Finished Fog of War 2 - Game Over - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##ECHO:I4
Pancham was the first to shoot during the day. The shot glinted in the morning sun, but it ultimately hit nothing of interesting. Then, a sharp ping sounded, as information was relayed to Pancham.

scattered mind used ##ECHO: I4. It hit nothing but water.
PXzAjHx.png

##FIRE: M2

##FIRE: L2

So when I run out of cannonballs do I instantly get more? Or do we both have to run out?

##FIRE:K2

##FIRE: M2

##FIRE: L2
Pancham and Hydreigon shot a line of cannonballs across Row 2, but each hit nothing but water. They couldn't be working together, could they?

scattered mind used ##FIRE: K2. It hit nothing but water.
Plasma Dragon used ##FIRE: M2. It hit nothing but water.
Plasma Dragon used ##FIRE: L2. It hit nothing but water.
8FyMmX6.png

So when I run out of cannonballs do I instantly get more? Or do we both have to run out?
When you both run out.

##FRAGSHELL: N2

Mwhahahaha!!!

Taste shrapnel!

"Aha! Gotcha!" said Hydreigon in glee. He had managed to pull off a series of lucky scouts and was pretty certain that his final foe lurked by N2. "Fire the Frag Shell at N2!"

Pancham could only stare in shock as the shell came hurtling towards him. Not even his sly tricks could save him this time...

Username: scattered mind
Team: Team 3
Ship: Sailboat (Size 2)
Ability 1: War Outfit - During the Day Phase, you may fire twice.
Ability 2: Phantom Veil - This ship does not take damage from any shooting command except ##FIRE or ##SHELL or ##SHELL hybrids.
Gold: 1450
Items:
- Midas' Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##CANNONBALL: coordinates. Any ship you hit with this command gains 10k gold. (The Ricochet Ability does not negate this Item’s effect.)
Current Coordinates: M4, M5
Current Damage: [X][X]

Team 3 has been defeated!

scattered mind used ##FIRE: K2. It hit nothing but water.
Plasma Dragon used ##FIRE: M2. It hit nothing but water.
Plasma Dragon used ##FIRE: L2. It hit nothing but water.
Plasma Dragon used ##FRAGSHELL: N2. scattered mind was damaged!
scattered mind was sunk by Plasma Dragon.
Plasma Dragon salvaged a Midas' Cannonball and 725 gold from scattered mind's defeat.
tZi6sHV.png

Hydriegon has survived the Fog of War! A double feat, as an Independent! This was his ship:
Username: Plasma Dragon
Team: Independent
Ship: The Mother Nature (Size 3) – This is a special ship and cannot have its Abilities changed under any circumstances.
Ability 1: Strongboat – This ship is unaffected by Environmental Conditions and Environmental Hazards.
Ability 2: Gift of Nature – Once during each Night Phase, you may PM the Host the command ##SUMMON: coordinates. If no ships are on this coordinate, a random invisible Environmental Hazard or select Random Event will be generated at these coordinates (if applicable).
Ability 3: Cannon Salvo - During the Day Phase, you may fire three times.
Gold: 3040
Items:
- Fragmentation Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##FRAG: coordinates. This shot has an area-effect, which means it will damage the coordinate and all coordinates adjacent to it (excluding diagonals).
- Midas' Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##CANNONBALL: coordinates. Any ship you hit with this command gains 10k gold. (The Ricochet Ability does not negate this Item’s effect.)
- Purging Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##PURGE: coordinates. If you don’t hit a ship with this shot, all Environmental Hazards within a 1-point radius from wherever this shot landed will be destroyed.
- Rocky Cannonball - During the Day Phase, instead of using the command ##FIRE: coordinates to shoot another ship, you may use the command ##ROCK: coordinates. If you don’t hit a ship or Environmental Hazard with this shot, a rock will be generated from wherever this shot landed.
Current Coordinates: A8, A9, A10
Current Damage: [X][X][ ]
Congratulations Plasma Dragon on winning Fog of War 2!

So, I'm just going to drop a few of my thoughts here.

- Obviously, this game ended up running for quite a long time! In the first Fog of War, a 25 by 25 map ended after eight days, while in this game, a 21 by 21 (and later, 15 by 15) map ended in over double that. I think that if Fog of War is to be hosted again, this definitely needs to be kept in mind.

- Another thing that I noticed was that players often needed some form of encouragement to try out the events or purchase Abilities or Items. It was a learning experience for me as a host in that regard.

- Big thankyou for those who remained active throughout the entire game! Shoutout to @TheAnticipationEevee for reaching page 9 in our Fog of War Conversation, after xDoggerx had to sub out. =P

- I did try keeping everything in one master document, but I eventually didn't bother updating it as the game went on. Too much effort for too little a reward.

- I hope you all enjoyed playing! I probably won't be hosting a Fog of War anytime soon, and I think the game deserves a break for the while. Perhaps someone else would like to host Fog of War 3 in a year or so?

Anyways, here's the Master Docs and QuickTopic links:

- Master Doc
- Actions Doc
- Final Board State
- Team QuickTopics - 1, 2, 3, 4
- Deadchat

(Everyone can post now. :p )

Last edited:
Good game, everyone! I really enjoyed playing, even if I did end up being killed for a while. At the very least, I completely blew up Mordacazir when I died.

That was a tone of fun!

Thanks @bbninjas for hosting!

I was really surprised that I didn't get blown up earlier and that I won without a team xD

ARGG!! Geoswitch!!! :( I was so close to winning!! ARG!! :(

You were close to getting me (I was so worried about using Geoswitch due to the fact that if you remembered your coords and got up early you could have shot me easily. But to be honest I forgot my own coords right after using it xD).

Also@bbninjas could you please tag/msg/post on my profile next time you host a game? I might be interested it joining it :D

I loved this game! The scheduling was top notch, the action was intense, and I enjoyed the communication with my team, no matter how limited it was! I'd totally play in a third iteration of this. :U

That was a tone of fun!

Thanks @bbninjas for hosting!

I was really surprised that I didn't get blown up earlier and that I won without a team xD

“Route Info. If you don’t want to be evicted, then head over to when I was evicted.”

You were close to getting me (I was so worried about using Geoswitch due to the fact that if you remembered your coords and got up early you could have shot me easily. But to be honest I forgot my own coords right after using it xD).

Also@bbninjas could you please tag/msg/post on my profile next time you host a game? I might be interested it joining it :D

I didn't know what it did (I didn't play Fog of War #1 and it wasn't in the shop here), so you had that going for you :p

It won't work season 3 ;)

Last edited:
I didn't know what it did (I didn't play Fog of War #1 and it wasn't in the shop here), so you had that going for you :p

It won't work season 3 ;)

Well you won (getting 1-4 on the list counts as winning to me xP) so many TCG cups here on Pokebeach I thought I'd give you a run for your money! =D

season 3 will be fun!

GG everyone! That was a very long game. Plasma Dragon, what a champ! Playing this game without a team was really hard for me, and you did it from the start until the very end. ;)

'T wasss a very fun game BB!
Too bad TGK and I both got obliterated though. :L
I sure love whirlpools and OP items.. :K

Oh, and congratz Plasma Dragon!~

Well done, everyone! :D This looked like it went really great for everyone involved, I'm really happy to see that with Fog of War.

bbninjas, good work with the hosting! Fog of War is tough to manage but it's been a great read as a spectator.

Also, are the team quicktopic links nonexistent in that final game post? The numbers have no URLs.

I'm happy with how this game has been iterated and I'm keen to see how it changes again when it gets hosted again (by bbninjas or anyone else). More feedback/postgame chatting -> more iterations -> better & more games -> the cycle repeats. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back