• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flash Flood Warning (M Gyarados-EX / Golduck BREAK)

PatriciaWagon22

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon [19]
  • 2 Golduck BREAK [Breakpoint 18]
  • 2 Golduck [Breakpoint 17]
  • 2 Psyduck [Breakpoint 16]
  • 3 MGyarados-EX [Breakpoint 27]
  • 3 Gyarados-EX [Breakpoint 26]
  • 1 Manaphy-EX [Breakpoint 32]
  • 2 Palkia-EX [Breakpoint 31]
  • 2 Regice [Ancient Origins 24]
  • 1 Remoraid [BREAKthrough 31]
  • 1 Octillery [BREAKthrough 33]
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums [30]
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Town Map
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 3 Gyarados Spirit Link
Energy [11]
  • 2 Splash Energy [Breakpoint 113]
  • 9 Water Energy [Basic Energy]

I would recommend 2 jirachixy67. You lose to Night March otherwise

I played this deck when Breakpoint came out, the idea is perfect!, but reality hits you hard since it takes too many turns to evolve gyarados, evolve golduck and set up palkia. I run two gyarados, two megas, two plakias, one manaphy, one jirachi stardust, two regice, and 2 shaymins. mix it up with max elixers and 12 energies plus one double colorsless and it runs just fine. Finished 1st in one of my league challenges, of course got lucky against night march sincce this deck requires at least 2 turns

I have played M-Gyarados for months so I've tried many combinations, and evolve the Golduck Break and charge the M-Gyarados is too slow. If you keep trying with Golduck Break, try some of this:

- 4 Max Elixir
- 3 Skylas to seek for the stadiums, dive ball, Max Elixir or spirit links (This deck relies on items more than Support, so beware with item lockers).
- Go with a pair of N. Sometimes you'll need a hand change, and Octillery will refill your hand when you have taken many prizes.
- Maybe 2-3 more basic energy to hit them with the Max Elixirs and play 1 less Palkia. And no Splash Energies.

Back