Ruling Forced Retreat

Suraako

Elemental Master
2.jpg

Are there any other Modified-legal cards with an attack like Harsh Fluid? I mean an attack that might force an opponent to retreat (not switch, but actually force them to discard energies and retreat). There are a few cards that inflict Confusion that I'm considering, but sure-fire damage like Harsh Fluid seems much more enticing :D

I think that even if the defending does retreat by the way, the new defending will still get the 50 damage. If stated the defending it doesn't matter if its newly retreated i guess. So cradily isn't one of those force-retreat pokes.
I can't think of any pokes that force-retreat right now.

The effect of Harsh Fluid resides on the Defending Pokemon - whatever takes the attack. If that Pokemon goes to the Bench or otherwise leaves play (devolving, evolving, and I believe, Leveling Up), the effect goes away.

This would combo well with Skarmory ex.

yaa mateo right cuz thats the same ruling on maganium d. for its delta reduction if the poke retreats the effect wears off.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
The effect of Harsh Fluid resides on the Defending Pokemon - whatever takes the attack. If that Pokemon goes to the Bench or otherwise leaves play (devolving, evolving, and I believe, Leveling Up), the effect goes away.

This would combo well with Skarmory ex.

Exactly what I'm trying to work out ;) I'm thinking of Crobat and Toxicroak comboing with it too, since they'd be stuck with Poison unless they retreat, in which case they get hit with Skarmory's PokeBody. I'm sure there are other (Modified-legal) ways to force a retreat but I can't think of any >_<

Yeah, they'd work, but they don't have much synergy with Cradily, I think.

I hate Crobat. His power's nice, but flip tails on his move and there he goes. He does work well enough with Toxicroak, too.

Vileplume d can poison on a heads flip. If you want Cradily as your main hitter, there's not much you can do in the way of inflicting Special Conditions.

Maybe Cradily + Cacturne PK + Sidney's Stadium + Espeon*

Cacturne poisons with Sidney's out, then if you have Sidney's out when you play Espeon* you don't get confused :D

^ Wow I really like that idea! It'd be fun to try out. :D

I only mention Cradily as an example of something that indirectly forces your opponent to retreat. I like it, but I'd prefer something quicker. Confusion seems to be something that might work, though. Ooh how about this: Espeon* + Skarmory ex + Unown E + something with a free retreat cost (say, Crobat, maybe?). With Crobat active, bring out Espeon*. Both Actives are Confused. Crobat retreats for free, and I send up Unown E and use Hidden Power. The only ways to prevent getting 30 damage would be Switch or Evolving/Leveling Up. Probably more complicated than it needs to be, though....

Sorry, my bad about the misunderstanding.
Still, once your opponent retreats with extremely low hp then try to get a sniper in to hit your KOs.

100 hp, evos from fossils, and only 70 damage are all not great. On paper its good but its not in play...

Thou Shall Sleep said:
Sorry, my bad about the misunderstanding.
Still, once your opponent retreats with extremely low hp then try to get a sniper in to hit your KOs.

Don't worry about it; nothing to be sorry about ;) As for a sniper, Rayquaza ex d is my new best friend :p

Back