Status
Not open for further replies.

Mora

Don't Panic
##FIRE: F6
##USE SACK OF GRAIN
##FIRE THUNDERSHOT: D6
##FIRE: D8
After days of playing cat and mouse, both teams apparently decided to quit fooling around. Cacturne unleashed a full barrage of cannon fire directly at Luxray's vessel, but only by the grace of Neptune did he manage to keep his ship afloat! "She's taking on water! Lighten the ship; stem to stern. Anything we can afford to lose, see that it’s lost!" the Luxray barked at his crew. Meanwhile, Sceptile sailed into the fray, guns blazing, and not a moment too soon. "The cavalry has arrived! Fire at F6!" and his cannons tore through Cacturne's sails with a satisfying rip.

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Mora

Don't Panic
## USE SACK OF GRAIN
##FIRE: E6
##FIRE: H6
Sceptile fired everything left at his ship's disposal to bring his foe down. One lucky shot stuck a powder keg, which promptly burst into flames. The whole deck was ablaze, now! It wouldn't be long before the integrity of what remained of his ship failed completely, sinking to the bottom of the sea. The calculated Cacturne, with the help of his partner in crime Ninetales, had brought many a ship to their watery grave, but now he finally got a taste of his own medicine. As he scrambled to find a large enough piece of driftwood to carry his weight, Luxray and Sceptile turned their attention to Ninetales, their last remaining foe.

bbninjas has been sunk.
Username: bbninjas
Team: Team 4
Ship: Brig (Size 4)
Ability 1: Submerge - Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Game Maker with coordinates you would like to move to. If you do, you are immune to all other players’ Abilities and Items for that Night Phase. If your coordinates collide with another ship, both you and that ship are damaged on the colliding coordinates.
Ability 2: Scout – At the beginning of each Day Phase, you will be PM’d the details of your neighboring coordinates in a 2-coordinate radius.
Gold: :(
Items:

Current Coordinates: F6, G6, H6, I6 . (Your ship is facing East.)
Current Damage: [X][X][X][X]

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Mora

Don't Panic
Fog Of War Night 13

gridmap.png

This phase ends 11pm GMT June 30th.
???'s Scout Ability was activated.
??? fired a Javelin. bbninjas was hit!
??? used Sonar Blast.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK used ##FIRE: F6. bbninjas was hit!
bbninjas used ##USE SACK OF GRAIN.
bbninjas used ##FIRE THUNDERSHOT: D6. It bounced off Blakers's hull!
bbninjas used ##FIRE: D8. It missed and hit water.
Blakers used ##FIRE: G6. bbninjas was hit!
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK used ## USE SACK OF GRAIN.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK used ##FIRE: E6. It missed and hit water.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK used ##FIRE: H6. bbninjas was sunk!

You may:
  • PM me with commands for Night-specific Abilities or Items.
  • PM me to purchase Items and Abilities from the Bazaar
  • Communicate with your team in your team’s conversation.
  • Trade Items or gold with players on your team in your team’s conversation. Both parties must agree, and you must also tag me in the trade.
You may not:
  • Post in this thread during the Night Phase.
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).

Bazaar

Items and Abilities are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. I will post a log of purchases / commands at the end of the phase. This log will reveal which Items / Abilities were bought as well as any commands made during the Night Phase, but not by who. If you make any invalid commands, you will be informed promptly.

Items:
Octillery Shell - 1600 gold
This cannonball is not affected by the target’s Items or Abilities. You may fire this cannonball anywhere on the map, even if you have an Ability that limits your range. (No Octillery were harmed in the manufacture of this Item.)

Fire Barrel - 2100 gold
Deploys a Fire Barrel directly behind your ship. The Fire Barrel is an Environmental Hazard. In between every Phase, the Fire Barrel will drift to another nearby coordinate.

Item Swapper - 5,000 gold (1 available)
Switches your inventory with the targeted player. You can't use this Item if this is the only Item in your inventory.

Spare Planks & Twine - 3750 gold (1 available)
???

Spyglass - 1500 gold
Privately see the details of any coordinate.

Purchasable Abilities:

Full Broadside - 6000 gold (1 available)
Your regular shot becomes Octillery Shell. You have the Octillery Shell Item in your inventory for reference, but you do not need it to fire. Use the command “##FIRE OCTILLERY SHELL: coordinates” to fire.

Heavy Shot - 6000 gold (1 available)
You may only shoot within a 4-coordinate radius of your ship. Your regular shot becomes Grapeshot.

Nuclear Reactor - 3000 gold (1 available)
If your ship is destroyed, Nuclear fallout damages every ship within a 2 point radius.

Privatize - 1500 gold (1 available)
Whenever you sink another ship, you salvage all its cargo

Ricochet - 3600 gold (1 available)
Any shots that successfully hit you have a chance to bounce harmlessly off the ship.

Scout - 4750 gold (1 available)
At the beginning of each Day Phase, you will be PM’d the details of your neighboring coordinates in a 2-coordinate radius.

Submerge - 7500 gold (1 available)
Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Game Maker with coordinates you would like to move to. If you do, you are immune to all other players’ Abilities and Items for that Night Phase. If your coordinates collide with another ship, both you and that ship are damaged on the colliding coordinates.

Wartime Inventory - 4000 gold (1 available)
You may fire twice per Day Phase. You cannot store any Items or gold.

Flavor does not provide instructions on how to use Abilities/Items - you will receive those instructions after making your purchase.

Mora

Don't Panic
Fog Of War Day 14

gridmap.png

You may:
  • Shoot other players.
  • Shoot your teammates.
  • Choose to not shoot at all.
You may not:
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
  • Trade Items with your Teammates.
Notes:
  • Items are consumables (unless otherwise specified). You use it, it disappears from your inventory.
  • Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.
  • You may not have more than two Abilities, 50k gold, or 10 Items at any given time.
Activity log:
??? used their Black Market Ability an Item.
??? bought an Octillery Shell.
??? used their Submerge Ability and moved.

Mora

Don't Panic
The YPPY (You-Person-Person-You) rule is in effect, BUT you only have to wait until someone else posts a command before you are allowed to post again. So really, it's more of a YPY rule.
  • Updates from me do not count as posts in this regard.
  • You may only take one action per post. You can’t fire and use an Item, for example.
  • Some of your Item descriptions might change for balance purposes during this phase.

Mora

Don't Panic
##FIRE: A6
Hit!
##FIRE: B6
Miss.
??? fired a Javelin!
Blakers was sunk.
Username: @Blakers
Team: Team 1
Ship: Turtleship (Size 2)
Ability 1: Submerge – Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Game Maker with coordinates you would like to move to. If you do, you are immune to all other players’ Abilities and Items for that Night Phase. If your coordinates collide with another ship, both you and that ship are damaged on the colliding coordinates.
Ability 2: Ricochet – Any shots that successfully hit you have a 30% chance to bounce harmlessly off the ship.
Gold: 25
Items:

Current Coordinates: I8, I9 (Your ship is facing South.)
Current Damage: [X][X]

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Okay, good game @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK! That Ricochet was really a thorn in my and bb's collective side, and I had no idea how Row, Row, Row Your Boat worked.

@bbninjas, you were the best teammate I could ask for, and I'm sorry I couldn't pull through for you!

@Mora, I think you can call the game now. There's no chance for my win.

Mora

Don't Panic
Okay, good game @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK! That Ricochet was really a thorn in my and bb's collective side, and I had no idea how Row, Row, Row Your Boat worked.

@bbninjas, you were the best teammate I could ask for, and I'm sorry I couldn't pull through for you!

@Mora, I think you can call the game now. There's no chance for my win.

##FIRE: A7

gg indeed, @Ephemera and everyone else who played, and thanks to our host
Ephemera resigns!
Username: Ephemera
Team: Team 4
Ship: Outlaw (Size 3)
Ability 1: Black Market – Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Game Maker to receive a random Item or sum of gold.
Ability 2: Daunt – You are immune to all other players’ Abilities during the Day Phase.
Gold: 3288
Items:
Octillery Shell - Post “##FIRE OCTILLERY SHELL: coordinates” in the thread during the Day to use.
This cannonball is not affected by the target’s Items or Abilities. You may fire this cannonball anywhere on the map, even if you have an Ability that limits your range. (No Octillery were harmed in the manufacture of this Item.)

Philosopher's Stone - PM "##USE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE: Item 1, Item 2, etc…" to me Day or Night to use.
Turn any unwanted Items into a random sum of gold. Non-consumable.

Current Coordinates: A6, A7, A8 (Your ship is facing North.)
Current Damage: [X][O][O]
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK is the sole survivor of the Fog Of War!
Username: @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Team: Team 1
Ship: Raider (Size 3)
Ability 1: Hunt - Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Host with the command ##HUNT to move to the nearest available coordinate of a damaged ship. This Ability can’t be used in the same Night Phase that you use the Raid Ability.
Ability 2: Raid - Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Host with the command ##RAID to raid any neighboring ships you are immediately adjacent to. You will obtain a random amount of gold and Items from them. This Ability can’t be used in the same Night Phase that you use the Hunt Ability. If you use this Ability, you can’t fire during the next Day Phase.
Gold: 1110
Items:
Octillery Shell – Post “##FIRE OCTILLERY SHELL: coordinates” in the thread during the Day to use.

Thundershot - Post “##FIRE THUNDERSHOT: coordinates” in the thread during the Day to use.
Any ship you hit with this command can't use the ##FIRE command until the beginning of the next Day Phase.

Midas Cannonball - Post “##FIRE MIDAS CANNONBALL: coordinates” in the thread during the Day to use.
If this cannonball hits a ship, that ship gains 10k gold. If this cannonball hits water, a sunken treasure spawns at that location.

Key to the Seal - Key Item
Allows you to purchase Abilities regardless of their restrictions and discard Abilities which state they can’t be changed. May also open a particular treasure chest. Non-consumable.

Sealed Chest - Key Item
A special chest with an elaborate insignia where the locking mechanism should be. It glows a ghostly green and reacts to the key's presence. Using the Key will destroy it, but allow you to open the chest. Will you use the Key now or save it for later?

Current Coordinates: C5, C6, C7 (Your ship is facing South.)
Current Damage: [O][X][O]
Team 1 is victorious!

fog-of-war-banner.png

Thank you all for playing! And thank you for bearing with me. I know I screwed up more than a few times; I did my best to resolve things as fairly as I could. I just didn't anticipate the level of difficulty in processing everything accurately, so I appreciate your patience if you ever had to ask me twice or remind me of something.

Everyone may now post freely in this thread, and I invite all of you to give feedback! Some of you might feel certain things in the game were overpowered / underpowered. And maybe they were. We can have that discussion. I might be posting a list of all of the Items / Abilities available in the game later if there's any interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.