Finished Fog of War 2 - Game Over - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##FIRE: A8

##FIRE: A6

Thank you :D (was waiting for someone to shoot there for the longest time xD)
Krookodile was baffled and pretty relieved that the captains had apparently dismissed the existence of him from their mind, and had taken up the time to relax with a glass of soft drink. Suddenly, a shot crashed through the deck at A8 and then A6 soon after, sending sprays of splinters scattering across the scene. Jellicent and Hydreigon felt terrific, but I couldn't say the same about Krookodile...

TheFlyingPidove used ##FIRE: L11. It hit nothing but water.
TheAnticipationEevee used ##WHIRL: I11. A Whirlpool Environmental Hazard formed at I11!
??? used an Ability Blocker on thegrovylekid.
Luispipe8 used ##FIRE: U14. It hit nothing but water.
thegrovylekid used ##FIRE: U3. It hit nothing but water.
Keeper of Night used ##FIRE: O4. It hit nothing but water.
Reinforce used ##FIRE: A8. Keeper of Night was damaged!
Plasma Dragon used ##FIREL A6. Keeper of Night was damaged.
0pXfBpQ.png
One player has posted ##DAYEND! If 5 more players post this, the day will end early.

##FIRE: A9
Jellicent smirked, once again outsmarting the other captains and getting them to do most of the work for him. He fired at A9 and brought Krookodile was finally brought down into the depths.

Username: Keeper of Night
Team: Team 2
Ship: Blessed Longship (Size 4)
Ability 1: Favour – Every time you activate an Environmental Condition, you will receive 5000 gold.
Ability 2: *LOCKED* - Unlocked if you activate 5 Environmental Conditions during the game. (This Ability cannot be changed under any circumstances as long as it is LOCKED.)
Gold: 0
Items:
- Midas' Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##CANNONBALL: coordinates. Any ship you hit with this command gains 10k gold. (The Ricochet Ability does not negate this Item’s effect.)
Current Coordinates: A6, A7, A8, A9
Current Damage: [X][X][X][X]

Team 2 has been defeated!

TheAnticipationEevee used ##WHIRL: I11. A Whirlpool Environmental Hazard formed at I11!
Plasma Dragon used ##FIRE: A6. Keeper of Night was damaged.
Reinforce used ##FIRE: A9. Keeper of Night was damaged!
Keeper of Night was sunk by Reinforce!
Reinforce salvaged a Midas Cannonball from Keeper of Night's defeat.
2edipC5.png
Four players have posted ##DAYEND! If 1 more player posts this, the day will end early.

Last edited:
##FIRE:Q6
Pancham took aim and fired at Q6, but as the sun went down, the shot hit the waters with a splash.

Plasma Dragon used ##FIRE: A6. Keeper of Night was damaged.
Reinforce used ##FIRE: A9. Keeper of Night was damaged!
Keeper of Night was sunk by Reinforce!
Reinforce salvaged a Midas Cannonball from Keeper of Night's defeat.
scattered mind used ##FIRE: Q6. It hit nothing but water.
RDwf5Zk.png

I'll be starting Night soon~

Fog Of War - Night 9

RDwf5Zk.png

This phase ends on the 18th of September, 2:00pm GMT by default.
Countdown: [link]

You may:
- Post in this thread during this Night Phase.
- Trade any Items or gold with other players but only in this thread.
- Only PM me with commands for Abilities or Items if said Ability or Item specifies to do this.
- PM me to purchase Items and Abilities (list of available Items and Abilities are below)
- Communicate with your team in your team quicktopic.
- Purchase more than one of the same Item or Ability - eg. You cannot buy 2 Midas' Cannonball.

You may not:
- Use a shooting command during the Night phase.
- Move your ship unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so.

Items and Abilities are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis - I will post a log of purchases and actions at the end of the phase that will look something like this:
??? purchased Midas's Cannonball
??? used ##BOOTLEG and gained 1 Item.
??? purchased Midas' Cannonball - INVALID: Out of stock.
You will be informed of any invalid commands you make before the end of the Night Phase, and any commands you make during the Night Phase will make you appear as ??? in the processing log.

Stock List will look is in the following format:
- (Item/Ability name) - (Item/Ability quantity available) - (Item/Ability Flavour) - (Item/Ability cost)

Purchasable Items:
- Smoke Bomb - 2 - A genius innovation that can be activated to cover your ship with a cloud of smoke, meaning all shots fired at you might just hit a neighboring coordinate. - 4000
- Sounding Scope - 3 1- Using this apparatus, one can send waves of sound across rows or columns, to detect whether a ship (if any) lies on a coordinate of that line. - 2500
- Echo Cannonball - 4 - It's just like a normal cannonball, except that it can detect whether there is a ship in the shot vicinity if it would miss. - 3000
- Fragmentation Cannonball - 2 - On impact, this cannonball will explode into fragments of glass and wood-cutting metal, damaging the shot coordinate and those around it! - 6500
- Homing Cannonball - 3 - This cannonball is embedded with a complex tracking system, so your the shot is guaranteed to hit whoever you choose! The shot will be invisible on the grid-map, however. - 5000
- Chest-in-a-Bottle - 3 - Hide a large portion of your gold in this mysterious bottle to have it passed to a player of your choice, if you accurately predict your misfortune the day following! - 3000

Purchasable Abilities:
- Black Market II - 2 - With just the right connections, you can obtain two random free items or a random quantity of gold, during the Night Phase! - 6000
- Strong Shot - 2 - Charge the power of your cannonballs so that all your shots have an area-of-effect, hitting not only the shot coordinate, but also those around it! This Ability would mean you can only shoot once every other day, however. - 15000
- Richochet II - 1 - With this nifty Ability, you will strengthen your ship's hull so shots may have a 50% chance of bouncing harmlessly off the ship. 10000
- Phantom Veil - 2 - Combine the skills of man and the powers of the spirits to render your ship invincible against most non-traditional cannonballs! - 4500
- Cannon Salvo - 1 - Adding a third cannon to your ship, so you can fire three times during the Day! Three times the power, three times the destruction! - 20000 ~SOLD OUT

Flavour does not provide instructions on how to use Abilities/Items - you will receive those instructions after making your purchase.

Event - Treasure Diving
During this Night Phase, captains have the opportunity to dive for treasure, from gold to rare and valuable Items. The rules have changed a bit since last time, so read up!

- You may dive for treasure and purchase an Item or Ability on the same Night Phase, unlike the previous occasions.
- To dive for treasure, you must PM me ##DIVE: <coordinate>, where this coordinate is anywhere on the grid, since a team of dolphins have come to help out! =D
- Players may choose to team up with other captains and search the same coordinate. Captains who search the same coordinate have more chances at good spoils, however in doing so they will have to split the spoils (evenly or unevenly).
- I have randomly generated various treasure across the 21 by 21 grid. Specific locations may or may not have a greater chance of treasure than others. You are not guaranteed treasure by diving.
- If you search on coordinates of certain Environmental Hazards, you will learn that the particular Environmental Hazard can be found there. This does notwork for ships.
- You will learn if you found any treasure 24 hours before the end of the Night Phase. This allows for 24 hours after to use your spoils.

Event - Whirlpool
There is a whirlpool on the field! It probably will do stuff whirlpools do, like suck ships towards it, so captains beware.

Last edited:
I've extended the deadline by 24 hours since I processed the treasure diving actions late.

Fog Of War - Day 10

??? used ##BOOTLEG. It was successful!
??? used ##DIVE: J6. It was successful!
??? used ##DIVE: G4. It was successful!
??? used ##DIVE: G1. It was successful!
??? used ##DIVE: M8. It was successful!
??? purchased a Sounding Scope and now has 22000 gold.
??? used ##SCOUT.
??? purchased a Sounding Scope and now has 19500 gold.
??? purchased Cannon Salvo and now has 7000 gold.
thegrovylekid collided with the TheFlyingPidove at L11! Both players were damaged.

DionXNW.png

This phase ends on the 22nd of September, 2:00am GMT by default.
Countdown: [link]

You may:
- Fire your cannon at coordinates, unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.
- Trade Items and gold with other players but only in this thread and only if you have not been damaged this Day Phase.
- Shoot other teammates.
- Use Abilities that can be activated during the Day Phase.
- Choose to not shoot at all.
- Choose to not use any commands at all.
- PM me to purchase Items and Abilities (list of available Items and Abilities are below), but only if you have not been damaged this Day Phase.

You may not:
- Move your ship unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so.
- Use the Day End command until I give the a-okay.

During the Day Phase, a variety of Items and Abilities can still be sold! They are still sold on a first-come-first-serve basis, however they will be immediately logged much like using the ##FIRE command. (Any purchases you make will still make you appear as ??? in the processing log.)

Stock List will appear in the following format:
- (Item/Ability name) - (Item/Ability quantity available) - (Item/Ability Flavour) - (Item/Ability cost)

Purchasable Items:
- Smoke Bomb - 2 1 - A genius innovation that can be activated to cover your ship with a cloud of smoke, meaning all shots fired at you might just hit a neighboring coordinate. - 6000
- Echo Cannonball - 5 - It's just like a normal cannonball, except that it can detect whether there is a ship in the shot vicinity if it would miss. - 5000
- Fragmentation Cannonball - 2 - On impact, this cannonball will explode into fragments of glass and wood-cutting metal, damaging the shot coordinate and those around it! - 7000
- Rain Stick - 2 - If you shake this thing, it will activate the Heavy Rains from above (and replace all other Environmental Conditions)! - 1500
- Sounding Scope - 1- Using this apparatus, one can send waves of sound across rows or columns, to detect whether a ship (if any) lies on a coordinate of that line. - 4000

Purchasable Abilities:
- Black Market II - 2 - With just the right connections, you can obtain two random free items or a random quantity of gold, during the Night Phase! - 5000
- Privatise II - 4 - Why bother shoot a ship if you can’t collect all (100%!) of its cargo? Well, with this Ability, you - and your fellow teammates - can! - 2000
- Phantom Veil - 2 - Combine the skills of man and the powers of the spirits to render your ship invincible against most non-traditional cannonballs! - 7500
- Trash Collector - 3 - Under the cover of night, you may choose to investigate the inventory of ships and steal any items that have been sitting there for some time. - 1000

Event - Whirlpool
Suddenly, a loud CRACK! As ships were pulled towards the centre of the whirlpool, thegrovylekid and TheFlyingPidove in their misfortune collided at L11! Because ships have moved towards this whirlpool, a section of the board has been wiped clear of markers.

The whirlpool has remained on the field!

So without further ado, let the fire begin!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back