Flame of Many Colors — The Variants of Charizard ex

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! I’ve recently returned from my brief Pokemon hiatus, and I’m excited to be back, particularly as we begin the 2024 season! As I apparently wasn’t content enough to simply visit for the World Championships, I recently moved across the seas to Japan, where I will now reside for the foreseeable future. What this means for you all is that my content will now come from a slightly different perspective than my previous vantage point as a player in the US Midwest.
As a player, I’ve always kept a close eye on developments in the Japanese metagame as a way to stay on top of things when we get each new set; now that I’ll be in the thick of that metagame, I’ll be able to give you all a firsthand account of how the newest cards are expected to impact the format. Here in Japan, we’re slightly ahead of the western set release schedule; however, the only set that we have exclusively is 151, which hasn’t been all that impactful in terms of the overall metagame. In addition, the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
So how do you take down this behemoth other than using grass pokemon? They gotta release another Tool that allows your pokemon to deal 30 extra damage to ex pokemon as well as V pokemon

So how do you take down this behemoth other than using grass pokemon? They gotta release another Tool that allows your pokemon to deal 30 extra damage to ex pokemon as well as V pokemon
Lost Tina or Shining Arcana with reversal energy. Other than that, soften with a one prizer and finish with something else for a positive trade.

Quite a bit off stuff, also you can often 2 H, K.0 or knock out Benched Pokémon.

LZ Decks can uses Sableye to try to keep Charmander off the board and more Sableye & Cramorant too poke then finish it off with R-Zard, Giratina, Scizor, Goodra, Dragonite e.c.t.

Chien Bax is simple, however palkia needs usually 2 Hit K.O, unless you can
Catch them out with starmie or potentially articuno plus iono.

Arceus variants needs to 2 Hit K.O unless you tech.

Mew has to save up tablets or play Cyllene.

Miridon you have have Raichu.

Gardi Has Babi-Gardi Or Zacian V.

RS box & Glimmora Urshifu can just ignore zard.

(Sorry this ended up being REALLY long.)

Quite a bit off stuff, also you can often 2 H, K.0 or knock out Benched Pokémon.

LZ Decks can uses Sableye to try to keep Charmander off the board and more Sableye & Cramorant too poke then finish it off with R-Zard, Giratina, Scizor, Goodra, Dragonite e.c.t.

Chien Bax is simple, however palkia needs usually 2 Hit K.O, unless you can
Catch them out with starmie or potentially articuno plus iono.

Arceus variants needs to 2 Hit K.O unless you tech.

Mew has to save up tablets or play Cyllene.

Miridon you have have Raichu.

Gardi Has Babi-Gardi Or Zacian V.

RS box & Glimmora Urshifu can just ignore zard.

(Sorry this ended up being REALLY long.)
Pr drif plus damage pump over extending energy in gardy a bad ideal. Using all ur energy if ur jot behind will put u in a spot they gust up ninja n now ur stuck. W

Pr drif plus damage pump over extending energy in gardy a bad ideal. Using all ur energy if ur jot behind will put u in a spot they gust up ninja n now ur stuck. W
Thats an interesting point however I personally don't agree, drifloon + damage pump is FAR too much to set up & in those slots you can play more energy, penny pad, concitancy or more, Zacian V + Gardevoir are very difficult to punish, also even with pumps you still have to loads energy onto your bench or active do I don't see how it removes the problem.

Don't worry. It's counter will be released very soon enough.

Thats an interesting point however I personally don't agree, drifloon + damage pump is FAR too much to set up & in those slots you can play more energy, penny pad, concitancy or more, Zacian V + Gardevoir are very difficult to punish, also even with pumps you still have to loads energy onto your bench or active do I don't see how it removes the problem.
I have list done very well. At 2 of 3 challenges placed top 4. Online I'm about 68% win at over 400 games. U don t have to load of bench. Costs 5 energy to set up. In I prefer picnic now only issue u need 6 energy. Been going back n forth. Issue with gardy by turn 2. U don't have more then 5 energy in discard. Sometimes u do but most u don't. Even with tords build.watch his streams at worlds the deck u dig hard to fall short 1 energy for that first big ko in early Game. I don't have that issue. Sire any deck can Brock or have slow start but most times I don't. Vs zard u don't have to ko zard first most time u go for the bird ex. Or if no gust arceus is in active. Hitting 300 is very easy to do with drif u don't need pump or picnic just 5 energy. Usually the ko drif then u rod n by turn 3 ur deck low enough where u can get anything u really need. Be it a boss or pump or use zacian to ko or baby gardy. Then by turn 4 ur so thing setting up drif pump os very easy to ko nearly anything.
I can't wait fir screamtail in November.

I have list done very well. At 2 of 3 challenges placed top 4. Online I'm about 68% win at over 400 games. U don t have to load of bench. Costs 5 energy to set up. In I prefer picnic now only issue u need 6 energy. Been going back n forth. Issue with gardy by turn 2. U don't have more then 5 energy in discard. Sometimes u do but most u don't. Even with tords build.watch his streams at worlds the deck u dig hard to fall short 1 energy for that first big ko in early Game. I don't have that issue. Sire any deck can Brock or have slow start but most times I don't. Vs zard u don't have to ko zard first most time u go for the bird ex. Or if no gust arceus is in active. Hitting 300 is very easy to do with drif u don't need pump or picnic just 5 energy. Usually the ko drif then u rod n by turn 3 ur deck low enough where u can get anything u really need. Be it a boss or pump or use zacian to ko or baby gardy. Then by turn 4 ur so thing setting up drif pump os very easy to ko nearly anything.
I can't wait fir screamtail in November.
Do you have the list :)

Do you have the list :)
Pokémon: 11
1 Cresselia LOR 74
2 Gardevoir CRE 61
1 Drifloon SVI 89
1 Mew CEL 11
3 Kirlia SIT 68
1 Ralts SIT 67
3 Ralts ASR 60
1 Radiant Greninja ASR 46
1 Manaphy BRS 41
2 Gardevoir ex SVI 86
1 Zacian V CEL 16

Trainer: 20
1 Town Store OBF 196
1 Iono PAL 254
1 Super Rod PAL 276
1 Forest Seal Stone SIT 156
1 Damage Pump LOR 156
4 Level Ball BST 181
1 Picnic Basket SVI 184
1 Pal Pad SVI 182
1 Artazon PAL 171
4 Battle VIP Pass FST 225
3 Fog Crystal CRE 140
2 Bravery Charm PAL 173
1 Boss's Orders PAL 172
2 Iono PAL 269
1 Worker SIT 167
1 Super Rod PAL 188
1 Boss's Orders RCL 200
1 Zinnia's Resolve EVS 164
2 Ultra Ball SVI 196
2 Rare Candy SVI 191

Energy: 2
1 Reversal Energy PAL 192
10 Basic {P} Energy Energy 5

Total Cards: 60

List I've been lately taking reversal energy out. For headquarters. Or 3rd rare candy.
Also been trying only damage or picnic for the same.

Could do both . Most cases reversal only good turn 2 if u go first to get a fast ko with baby gardy. Also cressilla I rarely use so thought of cutting it but it has a couple uses and woth Lost Zone variables it's nice to have.

Also lost vacuum is a option to use instead of 3rd stadium. But headquarters is a ok option vs lighting and chin po decks . Thou only playing 1 it's eh

Point 0.5: Wondering If We Haould Move This From The Debate On An Artical

Point 1: Online Results are every impressive, however the offline data is far more trust worthy & the online tournament scene is far more warped & different compared to offline.

Point 2: This is only the one game on stream and the drifloon version still needs to dig for cards but in this case being a combination of items, energy & tools
Pokémon: 11
1 Cresselia LOR 74
2 Gardevoir CRE 61
1 Drifloon SVI 89
1 Mew CEL 11
3 Kirlia SIT 68
1 Ralts SIT 67
3 Ralts ASR 60
1 Radiant Greninja ASR 46
1 Manaphy BRS 41
2 Gardevoir ex SVI 86
1 Zacian V CEL 16

Trainer: 20
1 Town Store OBF 196
1 Iono PAL 254
1 Super Rod PAL 276
1 Forest Seal Stone SIT 156
1 Damage Pump LOR 156
4 Level Ball BST 181
1 Picnic Basket SVI 184
1 Pal Pad SVI 182
1 Artazon PAL 171
4 Battle VIP Pass FST 225
3 Fog Crystal CRE 140
2 Bravery Charm PAL 173
1 Boss's Orders PAL 172
2 Iono PAL 269
1 Worker SIT 167
1 Super Rod PAL 188
1 Boss's Orders RCL 200
1 Zinnia's Resolve EVS 164
2 Ultra Ball SVI 196
2 Rare Candy SVI 191

Energy: 2
1 Reversal Energy PAL 192
10 Basic {P} Energy Energy 5

Total Cards: 60

List I've been lately taking reversal energy out. For headquarters. Or 3rd rare candy.
Also been trying only damage or picnic for the same.

Could do both . Most cases reversal only good turn 2 if u go first to get a fast ko with baby gardy. Also cressilla I rarely use so thought of cutting it but it has a couple uses and woth Lost Zone variables it's nice to have.

Also lost vacuum is a option to use instead of 3rd stadium. But headquarters is a ok option vs lighting and chin po decks . Thou only playing 1 it's eh
Intresting, list and yes I'm also looking forward to scream tail, cute pokemon with a cool card. :)

Point 0.5: Wondering If We Haould Move This From The Debate On An Artical

Point 1: Online Results are every impressive, however the offline data is far more trust worthy & the online tournament scene is far more warped & different compared to offline.

Point 2: This is only the one game on stream and the drifloon version still needs to dig for cards but in this case being a combination of items, energy & tools

Intresting, list and yes I'm also looking forward to scream tail, cute pokemon with a cool card. :)
330 snipe combo gonna be fun

Back