News First 'The Best of XY' News, Reprinted Cards

Just dont reprint Vileplume.....and please reprint Double Dragon Energy

I'm done. I can't do another format with these cards. I just can't. Why the hell have a rotation at all if you keep the things people want gone from the game around.

I can't play this game anymore. It's clear the designers of the game don't care about it so why should I.

/rant
Exactly, who needs new strategies when you can just play that same deck over and over again.

I got the impression that this set is Japan-only and, for @crystal_pidgeot's blood pressure at least, I hope we don't get this.

Besides, it would be bizarre to interrupt all of the Sun & Moon marketing with an XY set.

The Japanese players meet the rest of the world in Anaheim in August. Their formats may be different, but the base set of cards allowed is the same. If they release this set into Standard, then they are standard for everyone.
Shaymin, Seismitoad, MewTwo, Darkrai, and Yveltal will be around forever.

The Japanese players meet the rest of the world in Anaheim in August. Their formats may be different, but the base set of cards allowed is the same. If they release this set into Standard, then they are standard for everyone.
Sound logic.
I'll be assuming this for now~

I'd be extremely disappointed if they brought this set to the west. I don't even know why they're releasing it in Japan. What's the point of having an expanded and standard format if you just keep all of the good cards printed from the XY block in standard indefinitely with reprints?

"They’ve stated that they’ve carefully selected 171 to save from rotation[...]"

So, these are essentially re-prints.
Will this set be coming to the west?
It'd make it really hard to tell between expanded and standard...
Guys remember Sycamore, Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo, TM, and the Full arts, they were from this set, so no it won't be in the west

As said earlier Japan plays XY-on however at worlds they have to follow our standard

I don't know if I can keep playing another year of XY cards. Sooo extremely bored of current decks/game-style. Please don't let this happen in the West.

"All of the cards in the set will be available as reverse holo cards, including the Pokemon-EX, Mega Evolutions, and Pokemon BREAK."

I don't understand this. What will a reverse holo EX look like?

Hold up a second; remember that the Premium Champion Packs released in Japan never made it over here. And thank God they didn't as Seismitoad-EX was reprinted just after we all thought it had gone.

I'm of the opinion that The Best of XY will be the same; i.e. released in Japan only with a handful of the new cards making it over to the West (e.g. M Camerupt-EX & M Sharpedo-EX).

Truthfully, if we do get a reprint set, it'll just be another legendary treasures and I highly doubt we'll get something so big as Japan is getting. Their format is all kinds of whonky anyway. With us being so early into Sun and Moon sets, we'll likely not even see a reprint set until the holiday season IF that.

Honestly, it's a throw up if they will keep any cards that have grown stale and are always used by people with no imagination. Heck, the US will likely see our next set in July or August if we're lucky and if you're really lucky it'll be legal before Worlds but never get your hopes up too much with Pokemon. After all, I'm still having to fight their website just to report league every month...

Personally I think Oranguru was your new Shaymin-EX but who knows. My grudge is the lack of the rest of the mega evolution EXes, specifically one.

One of the reasons why I kinda stopped playing the game wasn't just the lack of a player base here in my region of germany, no, it was because I was annoyed by the lack of diversity.
Some decks just won't stop seeing play, since cards get reprinted over and over!
Also I think the amount of sets that get rotated out should be increased.
As it is now, everyone just sticks to the decks they got and tweek those a bit, but new deckideas are not really further having an impact.
My oppinion on pokemon ex is also that they're a flawed design and it kinda took the fun out of the game too, since stage 2 is not viable unless grass typ with gigant plant... :/

So here's the litmus test: if this comes to us, then there won't be "rotation-geddon" where everything is rotated out up to Evolutions.

I think it will come, sadly, just remember how long Darkrai EX and some other cards where or still are in a format.
3 years of certain decks/strategies is just plain dumb and ruining the fun on a big scale.
I really hope for some hard cuts this rotation and that pokemon ex will be gone at all, so we can play the whole game and stage 2 pokemon as it was intented instead of what we got now...

Back