Five Lv. X's to be afraid of.

omegaGogeta

Awesome Hippo
Hippowdon, Alakazam 4, Tangrowth, Gengar, Absol G.

Hippowdon because it can mess up long games.

Alakazam 4 because it moves damage around in an SP deck(Nidoqueen SP decks too).

Tangrowth because it can heal with it's power and has an attack for {G} that has you attach as many discarded {G} energy to your pokemon, in any way, as you like.

Gengar for it's Level Down power(self-explanatory) and it's attack that does 30 to each of your opponent's pokemon that has any damage counters on it.

Absol G should be a prime concern because it, when played, has you flip 3 coins and for each heads your opponent sends a card from the top of their deck to the lost zone.

Note: these are from Platinum sets 2-4. I never said I wouldn't go to Advent of Arceus.

I don't understand this thread at all.

Aside from Absol these Lv.X's are also really bad, and all you are doing is reading the cards to us, which everybody is capable of doing.

Also who are you talking to in the last line?

And the point of this is...?

Well, Hippowdon isn't anything to fear at all. Power Spray just ruins Hippowdon completely. Gengar is ruining Alakazam 4, and it's too far into the future to tell us anything about Gengar and Tangrowth. Absol... isn't something to fear, but is good.

Overall, this list is lacking. One, where is Luxray GL? Once SV comes out, there will be many decks that can be based around Luxray GL. He is something to fear. Same goes with Palkia G Lv.X and Blaziken FB Lv.X.

I have personal experience with Hippowdon Lv.X and it is not horrible. I have played a proxy Tangrowth Lv.X and it isn't half bad. Alakazam 4 Lv.X is the worst on the list but it's not the worst overall. Gengar Lv.X can mess up someone's game so bad.

Not everybody has, or is willing to look up the descriptions of, the Lv.X's.

I was just letting people know for reference.

Most of us already knows what Gengar/Tangrowth does. And it also depends on your matchups with a deck. If you play just one deck, you can't prove anything. Honestly, Hippowdon is not so good. Maybe not horrible, but not good.

My Hippowdon Lv.X deck can beat quite a few deck types. It's not perfect, but it's my best deck to date. And I can run some beastly decks. I've got another deck that topples it and loses to everything else. No deck is perfect.

5 Lv.X's you should actually be afraid of: Luxray GL, Palkia G, Flygon, Infernape 4, Machamp. Because those are the most viable ones...

That is, if you're the kind who's afraid of cardboard in the first place.

Gliscor said:
Overall, this list is lacking. One, where is Luxray GL? Once SV comes out, there will be many decks that can be based around Luxray GL. He is something to fear. Same goes with Palkia G Lv.X and Blaziken FB Lv.X.

What new combos are out there for luxray?

This, IMO is how that list SHOULD look:

Palkia G: Bench restriction AND can abuse cards like Mesprit. =O
Machamp: This card is ridiculous. 100 for 1? On average 120 for 2? Just wow.
Absol G: Destroys your card supply and hits fairly hard.
Blaziken FB: Does insane amounts of damage for little energy.
Luxray GL: Gust of Wind is back....be afraid.

Dialga G Lv.X should be put in almost everyone's list. With so many things with Bodies, it's a pain when you see one. ;o

dmaster out.

Infernape should also be up there as a warp point on demand? Sounds nice and when a deck is set up right you can hit for 100 every turn from turn 2. Not to mention from a basic.

amisheskimoninja said:
Gliscor said:

What new combos are out there for luxray?

We all know about LuxApe, but we may see:

Luxray w/ Blaziken FB (Flash Fire)
Luxray w/ Honchkrow SV (LuxKrow)
Luxray w/ Absol G (Destruction)

The thing is that all we have to do is take a look at the meta and we can see what LV. X's are really going to be important.
Luxray - It's in almost every SP deck.
Palkia G - It's in pretty much every SP deck Luxray isn't in.
Flygon - Discarding cards from the top of the deck, pwning other LV. X's.
Dialga G - Uxie-based decks and any deck with bodies will not like this guy, and he plays a big part in Legos or most Gallade decks.
Gengar - He isn't great, but he'll give Gengar another power/HP boost, boosting the amount of Gengars we see.

That's pretty much what I think it should be, and those who play in competitive tournaments (the same people who might actually use this thread) will already know what Lv. X's are good.

omegaGogeta said:
Hippowdon, Alakazam 4, Tangrowth, Gengar, Absol G.

Hippowdon because it can mess up long games.
Yet no one plays it because it's so slow and one Power Spray ruins it. I've tried out Hippowdon, it's ok but it doesn't stand much of a chance in todays meta.

Alakazam 4 because it moves damage around in an SP deck(Nidoqueen SP decks too).
Why would people be afraid of this card, yes its a good card for its power but you rarely see it in play because it's too hard to get out plus it requires you to waste a poke Turn on the pokmeon you dumped the damage on even spreading the damage out amoung your pokemon is very risky

Tangrowth because it can heal with it's power and has an attack for {G} that has you attach as many discarded {G} energy to your pokemon, in any way, as you like.
I would have to agree, this is a beast once its set up w/Shaymin lvX and Expert Belt

Gengar for it's Level Down power(self-explanatory) and it's attack that does 30 to each of your opponent's pokemon that has any damage counters on it.
Quite a broken power and its attack it quite decent so yes this may become quite a threat, depending on how the meta changes once AoA is released

Absol G should be a prime concern because it, when played, has you flip 3 coins and for each heads your opponent sends a card from the top of their deck to the lost zone.
This is just over hyped. It has a mediorce attack and a flippy power, however i could be wrong and it may become one of the BDIF next season

Note: these are from Platinum sets 2-4. I never said I wouldn't go to Advent of Arceus.

TBH, you should be afraid of Palkia G Lv.x, Dialga G lv.x, Luxray GL Lv.x and Infernape 4 Lv.x (to be replaced by Blaze Lv.x once we get it), Gallade 4 Lv.x isn't something to underestimate either. All the Lv.x's you listed are pushovers. I would rather face any of the lv.x that you listed than the ones that I just listed.

DarthPika said:
TBH, you should be afraid of Palkia G Lv.x, Dialga G lv.x, Luxray GL Lv.x and Infernape 4 Lv.x (to be replaced by Blaze Lv.x once we get it), Gallade 4 Lv.x isn't something to underestimate either. All the Lv.x's you listed are pushovers. I would rather face any of the lv.x that you listed than the ones that I just listed.

Why will Blaze replace the Great Ape? They've got the same stats except for retreat cost, where Infernape's better anyway, and if your Blaze gets burnt and has just used Jet Shoot, it can be OHKO'd by any water Pokémon capable of dealing 10 damage. Obviously that situation is quite unlikely, but whenever Blaze uses that attack he puts himself in a lot of danger. 70 damage isn't very hard to reach nowadays, making him an easy target. Plus, the Great Ape has an incredible Power to abuse whenever he wants, and an easily achievable 100 damage attack, only requiring a 2 energy discard.
On to their normal forms, and we see Infernape's got the edge again with 10 extra HP. Blaze's first attack can be very useful, I'll give you that, but I'd still rather have a 20 damage 'Split Bomb' than that, even if it does cost 1 extra energy, which is nothing too troubling due to Energy Gain. With their second attack, you've got 2 for 30/60 with Blaze, or 3 for 50 with the Ape. Looks like Blaze has the edge, until you notice that the 60 is only reached when playing against a specific type. Palkia G is highly played, meaning it'll often be able to hit for the 60, but I still prefer Infernape's reliability of a solid 50, without any requirements needing to be met.

Anyway, sorry for the slightly off topic post.

On topic, I'd say Palkia G, Luxray GL, Flygon, Infernape E4, and possibly Dialga G are some pretty scary X's to face.

Back