trainers: 30
  • 2 Nest Ball SUM (will get replaced with Bridgette/Pokémon Fan Club)
  • 4 Ultra Ball SUM
  • 3 Field Blower GRI
  • 3 Choice Band GRI
  • 3 Max Potion GRI
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI
  • 2 Lillie SUM
  • 2 Hala GRI
  • 2 Olivia GRI
  • 2 Guzma GRI
  • 2 Rare Candy SUM
  • 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI
  • 2 Acerola BUS
Energy: 12
  • 8 Metal
  • 4 Double Colorless SUM
Here's the brief rundown of each role:

Attack: Metagross, Lele, Zoroark, Oranguru (only for A-Ninetales BUS and Hoopa), Choice Band
Search: Metagross, Lele, Balls, Olivia
Draw: Zoroark, Lillie, Hala
Recovery: Max Potion, Acerola
Disruption: Guzma, Enhanced Hammer, Field Blower
Evolution: Rare Candy

I'm replacing the Nest Balls with either Bridgette or Pokémon Fan Club this weekend, depending on availability and budget. Suggestions elsewhere in the deck are welcome.

-1 Oranguru
+1 Alolan Vulpix

Alolan Vulpix is amazing early game for grabbing Metagross pieces and it's easy to get into the active turn one by manually retreating your active after attaching to it. You want Energy in the discard anyways, so it's a plus. If you start with it, then even better.

-2 Nest Ball
+2 Brigette

I know you already addressed this, but I figured I'd include it in my suggestions. I would definitely go with Brigette over Pokémon Fan Club if you can.

-2 Lillie
-2 Olivia
-2 Acerola
-1 Hala

+4 Professor Sycamore
+3 N

Brigette will be your preferred Turn 1 Supporter, making Lillie not as effective. I don't see any Sycamore or N in your list? They're the best draw Supporters of the game. I think Hala has a place in this deck, but you should still run N even if it's only for the disruption factor. Olivia sounds like a good Supporter on paper, but you don't really want to use your Supporter for the turn to do what you can do with Alolan Vulpix or Ultra Ball. Acerola is also not as effective in a Stage 2 heavy deck, just stick with Max Potion.

-2 Alter of the Sunne
+2 Rare Candy

You need 4 Rare Candy. There's just no way around it. If you want to get Metagross out as fast as possible you need to maximize your chances of doing that. Alter of the Sunne only help you in one matchup, and you have a backup attacker with Zoroark that you can use when you go against Fire decks.

I've never seen Metagross paired with Zoroark before so I don't know how smooth it runs, but I do feel like the changes I suggested will make the list more consistent!

Alright, changes made or will be made.

Again, I realized I was two over in the decklist, so I need to drop some combination of two of these four to drop it to sixty:

• Metang
  • Metang
  • Choice Band
  • Max Potion

Back