Ruling Frenzy Plant and Lv X

Silver_Cyh

er... Hello?
After Torterra MD attacks using Frenzy Plant, the attack can't be used during the next turn. But if during the next turn, Torterra MD Lv up to Torterra Lv X, can it use Frenzy plant again?

Special Rules for Pokémon LV.X said:
When a Pokémon LV.X is played, it removes all Special Conditions and other effects from that Pokémon.

Yes, you can use Frenzy Plant, then Level Up and use Frenzy Plant again. It works the same way if you get a Pokemon to the bench then all effects on it are gone. So if you were to somehow get the MD Torterra to the bench, then active again, you could use Frenzy Plant again. Leveling Up is like evolving where, you can evolve and remove any effects that they inflicted on your Pokemon. Like if they do something that says, "The Defending Pokemon cannot attack on your opponets next turn." you can evolve, and that effect is removed, and you can still attack.

I dont Think So Because Its Still Torterra It Just Said Torterra Itself Cant Use it so i GUESS you Cant

^ But Lv.up removes all conditions on the pokemon and it is considere evolving, meaning the effect from frenzy plant is cancelled out, leaving torterra able to attack again with frenzy plant.

yes because while leveling up is just like evolving with a partial memory berry that allows you to use the attacks of the pokemon below it that how i see it when i play pokemon LV.X

Frenzy Plant

Q. If I use Torterra's "Frenzy Plant" this turn, can I use it again next turn if I level up to Torterra Lv.X?
A. According to the rule book, leveling up a Pokemon removes all effects and status. So yes you would be able to use Frenzy Plant after leveling up to Torterra Lv.X. (Jul 10, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Just got updated.

Back