• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flare Blitz (Entei EX-ninetales)

Giantoshawott

Shining arceus in bw 6. A dream come true.
Might try this out at league. Here it is:

Pokemon- 11
3 Entei EX DE
1-1 ninetails HS
1 Smeargle COL
2 Mewtwo EX
3-1-2 typhlosion

TSS- 38
3 EXP. Share
3 Rare candy
3 catcher
4 dual Ball
4 junk arm
2 Revive
2 switch
1 Random reciever
1 pluspower
4 PONT
2 Sage's Training
2 Twins
4 N

Energy-11
11 fire energy

Strategy: use entei to do ninety damage every turn, attach an energy that you discarded with ninetails, and afterburner.
Code:
Random Receiver – Trainer’s Goods

Reveal cards from 1 at a time from the top of your deck, show the first Support card you find to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Then, return the revealed cards to your deck and shuffle your deck.

You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

random_1_by_giantoshawott-d4x3z2q.png

- Giant

I'm not sure how you feel about the idea, but a 2nd attack of a different type would really make this deck better.
Personally, Regigigas, Tornadus, Bouffalant 91 BW (2 energy revenge 90damage, almost the same card as terrakion, just less hp and less damage on 2nd attack), Victini (V-Create), Druggion NV, Obviously Mewtwo Ex would go well in here too lol.

EDIT.
You could also run 2-3 Aerodactyl DE in this deck as well.
Giving you +10 damage while they sit on the bench with it's ability (i believe this ability is stackable.)
It's a Fist type pokemon so it will help against Zekeels, and it has 90 HP making it level ball friendly.
ALSO, I wouldn't play any old amber, just play the Twist Stadium to knock out your opponent's skyarrow bridges (CMT deck is useless without it)
And it will allow you to play your aerodactyl from the hand.

Aerodactly is a sweet add in I think.and it isn't weak to water like the rest of your deck is.

water is fine, the deck is consistent, and this deck has no trouble against Zekeels. The only thing I would try and fit in is Mewtwo. I think i will:
- 1-1 Ninetales
- 1 Juniper
+ 2 Mewtwo EX
+ 1 Pluspower.
CMT is not a problem, as skyarrow just gives entei less retreat cost, and allows smeargle to portrait, and then retreat and attack. The pluspower is in there to OHKO Zoroark DE, Zoroark BW, and 2HKO any EX with eviolite, if I hit pluspower, and then a junk arm.

Giantoshawott said:
water is fine, the deck is consistent, and this deck has no trouble against Zekeels. The only thing I would try and fit in is Mewtwo. I think i will:
- 1-1 Ninetales
- 1 Juniper
+ 2 Mewtwo EX
+ 1 Pluspower.

how many play tests have you had and was the zekeel top tier built?

rileysill32 said:
how many play tests have you had and was the zekeel top tier built?

a couple. The idea is to catcher kill their eels, win the mewtwo war, and exaust their energy. How to exaust energy: force them to attack with Zekrom EX, and then they will run out of energy. their regular Zekrom can use Bolt strike, but will then be in danger of a return KO from Entei.

Giantoshawott said:
a couple. The idea is to catcher kill their eels, win the mewtwo war, and exaust their energy. How to exaust energy: force them to attack with Zekrom EX, and then they will run out of energy. their regular Zekrom can use Bolt strike, but will then be in danger of a return KO from Entei.

I'm sorry, I'm not shooting down your dreams but I don't see this deck pulling that off.
You have no energy accel on your first attacker. Takes 3 turns to start the acceleration and usually by T3 any Tier1 deck has already output close to 200 damage, meaning 1 of your Enteis is gone and 1/3 the game is already won by your opponent.
The Exp share is def a good idea though. What area do you play in?

EDIT:
A good Zekeel deck on runs 1 ZEKEX anyways. So the chances of that coming true are slim to none.
Most of the better Zeks I've played only slap down the Zek EX for a 1HKO with a DBCE and 2 Dynamotors in 1 turn.

I am in Ottawa. i play in juniors. The people in my division, in Toronto, which is where Nats is held, play 4 typed decks, CMT, and Kyurem EX. okay, kyurem is a problem, but those people don't know the power of mewtwo. Cmt's C is destroyed, and M is easily solved with our M. T is the only problem. Only one person, other than me, at Regs, was playing zekeels. The list of people is:
2 zekeels
3 CMt
12 Reshiboar EX
3 Terrakion
5 Kyurem-Gatr
29 rogues.

That was the junior Deck's at Regs. I think I can easily get through that with this. Auto-kills CMT. it can use Mewtwo to defeat Kyurem and Reshiboar. terrakion can be a tiny bit of trouble, but this deck theoretically beats it, having the first attack. The rogues are taken care of. Zekeels may be a trouble. But it is run the least. This deck has the potential to win Nats. It is very unlikeley, but possible.

Giantoshawott said:
This deck has the potential to win Nats. It is very unlikeley, but possible.

Every deck has the potential to win Nats, much like how every deck has the potential to win any tournament. It depends on the player running the deck, and how much effort he or she put into the list and testing it against the rest of the format.

As of right now, you can't base the Nats meta off of the meta you've seen a Regionals. Dark Explorers will change the metagame. Also, while I'm not gonna make any "Junior Division" stereotypes, Reshiboar, Kyurem, and the "rogues" aren't really meta decks in other divisions.

On to the deck at hand, with only 11 Fire Energy, a 2-2 Ninetales line, 4 PONT, 2 Sage's, 2 Twins, and one Random Receiver, your drawpower isn't very good. I'd cut the Super Rod for another draw Supporter; it seems really redundant to have Super Rod and two Revive in a deck like this (especially considering you're not going to be hurting too much if you lose Ninetales). I'd also consider finding room for some N or some Juniper.

Is there anyway you can deny the opponent prizes (Shaymin UL, SSU, Seeker, Switch), because this deck is too slow to be ran straight with no energy accel.

I was thinking of running typhlosion. It could be Set up t2 and have another attacker. I will change the deck list.

Futachimaru said:
Every deck has the potential to win Nats, much like how every deck has the potential to win any tournament. It depends on the player running the deck, and how much effort he or she put into the list and testing it against the rest of the format.

As of right now, you can't base the Nats meta off of the meta you've seen a Regionals. Dark Explorers will change the metagame. Also, while I'm not gonna make any "Junior Division" stereotypes, Reshiboar, Kyurem, and the "rogues" aren't really meta decks in other divisions.

On to the deck at hand, with only 11 Fire Energy, a 2-2 Ninetales line, 4 PONT, 2 Sage's, 2 Twins, and one Random Receiver, your drawpower isn't very good. I'd cut the Super Rod for another draw Supporter; it seems really redundant to have Super Rod and two Revive in a deck like this (especially considering you're not going to be hurting too much if you lose Ninetales). I'd also consider finding room for some N or some Juniper.

I have 4 N in the deck. I don't know what you are talking about.

Changed. It now attacks t2 and has another attacker.

Giantoshawott said:
I have 4 N in the deck. I don't know what you are talking about.

If you're going to listen to advice, at least acknowledge that you did. You didn't have the N before I made that post (you only had a draw Supporter count of nine as of the time I made that post), and you listened to all of the deck advice I gave in that post (dropping the Super Rod, saying you are not hurting if you don't have Ninetales, and adding the N). This, however, is an argument for another day.

I don't understand Typhlosion in this deck. While yeah, it does accelerate your Entei and does serve as another attacker, you don't need another attacker, especially one that's a Stage 2. If you run Typhlosion, you might as well just with Tyram.

What the deck needs is a way to deny prizes, as Eon pointed out. Looking at the list, you lose the prize trade, since Entei won't be able to do decent damage until the third turn at minimum. Even then, you two-shot just about everything, while they also two shot Entei for two prizes.

Well, I agree typhlosion wouldn't really make a great addition to this deck since enter gets back energies anyways with his attack. If I were to use an energy accelerator I would use something else maybe. But for typhlosion to be a really effective energy accelerator I don't think a 3-1-2 line would really help much. Maybe 3-1-3 or 3-2-3. I think reshiram may be a good attacker in this deck too since it discards and can hit harder than entei and is only worth 1 prize card if it gets KOd.

Back