'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Based on the placements of Pyroar and the Froakies it looks like the Volcanion is gonna be a Water-type! I love that we are starting to see types for Pokemon that haven't been seen before (Psychic Malamar, Fighting Diancie)!
Shining Volcanion is a water type

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Pyroar - Good ability, as a sidenote, Unnerve in the video games prevent berries from using. In thjs one, this is a good one, so that means this guy can't be dragged by Guzma or crushed by Hammers. The atk is hitting thr numbers for 2 min. Attachments. This and Lysandre Labs OHKO Golisopod and Metal Decks. + choice band, OHKO Lele. This is the dawn of anti-Metal meta. The weakness cripples it, tho. Empoleon and Glaceon will be its greatest contender. 4 Geodudes
  • Lysandre Labs - Oops! This stadium doesn't let Pyroar to OHKO Lele, but it precents CB and FS from functioning. Still good tho. 3-4 Geodudes.
  • Hawlucha - N's beloved Pokemon

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
so, have all GX's been revealed for this set? I honestly cant remember XD, if they haven't, I think that this is a solid set to release a Flareon-GX, and it also seems like a pattern with Eevee-evolution GX in the Sun/Moon sets-

SM Base- Espeon & Umbreon
SM Guardians Rising- Sylveon
SM Burning Shadows- nothing
SM Crimson Invasion- nothing
SM Ultra Prism- Glaceon & Leafeon
SM Forbidden Light (or SM 7)- Flareon maybe?

Basically, what I have come up with is this pattern, the first set releases two cards, the second set one card, the third and fourth none, while the fifth set contains two cards, and the sixth set (or probably seventh) will contain one card, then once again, skip two sets, and release the last two cards, if anyone understood that at all... lol, if you did, let me know if this is something possibly practical or I am just rambling :D

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Well, the effect on Lysandre Labs sucks when it comes to synergy with Pyroar for taking away Choice Band's effect, but at least this Pyroar has an attack worth using.

If you decide to run Pyroar Break with this, you do have access to a nice ability and a good second attack from this Pyroar, and an OHKO option from the Break's attack.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Based on the placements of Pyroar and the Froakies it looks like the Volcanion is gonna be a Water-type! I love that we are starting to see types for Pokemon that haven't been seen before (Psychic Malamar, Fighting Diancie)!
Volc EX and Shining Volc were both Water

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Pyroar is okay. Unnerve is super good, but an 80+60 attack if you have a special Stadium in play isn't too good.
Lysandre labs, however, is pretty darn good and will see play in some decks afraid of certain Tools.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
When I read Pyroar's attack, I was like "Oh no, not dominate" Heck I even imagined it forcing your opponent's Active pokemon to attack one of their benched pokemon.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Lysandre Labs has some of the worst CG I have ever seen; what a gross-looking card.

These cards together are pretty solid, though disabling Choice Band is a bit unfortunate.

TheTrashMan

ya better watch out
We've gotten a Water Type Volcanion. Twice.
Those being Volcanion EX who was half Water, and Shining Volcanion which was a full on Water Type.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Volc EX and Shining Volc were both Water

We've gotten a Water Type Volcanion. Twice.
Those being Volcanion EX who was half Water, and Shining Volcanion which was a full on Water Type.
I am aware of that now (though I consider Volcanion-EX more of a Fire-type, but it's still both) :p

My point is still, that I'm happy to see Pokemon in types they haven't been in (Diancie, Malamar), or in pure types they haven't been in that much (Volcanion) :p

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
I like the Lysandre Labs. I'll definitely have to pick some of those up when they release. I like pyroar too. Could be a good dumping ground for energy in a raichu or xerneas deck possibly? You could put an exp share on it. The energy couldn't get knocked off, the exp share can't be blown off, it can't be guzma'd for a knockout. I like the idea of that.

Zierant

Murcielago
I am aware of that now (though I consider Volcanion-EX more of a Fire-type, but it's still both) :p

My point is still, that I'm happy to see Pokemon in types they haven't been in (Diancie, Malamar), or in pure types they haven't been in that much (Volcanion) :p
Just wait til we get a colorless Charizard lol

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
  • Pyroar: Unnerve is a great ability, and the attack is decent. Can two hit KO anything in the format if you've got Lysandre Labs in play. 3/5

• Lysandre Labs: Pretty good, to bad it doesn't stop Garbotoxin though. 3/5 stars

Sir Linoone

Marellous. Splendid. What was the question again?
Has no-one yet mentioned you can take 6 prize cards in a turn with Pyroar/Lysandre Labs yet?
Your opponent has 3 Buzzwoles in play each with a Fighting Fury Belt attached, you play Lysandre Labs, if each of the Buzzwoles has, let's say, 22 damage counters on them, they are knocked out, BOOM! 6 prizes.