• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flyphlosion [Flygon RR Typhlosion Prime]

vareki

just a little weird
Pokemon 24

3-2-2/1 Typhlosion Prime/HGSS
2-1-2 Flygon RR
2-2 Ninetales HGSS
1-0-1 Nidoqueen RR
1-1 Blaziken FB Lv X
2 Spiritomb AR
1 Chatot MD

T/S/S 22

2 Broken Time Space
1 Stark Mountain
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
3 PONT
2 Copycat
1 Twins
1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Expert Belt

Energy 14

11 Fire Energy
1 Psychic Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Using Typhlosion Prime's Poke-Power 'Afterburner' to quickly charge powerful main attackers Flygon and Typhlosion HGSS (and in some cases Nidoqueen). Can also be used as an Energy disrupter, especially against decks that rely heavily on Rescue Energy to retrieve downed attackers.

Flygon provides free retreat to my Fire Pokemon and can launch 60-130 damage attacks within two turns of it hitting the field. Typhlosion HGSS provides solid 120 hits turn by turn once my field is set up

The lack of Uxie is somewhat intentional, so that I can learn to play without relying on it again, since its removal from the metagame is inevitable.

All Comments and Rates are appreciated

I like the idea of your deck but I think that there are a few changes which could make things run much more smoothly.

First off, I think that Flygon needs to be replaced with something more like Typhlosion HGSS. Typhlosion really benefits from Afterburner; it can do a lot of damage consistently because it gets the energy back from the discard pile. Flygon, however, doesn't really gain much of an advantage from Afterburner. All Flygon does is get energized faster (which is not necessarily a good thing because you will have less evolutions out earlier in the game).

Maybe try Magcargo UD instead of Flygon? Magcargo's attack makes good use of Afterburner and can do decent damage early on. It also frees up some Rare Candies to be used on Typhlosion to get Afterburner set up faster.

As for your starters, Spiritomb can be good if you start with enough basic Pokemon. So I would add another Pokemon Collector just to have a better chance of using Spiritomb to it's fullest potential. As far as Chatot is concerned, I would just focus on Spiritomb so that we can adjust our trainers with regards to only one starter instead of two.

For your trainers, I would add some Engineer's Adjustments. They seem like a perfect fit for Afterburner. Maybe get rid of the Palmer's Contribution because you already have Afterburner and Rescue Energy to keep things out of the discard pile. Lose the Stark Mountain because we need space for other cards. Remove a Bebe's search due to Spiritomb and Pokemon Collector already getting all of your cards for you. And finally, cut one of either Professor Oak's New Theory or Copycat. Just take out whichever one you like the least.

List of changes:
+3 Magcargo UD
+3 Slugma UD
+2 Engineer's Adjustments
+1 Spiritomb AR
+1 Pokemon Collector

-2 Flygon RR
-1 Vibrava
-2 Trapinch
-1 Chatot
-1 Palmer's Contribution
-1 Stark Mountain
-1 Bebe's Search
-1 Professor Oak's New Theory / Copycat

With these changes, your deck is more reliant upon getting Afterburner quickly set up but your deck also benefits more from having it set up.

Back