• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flareon's Revenge (Flareon)

Jareth43

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon
  • Eevee (signs of Evolution)
  • 4 Flareon (plasma)
  • 2 Leafeon (plasma)
  • 4 Audino
  • 2 Exeggcute
  • 2 Emolga

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 4 Cheren
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Cassius
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Bands
  • 1 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Level Ball

Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Fire
  • 3 Grass

Strategy

Flareon Revenge. Power up the Flareons by discarding as many pokemon as possible, using Comp search, ultra ball, Juniper and Audino's busy body.
Emolga is there as a preferential stater, call for family allowing easier set up of Eevees, and extra pokemon to have in the discard doesn't hurt either. Exeggcute is the same deal, and propogation if I have no pokemon to discard for search.
Cassius is a new addition, the intent is to remove the inevitable Exeggute/Audino starter from the feild so I can discard them. Haven't play tested him though.

In general, fun deck to play, reasonably consistent, however it is utterly destroyed by darkrai variants with hammers. The fastest/easiest way to set up a Flareon relies on DCE, which is simple for hammers to deal with. Manual attaching basic energy is too slow to be effective.
I am toying with the idea of adding Plasma energy and 1-2 colress machines, but I am unsure of what to take out, or if they are going to be effective.

Any thoughts/opinions are welcome

RE: Flareon Revenge

I would definitely not play Exeggcute and max out Emolga. You don't want to start with Exeggcute. Not worth it... Relying on Cassius to get your STARTER out sound pretty damn ridiculous. It will probably be long dead by when you can and can afford to play it. You should play a bench protecting Mr. Mime.

Personally I used to play Empoleon/Flareon, it was a fun deck.

Okay, so;
-2 Exeggcute
+2 Emolga

-1 Cassius
adding in what in exchange?

Take the Grass as well and add 2 1-1 lines of Zoroark, Drifloon. Garbodor and/or Raichu, for versatility and for discard fodder.

@Luispipe8,

Just out of curiosity, what sets are the Zoroark and Drifloon from. Pretty sure Garbodor is from DRX and Raichu is from XY, right? I ask because I'm thinking of building this deck as one of my many fun decks to play at league meetings. It seems like an interesting concept and can seemingly be able to make very versatile changes. Maybe even a Weavile PLF could splash in somewhere to get Pokemon in the discard pile early. I dunno, just something to think about. Granted you would have to run dark energy over fire and grass but considering Leafeon only needs 1 colorless energy to use energy crush and you'll mostly be powering up Flareon with DCE's anyway, it may be an option.

Hope this helps,
LoneWolf2113

I feel as if you do need more Pokemon in your line-up. I say this because it seems you want your main win condition to be knocking things out with Flareon and with only 18 Pokemon it may be hard to get that crucial one turn knockout you need (need at least 13 with muscle band and 15 without). Also, unless everyone around you plays Accelgor variants, you may want to cut down your Audino numbers to 1 or 2 because there a lot better tech cards you can play in this deck than Audino (Garbodor / Raichu). If Darkrai decks are giving you a hard time, you may want to consider playing 1 or 2 Terrakion. Terrakion's attack, Retaliate can kill Darkrai in one shot if one of your Pokemon was knocked out the previous turn. If you decide you want to add in Terrakion, you will probably have to change your energy line-up to something like 4 DCE and 5 Fighting, which is fine because none of the main attackers require specific colored energy to do their attacks. Hope this helps!

TTeMingyu said:
I feel as if you do need more Pokemon in your line-up. I say this because it seems you want your main win condition to be knocking things out with Flareon and with only 18 Pokemon it may be hard to get that crucial one turn knockout you need (need at least 13 with muscle band and 15 without). Also, unless everyone around you plays Accelgor variants, you may want to cut down your Audino numbers to 1 or 2 because there a lot better tech cards you can play in this deck than Audino (Garbodor / Raichu). If Darkrai decks are giving you a hard time, you may want to consider playing 1 or 2 Terrakion. Terrakion's attack, Retaliate can kill Darkrai in one shot if one of your Pokemon was knocked out the previous turn. If you decide you want to add in Terrakion, you will probably have to change your energy line-up to something like 4 DCE and 5 Fighting, which is fine because none of the main attackers require specific colored energy to do their attacks. Hope this helps!

audino is just easy as it discards from the hand. There are a lot of decks running hypno lasers in my area so it gets a lot of value.

More pokemon, sure I agree with that. But can you explain why Riachu/Garbodor? They seem difficult to use, and more difficult to discard. This deck is already having difficulty discarding select cards (i.e just the pokemon) with out junipering away useful trainers.

As for Darkrai decks, Darkrai its self isn't really the problem. The issue is the hammers as DCE is critical to the deck. However I like the idea of the Terrakion tech so I'll add it and play test this weekend.

What I would do is add a 2-2 line of Raichu and then 2-2 Zoroark (with the attack that copies their attacks). Raichu annihilates Yveltal, and Zoroark can be very, very powerful in the right situations. Copying night spear, or maybe even a Black Ballista. You can also copy Y-cyclone... The list does on. Very versatile.

Emolga just isn't very good at all with the new rules, and if we just add all kinds of attackers in here, you won't need to have any Emolga. Also, only run 1 Exeggcute, if any.

Then there's Audino. You want to have 2 of him maximum. Any more and you'll just start with it and that sucks. And it sucks to suck, really.

Cheren needs to go; he is simply not a powerful enough supporter to warrant the deck space. He can be taken out for better stuff.

Drifblim is very nice. VERY nice. Granted, in some matchups (like blastiose) he is literally discard fodder, but against plasma you'll giggle a bit inside when you hit a Deoxys for 500+ damage. And with this dude should come an enhanced hammer or two.

Terrakion is also another good card for here. It scares Darkrai to no end, and they'll sometimes just not attack if they know you can get the retaliate off next turn.

Now let's play the decklist change game:

-2 Audino
-2 Exeggcute
-2 Emolga
-4 Cheren
-1 Cassius
-3 Fire
-3 Grass

+2 Colress
+1 Level Ball
+2-2 Raichu (4)
+1-1 Zoroark (2)
+1-1 Drifblim (2)
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+1 Super Rod
+1 Terrakion
+4 Fighting

That's my best suggestion. It's tough to fit in the second Zoroark, but feel free to try, it can certainly be done. There just has to be room for the Hammer. The Super Rod may seem counter-productive, but with all the 1-ofs and so few energy, it's good to have one around just in case. I'd also reccomend dowsing machine over comp search in here. Good luck!

I i were you, i'd play Cofagrigus ( plasma freeze) with six feet under ability. It makes Cofagrigus KO but doing damage in the same time.

Ghost_master200 said:
I i were you, i'd play Cofagrigus ( plasma freeze) with six feet under ability. It makes Cofagrigus KO but doing damage in the same time.

That's it's own deck entirely. Not neccesarily a bad deck by any means, but it certainly is a completely different deck.

-4 Cheren
-2 Leafeon
-3 Fire energy
-3 grass energy
-1 Silver Bangle

+2 Deoxys EX
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1-1 Electrode (magnetic draw)
+4 Plasma Energy
+1 Colress Machine
+2 Psychic Energy
+1 Professor's Letter

Deoxys EX > Leafeon because of a few things: similar attack, bumps up Flareon's damage output to help get those 2HKO plus you need something that can take a 100+ damage attack - a little extra survivability. Electrode acts as your bicycle or discard fodder. It can easily be switched out for another 1-1 tech or more draw supporters that aren't named Cheren (Cheren is very underwhelming in this format) Mewtwo EX is another beefy pokemon that can be played on the fly with DCE and deal quick damage when you haven't got a Flareon set up. You could play 2 Colress Machine but it would require testing. My reasoning for 1 Colress Machine is because 4 out of your 6 targets are a stage 1 which you won't always be able to play meaning Colress might potentially clog your hand.

OblivionDvdr said:
What I would do is add a 2-2 line of Raichu and then 2-2 Zoroark (with the attack that copies their attacks). Raichu annihilates Yveltal, and Zoroark can be very, very powerful in the right situations. Copying night spear, or maybe even a Black Ballista. You can also copy Y-cyclone... The list does on. Very versatile.

Emolga just isn't very good at all with the new rules, and if we just add all kinds of attackers in here, you won't need to have any Emolga. Also, only run 1 Exeggcute, if any.

Then there's Audino. You want to have 2 of him maximum. Any more and you'll just start with it and that sucks. And it sucks to suck, really.

Cheren needs to go; he is simply not a powerful enough supporter to warrant the deck space. He can be taken out for better stuff.

Drifblim is very nice. VERY nice. Granted, in some matchups (like blastiose) he is literally discard fodder, but against plasma you'll giggle a bit inside when you hit a Deoxys for 500+ damage. And with this dude should come an enhanced hammer or two.

Terrakion is also another good card for here. It scares Darkrai to no end, and they'll sometimes just not attack if they know you can get the retaliate off next turn.

Now let's play the decklist change game:

-2 Audino
-2 Exeggcute
-2 Emolga
-4 Cheren
-1 Cassius
-3 Fire
-3 Grass

+2 Colress
+1 Level Ball
+2-2 Raichu (4)
+1-1 Zoroark (2)
+1-1 Drifblim (2)
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+1 Super Rod
+1 Terrakion
+4 Fighting

That's my best suggestion. It's tough to fit in the second Zoroark, but feel free to try, it can certainly be done. There just has to be room for the Hammer. The Super Rod may seem counter-productive, but with all the 1-ofs and so few energy, it's good to have one around just in case. I'd also reccomend dowsing machine over comp search in here. Good luck!

So The current rebuild is as follows (using what cards I have available)
4 Eevee (signs of Evolution)
4 Flareon (plasma)
2 Leafeon (plasma)
4 Audino
2 Terrakion
2-2 Raichu (I figured out why this is so good)
4 Emolga

TSS, I dropped the Skyla's, cassius and the energy. I've gone to 4 Fighting energy.
( I Dont have the deck with me to double check but I believe those are all the changes. Will repost later with proper updated deck list.)

My biggest issue is sourcing the cards. I like the idea of the Zoroark and would drop the emolga's for a 2-2 line. I don't like 1of in decks, leaves you too open for issues if its prized.

Funnily enough this was built as an answer to VirizGen, which was dominating in my league for a while. But I have too much fun playing it to stop now.

I feel like emolga is just a waste of space. Since emolga cant attack turn 1 its sort of pointless imo. It should be some other tech. I feel like Drifblim is just overall better than 4 emolga.

Drifblim is for Plasma
Terrakion for Darkrai
Raichu for Yveltal
Flareon for VirGen
Leafeon for Blastoise

Granted i think Drifblim can be played around, its still pretty great if you can hit for 70 for no energy or even 50 for each special energy in the discard.

Fairy is something you will have issues with, though the is just another tech based deck atm.

Also, I've found that 4 Audino is unneccesary. 2 should be just fine, that way you can add in a 1-1 Drifblim line or something like that.

I don't mean to give you mixed signals here, but I've been playing with this deck myself recently. As I have found, Zoroark isn't bad by any means; he's just situational. He wrecks BKEX, and it is nice to be able to steal some fun attacks here and there, but I think that Zoroark should be played as a 1-1 line.

I have also found that I don't like Terrakion in here very much, I actually prefer stunfisk. He makes for a great starter, and while he won't get the OHKO on Darkrai, he'll leave a big dent. Just food for thought here.

I've been thinking about this deck as well recently. Since plasma and yveltal have been big in the recent tournaments in my area. Though theres only like 1 blastoise deck and 0 VirGen. I think im the only player that ever plays virizion ex, which i just find weird. Anyway there are also a ton of fairy decks, but its usually played by children that i can usually just out play with my beedrill deck. I feel like it shouldnt be a problem with this deck as well. That and i think i have all the cards for it. Either way my current deck build.
Pokemon: 24
4-4-2 Flareon-Leafeon
3-3 Raichu
2-1-1 Drifblim (DRX-PLB)
2 Terrakion
1 Sawk
1 Audino

Trainer: 26
4 Prof Juniper
3 N
3 Shauna
2 Colress
4 Ultra Ball
1 Level Ball
3 Silver Bangle
2 Escape Rope
1 Float Stone
2 Frozen City
1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 10
6 Fighting
4 DCE

I'm not entirely sure about the deck build atm. I wonder how good frozen city will actually be in this deck. It can hurt my deck quite a bit. But i probably wont play it unless its against Blastoise, but with only 1 Blastoise deck it seems almost a waste. Though that deck has 3 Tropical Beach. If i can wait out 2 of the Beaches Hitting the discard, I basically win the match. But then again 1 could do the same thing. The 1 float stone is for the free retreat and to force the 1 tool scrapper out that are in most decks here. For some reason there are very little garbodors out there now. I think i saw only 1 the last 2 or 3 tournaments i went to.

But either way, maybe this can help with your process in editing your deck.

Ivy_Profen said:
I've been thinking about this deck as well recently. Since plasma and yveltal have been big in the recent tournaments in my area. Though theres only like 1 blastoise deck and 0 VirGen. I think im the only player that ever plays virizion ex, which i just find weird. Anyway there are also a ton of fairy decks, but its usually played by children that i can usually just out play with my beedrill deck. I feel like it shouldnt be a problem with this deck as well. That and i think i have all the cards for it. Either way my current deck build.
Pokemon: 24
4-4-2 Flareon-Leafeon
3-3 Raichu
2-1-1 Drifblim (DRX-PLB)
2 Terrakion
1 Sawk
1 Audino

Trainer: 26
4 Prof Juniper
3 N
3 Shauna
2 Colress
4 Ultra Ball
1 Level Ball
3 Silver Bangle
2 Escape Rope
1 Float Stone
2 Frozen City
1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 10
6 Fighting
4 DCE

I'm not entirely sure about the deck build atm. I wonder how good frozen city will actually be in this deck. It can hurt my deck quite a bit. But i probably wont play it unless its against Blastoise, but with only 1 Blastoise deck it seems almost a waste. Though that deck has 3 Tropical Beach. If i can wait out 2 of the Beaches Hitting the discard, I basically win the match. But then again 1 could do the same thing. The 1 float stone is for the free retreat and to force the 1 tool scrapper out that are in most decks here. For some reason there are very little garbodors out there now. I think i saw only 1 the last 2 or 3 tournaments i went to.

But either way, maybe this can help with your process in editing your deck.

I've played this deck with Frozen city, and its not really useful. There is no real value to it, beyond discarding opponents stadiums. It can also hurt your techs as well.

my current deck build is

4-4-2 Flareon Leafeon
2 Audino
2 Emolga
2-2 Raichu
2 Terrakion
2-2 Zoroark (on the way)

4 Juniper
4 N
1 Cheren
2 Colress
3 Muscle bands
2 Catcher
1 Silver Bangle
4 Ultra Ball
2 Switch
1 Comp Search

4 DCE
5 Fighting

Emolga I still like as it makes my set up so much easier. Call for family is underrated imo. The lack of a first turn attack is only an issue against fluffychomp which out paces my set up. Most other decks are slow enough to not really be concerned. That is atleast how it is in my play group.

I understand drifblim, however plasma has more or less died out in my area, and darkarai yvetal is dominating. Fairies is a problem, and I was thinking of adding a Cobalion EX and swapping the fighting energy for Blend WFLM. But I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

idk if i would want to add an Ex to this deck. Granted it will help against Xerneas. But most Fairy decks are all tech as well. So its basically just tech vs tech. The only thing is Fairy decks are mainly Big Basic techs while flareon is a combination of basic and stage 1s. But Cobalion does discard special energy so that is a plus. Though it will never be able to OHKO Xerneas Ex or otherwise because its other attack isnt affected by resistance or weakness. So its rather meh. But its better than the alternatives. But Cobalion from NV isn't too bad. Energy Press would surely knock out Xerneas Ex when its fully charged and it can do some decent damage to the reg Xerneas as well.

Either way, im trying to decide if Enhanced Hammers are worthy of a spot in this deck considering the support of Plasma pokemon here. Since the majority of players who placed highest in my area are plasma. Though Lugia and Thundurus are already fully countered in this deck already, with balloons, it also counters Deoxys pretty heavily. The only thing the deck really has to worry about is Kyurem or Snorlax, which for some reason is heavily played regardless of the high cost in energy.

Also as good as you think emolga is, i imagine pokemon fan club is going to be just better. Since it doesnt force you to use an attack and a bench slot on emola. Allowing you to use eevee's attack to grab evolutions while still being able to fill your bench. Though yes to be fair you will have to use your supporter per turn. Being able to use that supporter mid game rather than having to give away a free prize with emolga and not taking a prize, just seems overall better. Not to mention these basic pokemon dont have to go on your bench and can be then Ultra balled away for additional Flareon damage.

Hmm, intereseting.

All the builds I have seen for fairies is basically a different skin klingklang rebuild, although they are all missing the Max Potions. But they haven't been difficult to deal with. Cobalion was just another tech idea. NVI/LTR non Ex version could be interesting. Just slow to set up, and fairies *should* out pace me.

I very seriously considered enhanced hammers. In the end I decided against as the major decks I am worried about don't run enough special energy to be worth it. If plasma is a common match up for you, then it would be well worth finding space for 1-2, to deal with the plasma energy and slow their attacks.

Back