• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Flygon EX / Hydreigon

Ndless

Aspiring Trainer
Total (57)

Pokemon (13):

• 4 Flygon EX (XY Promo)
  • 3-1-3 Hydreigon (LTR/DRX)
  • 2 Victini (NVI)
Trainer/Supporter/Stadium (32):
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy (12):
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy
  • 2 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

I wanted to build a deck that focused around the new Flygon Ex promo. The Hydreigon allow the special energies to be transferred around for safety, to use max potion with no draw back, and it can act as a secondary attacker if needed. The Victini allows for coin flip retries for Flygon's attack. Fairy Garden allows free retreats with the special energies. And I think the rest is fairly standard (draw, search, hit harder).

The deck is missing three cards and I'm not sure what to add. I feel like there could be a few more tech Pokemon I could find, or I could just fill it in with more trainers. With Flygon's ability I'm not set on keeping the Lysandre, but I feel like it could come in handy. Maybe I could use Escape rope or switch instead, or something else entirely.

This deck is just for fun and I'd like to build it irl, so I'd like to keep any suggestions on a budget. Any help would be appreciated.

This deck seems really interesting. I'm not an experienced tournament player, mind you, but I still think that this could be a really good deck if the strategy works out. A good idea might be to use Jirachi EX from Plasma Blast to get supporters quickly or put in Landorus from Furious Fist for Energy acceleration. I suggest using 1 Jirachi EX and 2 Landorus, because of the budget reasons you mentioned, or if you only want cards from X&Y onwards, skip the Jirachi and just use 3 Landorus. Another option (although maybe an odd one) might be to include Solrock from Primal Clash, since he lets you search your deck for 2 Special Energy cards, which is seemingly crucial for your strategy to work out (since Hydreigon can't really attack with your lineup of basic Energy cards).

Remember, this is coming from someone who DOESN'T play competitively, so take everything I said with a grain of salt.
I hope I could at least give you some ideas that are worth considering. :)

I like the Solrock idea. That would probably help out a lot.

I don't think the Landorus would be that helpful since I'm not running that many basic energies and even less fighting ones, and Jirachi is a little out of my price range.

if you wish to take out lysandres, then your only real enemy will be silent lab. If you wanted, you could replace the lysandres with shadow circles or mountain rings to protect your benched deinos. Also, take out the trump card. It got banned on the 15th. And maybe throw in a xerosic because the toad matchup will kill you a little bit. but other than that, one more vs seeker and max out your trainer's mails and I think that it would look pretty good.

Replace Lysandre's Trump with Sacred Ash. It's such a useful card to replace LTC. You might even went to run 2 copies of it. It's great early if you have to discard some Pokemon early and late game when many of your Pokemon are ko'd/discarded.

For the 3 cards, 2 more Ultra Ball is a must. Searching for Pokemon is so good even if you have to discard 2 cards. The last one could be maybe a Xerosic. It's such a versatile card and should be a staple in every deck. Another VS Seeker may also be benifitial. I run at least 3 in my decks now and it makes a huge difference. Definitely something to consider.

How does this sound?

-1 Trump
-2 Lysandre

+1 Solrock
+1 VS Seeker
+1 Sacred Ash
+1 Trainer's Mail
+2 Ultra Ball

Did you consider running at least 1 Hydreigon EX (ROS) whose Ability will give all your Dragon type CC-less Retreat Cost? By doing so, you could run a different Stadium and not give your opponent's Fairy Poké any advantage with your current Stadium.

Secondly, Hydreigon EX's Shred attack gets thru any efects on your opponent's active Poké too; so, your opponent can't "wall" you with his/her Safeguard'ing Poké.

That would probably be a better option than the Solrock. Still not sure what to trade out for it though. I'd probably run the Shadow Circle if I did that.

Back