• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Fluffy Chomp (Garchomp / Altaria)

MEEZ

Aspiring Trainer
Please review and criticize this list

Pokemon: 17
  • 4 Gible
  • 3 Gabite
  • 4 Garchomp
  • 3 Swalbu
  • 3 Altaria
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 3 Wally
  • 4 N
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Training Center
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy: 10
  • 5 Fighting Energy
  • 1 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

With fluffy chomp getting up a gabite on turn one or two is imparative, gabite drives this deck. On turn two or three (depending on if you got a turn one wally) get a garchomp don't use a rare candy at this stage of the game you need to use as many dragon calls as posible. after you have 1 or 2 garchomp up you can focus a little more on the altaria. late game make sure you always either have an extra garchomp on the bench or a way to get one next turn, and when one gets knocked out super rod the whole line back in, trump card if you lose 2 or more. Never use dragon blade unless it will change the number of hits to knock out.

Last edited:
Looks like you forgot Swablu, but using the power of common sense, I figure you play three. Way back when I played this deck at Cities last year, I found that Altaria wasn't all that necessary since Mach Cut with a Silver Bangle could 2HKO everything in format, and so I just played it as Quad Garchomp. I guess now that's no longer the case, but now that we have Double Dragon Energy, it makes Dragon Blade a lot more viable since you are still able to 2HKO the bigger 230 HP Megas. I might play around with the six additional spaces that cutting the Altaria line would provide you with. Also, could you please update your thread with a Strategy? Especially since this is an older deck, and not as many will be familiar with it. Thanks!

With fluffy chomp getting up a gabite on turn one or two is imparative, gabite drives this deck. On turn two or three (depending on if you got a turn one wally) get a garchomp don't use a rare candy at this stage of the game you need to use as many dragon calls as posible. after you have 1 or 2 garchomp up you can focus a little more on the altaria. late game make sure you always either have an extra garchomp on the bench or a way to get one next turn, and when one gets knocked out super rod the whole line back in, trump card if you lose 2 or more. Never use dragon blade unless it will change the number of hits to knock out.

I think Mora meant update in the OP :p

As for the deck, I think 3 Rare Candy is a bit too much, considering Seismitoad-EX and Trevenant (and maybe Vileplume in the future) are a thing, and that you want to use Dragon Call as much as possible.

Back