Focusing on One!!??

Clmnt_86

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing Gyarados for quite a time, and have been to top-cut during CC, and other tournament.

However, my friends have commented that Gyarados is a simple deck that is not suitable to be played in Master Division. But that's my favorite deck and the only deck that I can play nicely.

So, I was wonder, is it important that having multiple of decks, and playing with different strategies? Gyarados is simple and easily master, that's why I like it.

having a couple of decks always help,so i suggest you get into other decks as well.

Well I'd say sometimes you might wanna experiment other big decks so you know what their weaknesses and strengths are. That way you play a variety of decks and can still get better at that Gyarados deck of yours against certain decks as you know how to play around them. :)

I'm in sort of the same boat, been playing Gyarados and doing quite well since September, however I do feel like I should try other stuff, so I have put together a bunch of other decks but ended up only playing a few games with them and then deconstructing them and going back to Gyarados xD I just feel comfortable.

Alakapimp said:
I'm in sort of the same boat, been playing Gyarados and doing quite well since September, however I do feel like I should try other stuff, so I have put together a bunch of other decks but ended up only playing a few games with them and then deconstructing them and going back to Gyarados xD I just feel comfortable.

Yeah. Same goes here. I tried couple of decks, but I can seems to feel good using the decks, instead, I still feel much comfortable using Gyarados.

INFERNAPE112892 said:
Gyrados is fun and simple but u need to learn multiple decks other wise what u gonna do when he rotates

Go to Donphan, like anyone else in love with Speed decks? Lol. Nonono, I would try other things. I would try an stage 2 deck, and an SP deck. That way, you have a feel for every stage of deck there is, and can choose what you like best.

^If you go to league then you might should play a deck other than gyaradose everytime you go, soon you will begin to start liking a different deck (eventually). this doesn't mean Gyara is a bad choice, its just good to know other decks becouse it makes it easyer to win against them or using them! :D

It's OK to like one deck type. I see it a lot in Magic: The Gathering where people stick to one color.

I think a lot of times, a player can do significantly better with a style of deck that matches how they work than trying to figure out how to play something that's really counterintuitive to their style. (I find an interesting indication of this in my area where everyone sits on the same three or four SP decks. I can't wait for HGSS to break that up a bit)

Still, you should try to play other decks every once in a while. This breaks up the monotiny of playing the same deck over and over and like everyone else said, lets you figure out how to play around certain decks that give you trouble. (I've been playing SP lately for this reason, even though I hate it)

My last suggestion is to go Rogue. All meta decks started as rogue, and it's OK to take a dive into the rogue box every once in a while. You may come up with something. Try it, and stick with it. This is how I got to the burmy deck I'm running right now.

Back