Five New EX Boxes in the Fall!

How about instead of the n-teenth reprint of Charizard EX, they reprint a Shaymin EX (Set up). Let's make the game more accessible to people. Do they even care? It seems they like having a $70 card that is a must have.

To be honest with you, you have other options in Octillery, which in my opinion could be a much better option than Shaymin EX, within reason of course. Having a card like that is healthy for the game, believe it or not.

Can we please get a Shaymin ex reprint instead of completely useless cards? That would be great!

I don't see why people are surprised anymore. We've been having Generation 1 crammed down our throats ever since February. I'm not surprised by this anymore, and now, I'm still expecting a little more.

The boxes look super cool! I really like jumbos as well.

To all that are complaining about the kinds of cards Pokemon are releasing in these boxes, and want Shaymin-EX to be placed in one, stop. For the love of all things Pokemon, stop.

Packs, boxes, and other merchandise are mostly targeted at those that aren't familiar with the competitive scene. Collectors, children, and new players trying to jump start a collection are the main individuals that the Pokemon company wants to sell these to. This is why there aren't many competitive cards in these boxes, only the flashiest and most powerful-looking cards will ever be placed in a box.

Shaymin-EX is the most powerful card in the game, period. I understand the frustration people have when trying to obtain it. However, Shaymin-EX, despite being a card that is quite old, is still making a ton of money for the Pokemon company. Tons of people go out and buy roaring skies packs, hoping to pull one of these elusive cards. To answer the question of "Do the Pokemon Company like having a $65 card as a must have?" Yes. Most definitely. Pokemon doesn't value people that try to go cheap. That's why a lot of the cheap decks right now have to use gimmicks and have the disadvantage over a more expensive deck.

Next, on the question of "accessibility". Shaymin-EX being an expensive card does not, I repeat NOT bring down the accessibility of the Pokemon Trading Card Game. "Accessibility" in this case refers to how easy it is to play/ start playing the game, and Shaymin is in no way needed to play this game, it's just a very good card that is good in certain decks when you get to a higher level of play.

There are a couple things I have to go over here. First, the only way Pokemon makes a bit of money off Shaymin-EX is through Roaring Skies packs. If you reprint, and drop the price, nobody will really need to buy the packs anymore, so Pokemon then loses money. What other companies have done the technique you speak of? Next, unfortunately, the Pokemon Trading Card Game's purpose is not all just fun. It's an extra branch on the Pokemon brand, which sprouts from the video games. I would say that the game is mainly another way for Nintendo to make money, hence all the expensive cards. Your part about "max fun" is pretty funny, but what i'll say is that you don't need expensive cards and good decks to have fun in this game. Playing trash decks during an event like a league or a cities can be super fun, as it gives the whole new lighter feeling to everything. It's also cool when your creating wins, as winning with a bad deck is one of the best feelings you can get in this game.

To end this, i'd like to say, Shaymin will only be in the standard format for 1 more season, so if you don't want to play the game without Shaymin being a necessity, just wait a while. Shaymin-EX boxes will most likely never be made.

The remark of getting money out of Roaring Skies Packs is a little invalid, since it's very difficult to pull a Shaymin. How many packs would a costumer need to get it? 1 box, 2 boxes? Then that would mean I'd pay 200$+ So, a costumer wouldn't dare buy packs, because buying the product immediately is cheaper.

Out of all the players, 95% first played the video games and then moved to the TCG. The vise-versa is not the rule.

Okay, this argument is also invalid, (about max fun) since if people actually enjoyed losing, they wouldn't complain. And if they "liked" playing with a bad deck, they wouldn't complain.

Also, do you happen to know how Pokemon makes money out of the 65$ card and not the secondary market? And fyi Konami is one of those smart companies that every now and then release a product that contains Reprints of valuable and rare cards. And can you get what happens? They go out of stock on day 1.

TL;DR: With the way things are Shaymin is a must have in every deck, hence the demand is high. We hadn't such a versatile card for many formats. It's logical for people wanting to have the card. But it's undeniable that it's unheard for a player that wants to enter the competitive stage, (Pokemon new slogan was: "I can do this." No you can't if you don't have a spare 200$) to pay for such a high amount *just for 2-3 cards. Comparing to other franchises 65$ cards do exist, but in the same season they get reprinted. If Pokemon Company cared for the game, they would have professional judges who don't sleep and carefully planned the effects of cards. Shaymin could have been 10-20$ If the effect said: Once per turn.

We get really lucky at times when a Tin Line has all of them as REALLY good cards such as the Mewtwo/Darkrai/Rayquaza line.
These cards are not essential in every deck like Shaymin is, that's the truth. You can buy Metwto or Darkrai or Rayquaza on the internet for a few dollars, unlike Shaymin, there's a reason for that. Shaymin-EX is a staple for every deck who wants to be super fast, the other cards you mentioned are not.

@RealSlim You do realize I'm talking about X Ball Mewtwo right back when it was the destroyer of worlds? THIS tin line?:

pokemon-ex-tins-fall-2012-mewtwo-ex-rayquaza-ex-darkrai-ex-p17575-18027_medium.jpg
At the time this came out it was easily one of the most valuable products, All the EXs were very playable from them. That Mewtwo at it's release in Next Destiny destroyed all sense of balance in the game. Look at all four of the 2012 champion decks they printed all them use Multiple X Ball Mewtwo. Not the useful draw engine Shaymin but this was a very nasty hammer of doom. Sure Darkrai and Rayquaza were not as splash able but they both could also have their own powerful decks around that time period. The Plasma Tin line at it's time was also very valuable play-wise as well

IF you look at their value now they're cheap because they have had multiple reprints. Yes a Promo of that Shaymin would help prices of it on the secondary market but it would be legal for standard longer if they do that due to how their rotation system works. If they could do a valid reprint like they do with the Battle Arena Decks with the Roaring Skies set symbol that would be the best of both worlds.

GX Pokemon is looking to be their new EX in the upcoming sets and if that's the case they will most likely be pushing GX in future promo products.

It's a good thing Charizard is getting a box. It's been six months since the last one and I was beginning to worry we'd never see him again.

All boxes say they feature a "Pokemon-EX foil promo card" except for Dragonite where it says a "Foil Pokemon-EX promo card" smh, tcpi is being run by mad men.

Wow. These look awful. The cards are ugly, which yes, I know they're reprints. I'm not buying these boxes, especially since they both look awful, and boxes like these tend to have crap pulls...

It feels like these boxes are an excuse to print the, previously missing, Mewtwo-EX promo.

It's a real pity that the Dragonite-EX is not the one from XY: Evolutions and the Charizard-EX is A) bad, B) doesn't have alternate artwork.

All round a bit disappointing!

Haha, no buy.

Don't even need the pictures of Kangaskahn and Gengar, you know what it'll look like

Back