First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Not going to lie, didn't think Castform would get more cool cards about him since Holon's Castform.

Zeraora also looks super good assuming you can get him going.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I would consider tools to be as manageable as stadium cards. Both can be discarded with Galarian Articuno V and Galarian Meowth in addition to Quick Ball and supporters that discard cards from hand. The only reason why tools may be a little more manageable to discard than stadium cards are tools that discard themselves at the end of your opponent's next turn such as Giant Bomb and Metal Core Barrier but those are the only ones that do that as far as I know.

The thing is that you've probably never played a Rotom deck and it shows. Whereas Rotom decks could actually include tools that brought forward their strategy - like Giant Bomb, Spell Tag, Board for consistency with Jirachi or other mons - Castform can't do these cool tricks with their intended gimmick, except use Power Plant and Wondrous Labyrinth to attempt to slow down your opponent. And after those two rotate you're shit out of luck because the best generic stadium are Rose Tower and Circhester Bath, and the last one is very questionable as it will probably help your opponent far more than it does you. Discarding cards has never been a problem in decks like this - though cards like Adventure Bag helped make it far more consistent -, the problem is filling your deck with otherwise useless cards that merely aid your main attacker actually do what's supposed to do instead of providing you an intrinsic benefit. And Rotom was just a fun petdeck - Castform is probably even lesser than that.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
The thing is that you've probably never played a Rotom deck and it shows. Whereas Rotom decks could actually include tools that brought forward their strategy - like Giant Bomb, Spell Tag, Board for consistency with Jirachi or other mons - Castform can't do these cool tricks with their intended gimmick, except use Power Plant and Wondrous Labyrinth to attempt to slow down your opponent. And after those two rotate you're shit out of luck because the best generic stadium are Rose Tower and Circhester Bath, and the last one is very questionable as it will probably help your opponent far more than it does you. Discarding cards has never been a problem in decks like this - though cards like Adventure Bag helped make it far more consistent -, the problem is filling your deck with otherwise useless cards that merely aid your main attacker actually do what's supposed to do instead of providing you an intrinsic benefit. And Rotom was just a fun petdeck - Castform is probably even lesser than that.

I am more than aware of this but Rhyperior claimed that tools would have been more manageable. In the current standard format there are not that many tools which would benefit the Castforms either assuming that they would utilize tools instead of stadium cards as their gimmick. I also did not claim that the Castforms will be a strong and viable deck. At present they only hit for fire and water weakness which is not enough to play a weakness-based game. My main point is that it is not the fact that their gimmick is based on stadium cards and that they are hard to discard as claimed by Rhyperior. Its the fact that the attacks themselves are not good enough.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
What I really want to know is: Can you chain Zeraora V? So, Zeraora V escape roped into another Zeraora V? If so, Let's have some fun :) AND, we have the new passimian... That's Dede, Bat and Kricketune all bopped... Add Telescopic Sight, you kill a benched Etern (Add a ziggy ping for the death of a zacian). This looks terrifying

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Remember when we thought that “Matchless Fighter” was going to be Machamp, “Silver Lance” was going to be Melmetal, and “Jet-Black Spirit” was going to be Gengar (the gigantamax forms)?

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I'm surprised we aren't GUSHING over Torandus VMAX. It has all the tricks that Urshifu VMAX has with strengths and weaknesses.

Pros:
  • You can use Powerful colorless energy
  • You aren't forced to discard all of energy, which imo is alot harder to recharge than putting up another stadium.
  • You aren't forced to run houndoom in your deck, although it would help alot
  • For the time being until rotation you have TCE for a very fast attacker, which you can power in one turn.
  • You resist fighting, meaning both Urshifus are going to have a harder time taking you down.
  • You get all the Single Strike support, mainly Scroll of Scorn
  • Even if you don't want to build around it and just want to use it as a tech card to cover Urshifu VMAXs tougher matchups. It's the perfect partner for that
  • For the time being GuzHala is the perfect card for this pokemon! Get stadium+Special energy+tool. Everything it needs to get going.

Cons:
  • You don't hit for weakness. This is actually big because you'll have to use more resources to KO a crobat or dedenne.
  • Lighting Weakness. I dont see Pikarom going anywhere until it rotates. And that new Zeraora spells trouble for you. If they are still popular you have the option to run multiple Weakness guard energy
  • Your first attack is either good or meh depending on the situation. Against SPA decks like Mad Party and possibly that new Castform deck, very good attack where you aren't forced to put all your resources into one Tornadus VMAX. Against anything else, it's a meh poke attack in case you have nothing else better to do.
  • You do have to do have to keep a stadium up. Tower of Darkness is a great 4 of in Single Strike Decks. But it would be unfortunate to discard to early on from a Prof Research or Dedenne.

All in all, when we have another SingleStrike VMAX besides Urshifu, we should all keep our eyes open to it because of the insane amount of support it'll have behind it. (Galarian Slowking VMAX doesn't count though lol)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
What I really want to know is: Can you chain Zeraora V? So, Zeraora V escape roped into another Zeraora V? If so, Let's have some fun :) AND, we have the new passimian... That's Dede, Bat and Kricketune all bopped... Add Telescopic Sight, you kill a benched Etern (Add a ziggy ping for the death of a zacian). This looks terrifying

While you cannot hit the bench with the same Zeraora V twice in a raw you could switch into another Zeraora V to hit the bench again with the second Zeraora. Corss Fist tsates that it does 100 damage to the active and 160 damage to a benched Pokémon if another Rapid Strike Pokémon other than the current Zeraora V attacked last turn. Thus you can chain Cross Fist provided that you have at least two powered up Zeraora V on the battlefield. With that in mind the ideal partners for Zeraora V seem to be Blaziken VMAX and Octillery combined with Passimian, Telescopic Sight and Echoing Horn.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I'm surprised we aren't GUSHING over Torandus VMAX. It has all the tricks that Urshifu VMAX has with strengths and weaknesses.

I guess the main issue here is that it does not compare favorable to Urshifu VMAX. The fact that it retains the attached energy helps a little but you still need Urn of Vitality to be able to stream Tornadus VMAX and the damage output it slightly lower than Single Strike Urshifu VMAX. Also keep in mind that we will receive Zeraora V in the same set which looks real busted and happens to hit Tornadus VMAX for weakness. It is much easier to tech Zeraora V into a Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX list than to tech Tornados VMAX into a single Strike Urshifu VMAX list. In addition Tornadus VMAX also relies on Houndoom to hit fast enough but also needs a constant supply of stadium cards.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if, this week, they will slowly start to reveal the Pokémon that will be in these sets before they are all revealed on April 16th.....

MultX

Aspiring Trainer
I thought this thing will be immediately used in the upcoming V-Union mechanic

UrGardevoir_callsmeMaster

Aspiring Trainer
pretty weak cards competitively by themselves. though the models look hd as fugg. the new mechanic will be very interesting to see. I can only imagine what it will be.

Hopefully it isnt something banal like a Mega-Vmax 500HP worth 4 prizes, and an interesting and varied mechanic.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
"They are different from the ones in the two sets, but those STILL haven’t been revealed yet."

Read the thing, people, jeez... Promo Urshifus are also bad compared to their main set counterparts, this is most definitely the same thing and the actual main set ones will be the good ones.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
These might be the worst legendary rule box Pokemon ever printed excluding stuff like family boxes. If they don't have good VMAX to make up for it they did my boy dirty.

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
Its not surprising to know that these are promos. The Urshifu promos were pretty bad compared to their Vs in the set.

Welp, lets just hope the VMAXes are good. At least from what I know, cards that are the stars of a set are generally great in one way or another

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I mean two energy for 40 to the active and 40 to each benched v and gx with telescopic sight isn’t too bad.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Seems pretty clear to me like others say this won't be their final forms, especially with the unrevealed V-Union mechanic to debut within the set.