• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fossils Post Rotation

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all,

I am thinking that with the release of Pokemon Labs and other Fossil based pokemon in Unified that Fossils may be viable. I got an idea from AuraBomb in you tube, but I want to add Tirtouga and Carracosta for its ability to nullify tools. Mostly because of Shedninja. Here is my list so far.

Pokemon

2 - Jirachi
4 - Kabuto
4 - Kabutops
3 - Archen
4 - Archeops
2 - Aerodactyl

Supporters

4 - Pokemon Research Lab
2 - Martial Arts Dojo
4 - Bill’s Analysis
4 - Cynthia
4 - Pokemon Communications
4 - Unidentified Fossil
4 - Switch
2 - Escape Board
2 - Big Oven
1 - Reset Stamp

Energy

6 - Fighting
4 - Triple Energy

What would you all suggest in order to possibly add a 2-2 line of Carracosta?

HI! I think this could be seriously a funny deck. Anyway, there are some suggestions I'd like to give you to improve the deck.
First of all, pull out those Big Ovens, they just catch fire energies.
Replace Cynthia with Lillie: you could have some useful stage 2 in your hand, and you may not want to shuffle them back to the deck.
Add another Jirachi at least: otherwise, you would concede to many mulligans to your opponent.
Add Diancie Prism Star.
Cut the Kabutops line to 2-2, add an Archen (Archeops would be your main attacker), and you can try to add a 1-1 line of Carracosta: you would use it just in the Shedinja matchup. I don't feel you want to consistently attack with Kabutops, since it won't be too easy to get a Triple every turn, even considering the fact that you are not playing that many draw supporters.
Speaking of draw supporters, you could replace a Switch with a Tate and Liza.
At this point, I'm suggesting you:

- 2 Big Oven
- 4 Cynthia
- 2-2 Kabutops
- 1 Switch

+ 4 Lillie
+ Jirachi
+ Archen
+ 1-1 Carracosta
+ Diancie
+ Tate and Liza

A slot remains empty. You can consider Karate Belt, so that in certain cases your Aerodactyl can use the GX attack for free for example, or maybe some tech, or just another draw supporter.
I hope to have been helpful ;)

Back