First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
How is this bland in any way? I do not understand, this card is like the pure opposite of bland.
Because despite, like other kecleons, having a nice idea behind it, it's completely unplayable and there is no way you should include it in any of your deck.

To make it work you would need:
- Uxie + Mesprit + Azelf on bench to deal 360 on weakness
- Having mew too on bench to avoid snipe against Urshifu / Inteleon.
- Opponent having a weakness and not being immune to it (coating energy, weakness guard, etc..)
- Having a way to accelerate energies to power it with RS/twin energy and the right basic energy.
- Having a way to somehow search consistently all the above cards to make the combo work.

Instead you could just play something like spiritomb and have a single attacker doing up to 310 consistently.

Edit: To give you and example of how bad and clunky it is, I think even without specifying "basic" energy it would still not be playable, even with Aurora energy in the format.

In conclusion, do I think it is bad? Yes. Will it be one of the first pokemons of the set I'll try? Of course yes! I'm already building a stupid deck around Exp-Share and turbo patch

Last edited:

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Because despite, like other kecleons, having a nice idea behind it, it's completely unplayable and there is no way you should include it in any of your deck.

- Opponent having a weakness and not being immune to it (coating energy, weakness guard, etc..)
- Having a way to accelerate energies to power it with RS/twin energy and the right basic energy.
- Having a way to somehow search consistently all the above cards to make the combo work.

Instead you could just play something like spiritomb and have a single attacker doing up to 310 consistently.

Edit: To give you and example of how bad and clunky it is, I think even without specifying "basic" energy it would still not be playable, even with Aurora energy in the format.

In conclusion, do I think it is bad? Yes, will it be one of the first pokemons of the set I'll try? Of course yes! I'm already building a stupid deck around Exp-Share and turbo patch
I don’t think Uxie mechanic is necessary if you’re using a 1 prize attacker.

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
Probably Bad because to fit it in a rapid strike deck you would need to play the basic energy. At that point you might as well play that type deck if you really want to hit for weakness.

I'm a Sword!

Aspiring Trainer
I know this card may not be the best card, but this is possibly the most I've been excited for a card's mechanics in a long while.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
purp kecleon from mystery dungeon is finally here
Purple Kecleon appeared in Pokémon the Series in the episode “the Kecleon Caper” years before the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon... or Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, for that matter.
It was episode 207. Don’t remember exactly what season, but it was definitely during the Johto Journeys. Harrison also used a Kecleon at the Silver Conference, but I don’t know if it was purple or not.

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun

In conclusion, do I think it is bad? Yes, will it be one of the first pokemons of the set I'll try? Of course yes! I'm already building a stupid deck around Exp-Share and turbo patch
That doesn't mean it is a bland card, this is a very creative and interesting card.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
That doesn't mean it is a bland card, this is a very creative and interesting card.
I'm not really sure, the attack is vanilla and the ability is the same as older Kecleons with little change here and there. Maybe interesting compared to the "pack fillers" type of cards, but not that much if you look at all the previous Kecleons.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Kecleon: Not a bad start to the 6th Sword and Shield set, though I do sincerely hope we get an Abra and a Kadabra card soon, now that Uri Geller has officially lifted the ban.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer

In conclusion, do I think it is bad? Yes. Will it be one of the first pokemons of the set I'll try? Of course yes! I'm already building a stupid deck around Exp-Share and turbo patch
Then it is not 'bland', it's just 'bad'. I am sure this is the first time Creatures tried to adapt Protean from the VG into the TCG format and on paper it's absolutely interesting. I do agree that in its current form the card is super clunky to use, but now since it exists, it may open up cool shenanigans in the future, or maybe a better card with similar ability to it. Who knows!

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Is Teeziro a new artist to the TCG? If so, that's a fantastic debut card illustration. I want that Celebi so much!

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, that Celebi looks gorgeous. Don't know how practical that first attack is though, specially on a two-prize.