Food Revolution

Zero

Renegade Writer
Time for a little Back Story. I have been a Vegan for about a year now. Very proud of it, and I feel great. I have double the energy I had, and I require less sleep to get ready for school. I have been inspired by different figures. In October of 2009, famous British chef Jamie Oliver started a "food revolution". He went to different schools to force them to stop serving "slop" and start serving real food. It showed what 1 man can do.

Now, we are more than 1 man. We are, most of us, powerless, average, nerdy teenagers. We have more power than you all would expect. At the start of the next school year, I am going to try to make my best efforts to change the school lunches/breakfasts. I am going to ask for your help in support to show that I'm not the only concerned high schooler. I am, yes, an extremist, but can you honestly look at what the schools serve and call it food? If anything, I see a good chemistry experiment in school lunches. Look at the nutritional facts on what you all eat at school. Every school district is forced to give that information. I DARE you to tell me you think that crap is worth eating. My rule of thumb, if you don't have the ingredient in your pantry, and would not be able to get it in a normal grocery store (like albertsons or vons), don't eat it. If it looks like a good chemistry project, throw it out.

For a short term, I would request you get your voice heard. Start spreading the word around your peers. I'd highly support boycotting that crap that schools call food. Perhaps we can get something done.

That would cost alot more, and since my school can't even afford sports coming next school year, getting what you call "real" food is at the bottom of our list. I eat my schools food everyday, and yet I still have the energy to train 3 hours a night and feel fine in the morning. Tbh, the only way you'd get your school to change the food they buy is pay extra for it, the bulk "slop" as you call it, is half of the price of fresh, good food. I agree with you on the lunches being bad and all that, but it's really not that big of a deal to me or really anyone in my school. You should be lucky you even get food at all. I've helped out at some schools when somedays they don't even have enough to make a menu that day. You say you want to boycott the food because it isn't perfect? Do you realize how selfish that sounds? Just pack your own dang lunch if it matters that much.

@^ Whats the point in eating slop when you can force the school to get different food. Do you know how bad school cafeteria is for you?

Lucario_aura_wielder said:
@^ whats the point in eating slop when you can force the school to get diffrent food do you know how bad school cafeteria is for you?

I honestly don't know which words are part of scentence 1, scentence 2 or your usertitle :/

We don't "get" food at school, we need to buy it. There are gross hamburgers, and fresh sandwiches.
But I usually bring my lunch, or don't eat at school 8D

I have to take a moment to say that all school cafeteria food is not necessarily bad for you, it just.. generally is.

I bring my lunch, so technically, I'm already boycotting school lunches 8D

Lucario_aura_wielder said:
@^ Whats the point in eating slop when you can force the school to get different food. Do you know how bad school cafeteria is for you?

and who ever said you could...? I doubt anyone on here could actually "force" it to change. Btw if you bothered to read my full post, I answered your question already

This is kind of dumb considering the food at the school that I went to was not that bad it has gotton alot better since I first went to school. I have nothing aginst people who are vegens or what ever but just don't try to make me one and I am fine with it.

(*Get out of here ya hippy*XD)

Bring your own lunch (ya well never mind)

:p
T

My cafeteria food is "unhealthy" and is slop. I am also a vegan and I bring my own lunch.

Zenith said:
My school cafeteria food is delicious, so I can't really relate.

agreed. breakfast burritos never tasted so good (though in fairness they're a lot better quality than a lot of schools' food... people actually make them on site every morning)

Like I said before in the chat, sure the food is edible, but that doesn't really mean that people like it and that's why they choose to eat it. Personally, I don't pay for that kind of stuff, so I just bring in my lunch.

dmaster out.

I will admit I love to eat meat, and I like the taste of many unhealthy foods. But if you can help it, I dont see why people stuff their faces with unhealthy foods all the time.

It would certainly have a positive impact, if schools were to introduce, and serve exclusively natural and healthy foods. Unfortunately, many variables would hinder schools from putting forth such a motion. Many impoverished schools can barely afford the basic necessities of a student, as previously stated. Money would be another issue. Its very difficult to find affordable, and natural healthy food outside your home anywhere, let alone at school. Increasing preparation requirments, as well as food quality would result in a rise in money necessary to be used, and charged. This means that students are likely not to buy as much food for lunch, which could deeply affect the cafeteria finances. I think it's a great idea, but very few organizations would be able to do it.

I would agree that you guys need healthier lunches since your nation is becoming really overweight and you need to change your habits now, whilst you are children. In my school, the food is healthy :/ Thanks alot Jamie oliver :(

kashmaster said:
I would agree that you guys need healthier lunches since your nation is becoming really overweight and you need to change your habits now, whilst you are children. In my school, the food is healthy :/ Thanks alot Jamie oliver :(

The only reason that we are the fatest nation is because we have the most people. I talked to a brit on time and he agreed. (He game to my league once)

T

^That's wrong btw. You have the highest percentage of fat people.

Also, America doesn't have the most people either. :S

~Magma King~ said:
^That's wrong btw. You have the highest percentage of fat people.

Also, America doesn't have the most people either. :S

I am sorry I forgot china. IDK I still don't think that we are all that fat I think that it is wrong that somene would put that official for a nation.

T

There are multiple countries with a higher population than the US, if IRC. The US is pretty fat too. It can vary by region, but the amount of people who completely "let them selves go" disgust me a bit. I know that some people have slow metabolisms, and disorders and other weight gaining scenarios, but most dont, and it's not good that so many normal people are so unhealthy.

Back